Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
On January 31st 2022 we will have the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII. Since then we have had the following titles that were created due to the success of FFVII

Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII (Japanese cell phone game)
FFVII Advent Children (DVD)
Last Order Final Fantasy VII (OVA)
On the Way to a smile (Novel)
On the Way to a Smile: Denzel (OVA)
FFVII Advent Children Complete (DVD)
Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode(Japanese/NA Cell phone game)
Dirge of Cerberus (PS2)
Crisis Core (PSP)
FFVII (G-Bike)
FFVII: Remake
FFVII: First Soldier (IOS/Android)
FFVII: Ever Crisis (IOS/Android) TBA
and more.

With the 25th anniversary happening soon, what are you looking forward to/looking forward to?

I hope we get at least one of the following
1. FFVII: Remake Part 2 Teaser
2. Ever Crisis: update of any kind
3. Update on the status of the rumored Netflix FFVII series.
4. If the FFVII Ttitles can eventually make their way to PC or switch
Again this is just what I hope for. I don’t claim it will happen. I claim that it could happen seeing as how we have Yoshinori Kitase and Tetsuya Nomura.

We have a 25th anniversary stream on Square Enix’s YouTube Chanel here:

Last edited:

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer

It was reported sometime ago that their was going to be a FFVII Anime series of some kind with Netflix. It is rumor for now. Even some people are asking Nojima about it. No idea if fake or not. But would like to know if it is true or not.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
How come Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode was included in your list but not Dirge of Cerberus itself?

Anyways, yeah I also hope for some type of teaser or at least information update on the status of Part 2 (or possibility announcement of how many parts are being planned). But I don't expect too much marketing/promotion for part 2 this year, especially if FFXVI is going to end up being released around November/December of this year.

The Trace of Two Pasts novel getting an official English release would also be nice, and I hope happens in the next year or two.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
How come Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode was included in your list but not Dirge of Cerberus itself?

Anyways, yeah I also hope for some type of teaser or at least information update on the status of Part 2 (or possibility announcement of how many parts are being planned). But I don't expect too much marketing/promotion for part 2 this year, especially if FFXVI is going to end up being released around November/December of this year.

The Trace of Two Pasts novel getting an official English release would also be nice, and I hope happens in the next year or two.

Because sometimes I forget lol. I’ll add it thank you.

Avinacode101

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I want a port of before crisis and dirge of Cerberus lost chapter. I know ever crisis should hypothetically cover that, but from what I hear it’s shortened to important battle scenes…

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
I want a port of before crisis and dirge of Cerberus lost chapter. I know ever crisis should hypothetically cover that, but from what I hear it’s shortened to important battle scenes…

See that’s what I have a problem with. People say “Oh you are getting Before Crisis with Ever Crisis” but I don’t like that it may be shortened. We were told we would get Before Crisis in 2006 and no reason was ever given as to why we didn’t. Because in a way, giving a shortened version to over seas fans rather than the original or a more HD port just feels insulting tbh.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
See that’s what I have a problem with. People say “Oh you are getting Before Crisis with Ever Crisis” but I don’t like that it may be shortened. We were told we would get Before Crisis in 2006 and no reason was ever given as to why we didn’t. Because in a way, giving a shortened version to over seas fans rather than the original or a more HD port just feels insulting tbh.

How do you know it will be shortened? Seems to me that they could split each chapter of BC into $5.99 expansions and make mint. Don’t see the use of shortening it, cause once you make the models and animations it’s just quick scene construction and text bubbles. Free money.

I’m more concerned with gameplay changes. The use of the camera in BC was really innovative, but I don’t know if they’ll actually remake each entry’s mechanics or just jury rig the combat we saw with Guard Scorp in the first trailer, making it apply to all titles including CC and DoC. That’s what I’m most nervous and curious about.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
How do you know it will be shortened? Seems to me that they could split each chapter of BC into $5.99 expansions and make mint. Don’t see the use of shortening it, cause once you make the models and animations it’s just quick scene construction and text bubbles. Free money.

I remember hearing that it may be an over view. And it is also not to replace the original. But we will see what happens. Also Nomura said the chapters will be free. The items that you collect in the loot boxes will cost money. I do hope they do give us the original.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What I'd like is a trailer/teaser for part 2, trace of two pasts getting an English version, and an artbook of concept art from compilation of ff7.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL that Sora pic goes hilariously hard. Love how they recreated that with Scala Ad Caelum.

Top Bottom