Final Fantasy VI confirmed for SNES Classic

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
In the aftermath of the success of the NES Classic, Nintendo has announced the SNES Classic, with a release date of September 29th, 2017, at the price of $79.99 USD. The SNES Classic has been confirmed to be preloaded with 21 games. The titles are as follows:

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
F-Zero
Super Metroid
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Punch-Out!!
Castlevania III
Donkey Kong Country
Mega Man X
Kirby Super Star
Final Fantasy VI (titled as Final Fantasy III)
Kirby's Dream Course
Star Fox
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Contra III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Ghouls & Ghosts
Star Fox 2 (previously unreleased)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just hope they have decent supply now and don't actually stop producing it while there's still billions of people that want to buy it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Silly Yop, this is Nintendo.

I would be considerably more interested in the things if they still accepted cartridges. As it is, smeh.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Well, aside from FF6, I like Super Punch-Out!!, Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter II Turbo (and believe it or not, I have this game on Genesis...which was released as SF2 Special Champion Edition, and on PS2 as part of the Capcom Classics Collection), Zelda, Mario Kart, SMW (which I have on cartridge), and Yoshi's Island. Plus, you get a previously unreleased game with it.

Now I was most certainly triggered by that Konami logo on a few of those games, but to be fair, Konami was actually a good company in the 90s when those games were released, and not the utter piece of shit Sweatshop they are now...#FuckKonami.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I'm pretty pumped for a few of the games :) obviously FFVI (Not played it yet, I do have it waiting for me on DS (GBA version I think), Castlevania for sure, Secret of Mana is apparently one of the "must play in your life time" games, Super ghosts & ghouls takes me WAYYYY back!! Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island will be sweet....

Yeah, I'm pretty sold!

Yvnie

Banned
Dont they have this on the Wii or North American SNES. Why waste money on something you can buy digitally.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Because the SNES control pad was far more comfortable after several hours of chasing Dyluck's possessed remains in Secret of Mana than the Wiimote will ever be, duh.
I for one will be looking to buy one, it's got a solid line-up and means my son can play the games as they were meant to be played rather than trying to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo on a poxy emulator.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Plus no crappy mandatory internet requirement etc.

hECK why did consoles become bloated. Up until the PS2 it was plug and play, with the cartridge-based consoles having this win thing of having to insert a chunky cartridge and shit.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I for one will be looking to buy one, it's got a solid line-up and means my son can play the games as they were meant to be played rather than trying to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo on a poxy emulator.

This is just an emulator too though :monster:
I believe they just run on a custom version of Linux.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I have to say, SNES was the console I skipped in favor of Sonic the Hedgehog. Man that was a tough decision back in the day. Sonic Spinball was the game that convinced me.

Still, I liked Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Arkanoid, Yoshi's Island, Act Raiser, and Zelda ALttP.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Don't know if anyone is going to read this, but none the less, I did try look for the individual areas of the forum where I could talk about FFVI specifically, but since the major shift to the forum, I can't seem to find that any more.... sooooooo none the less, I'm finally making a move on playing FFVI and I've just finished the ghost train. I think it was a pretty fun section. I took on a ghost and used it as my avatar for that section, it made me giggle a bit :D but I didn't giggle so much when I got off the train :(

Top Bottom