• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII Abridged Series

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Trailer for Team Four Star's Final Fantasy VII: Machinabridged

First episode is coming out September 3rd, and purportedly the release schedule is going to be much quicker (for a period of time) than DBZA because they produced a batch/season of episodes all at once.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

http://teamfourstar.com/video/final-fantasy-7-machinabridged-episode-1/

http://teamfourstar.com/video/final-fantasy-7-machinabridged-episode-2/

Alright, the first two episodes of Final Fantasy VII Machinabridged are up on Team Four Star's website now!
EDIT: And the first episode is up on their YouTube channel now.

It's humor is a little less meta than the cloudstrife8/Renegamers FFVII Abridged series but it is very funny. Also unlike the Renegamers Abridged series they chose not to edit in their own dialogue boxes but instead actually edited-in/animated mouth-flaps onto the characters and also use "close-ups" for cinematic/comedic effect.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
They were pretty good but I'm not blown away. Looking forward to more episodes anyway :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I really like the style, it's a good platform for this kind of comedy. Wish it wasn't so spoilerific though, it makes it hard to share with people half-way through the game. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to more :)

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Not bad, but I wasn't blown away. Abridged series that work generally have fundamentally the same characters -you can imagine canon Kaiba saying 'screw the rules, I have money!", Alucard still loves killing people, etc. Normally I like TFS, but this hasn't been their best so far. Still good, but not brilliant.

And they missed the perfect chance for a Tail Laser joke.

Lex

Administrator
I agree actually. Elmyra was the funniest thing in this series so far.

"and I'm an oak tree"

I laughed hard.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Aerith is actually priceless in this series, episode 4 really is the best so far. Glad this series is on par with TeamFourStar's other work because it's hilarious.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Although described as feline. I see him as dog like because of his loyalty and the fact that he doesn't try to claw your face off because it's Tuesday like cat's do. As you may have guessed.. I'm a dog person.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Is it me or was this one not as funny. I've been crying laughing at the previous 8 but this one was meh. Didn't get the head joke and the poking holes either. Mustn't be in the right frame of mind tonight.

Last edited:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Cats are a lot nicer than you make them out to be. Just because dogs are known for loyalty and are naturally social doesn't mean cats don't care just as much. On top of that, Nanaki's feline traits reminiscent of lions, who live in groups. Regarding cats that way because they're more solitary animals is like assuming introverts care less than extroverts because they keep to themselves more. Besides, Nanaki's species has to be sociable enough to deal with other species regardless of the natural behaviour of the animals that inspired them simply by the fact that they coexist alongside humans in Cosmo Canyon without issue.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Why do people think Red is more doglike? Maybe because cats don't HOWL.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh please, Lex.

Ignoring ridiculous pet assertions, he's clearly a cat.
RedXIII-FFVIIArt.png

The high shoulders. The longer, more articulate tail. The mane. He would appear to have retractable claws. The fact that he was designed in cat-obsessed Japan.

He's a cat.

Santa Christ said:
Why do people think Red is more doglike? Maybe because cats don't HOWL.

Clearly you've never lived with a cat.
That said I will grant that is a doglike quality of his. But he doesn't LOOK like one.

Lex

Administrator
He looks feline, but he doesn't look like a cat. His hind legs specifically are more canine than feline.

If we're talking about what animal he looks like the most, I would say a cheetah, which is a feline. If you're comparing him between dogs and cats of the house grown variety, he absolutely looks more like a dog.

For the record my comment about dogs vs. cats has nothing to do with how I view Red XIII, I had no idea this was a point of contention XD. I just think dogs are better because they cry when you die instead of start eating you.

Top Bottom