• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections

I've been doing a major rewrite of my Final Fantasy VII novelization, and now it's finally ready to start posting. It's based on the original game, but it has elements of the remake mixed in along with a lot of new content to create a new interpretation of the classic journey. Like the first version of my story, it's told in first person by Cloud and his friends in their own words.

I hope you enjoy it, and any feedback/CC/etc. is always welcome. Thanks!

BOOK ONE: ARRIVAL
FOREWORD - FFN / AO3
ONE - PDF / FFN / AO3
TWO - PDF / FFN / AO3
THREE - PDF / FFN / AO3
FOUR - PDF / FFN / AO3
FIVE - PDF / FFN / AO3
SIX - FFN / AO3
SEVEN - FFN / AO3
EIGHT - FFN / AO3
NINE - FFN / AO3
TEN - FFN / AO3
ELEVEN - FFN / AO3
TWELVE - FFN / AO3
THIRTEEN - FFN / AO3
FOURTEEN - FFN / AO3
FIFTEEN - FFN / AO3
SIXTEEN - FFN / AO3
SEVENTEEN - FFN / AO3
EIGHTEEN - FFN / AO3
NINETEEN - FFN / AO3
TWENTY - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-ONE - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-TWO - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-THREE - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-FOUR - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-FIVE - FFN / AO3
TWENTY-SIX - FFN / AO3
NEW!! TWENTY-SEVEN - FFN / AO3

Legal silliness: I don't own FFVII or any of its characters, places, etc. That all belongs to SE. I'm not affiliated with them, and this is an unofficial fan work created solely on my own. And no chocobos were harmed in the writing of this fic.

Last edited:

Jairus

Got Chapter 8 up now! Full credit to Vyzz for the bit with Aerith and the sign, as it was originally his idea, but I liked it so much I decided to include it. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Jairus

In addition to posting Chapter 11, I've also gone and redone all the PDF's to make them more readable and in a more novel-style format (A5 page size, different font, etc.), so I've made minor revisions in each chapter to account for the change in formatting. They should be much easier to use now, and more printer-friendly, too. I hope guys like them as well as the new chapter! Feel free to post your thoughts! Thanks!

Jairus

Chapter 12 is up now! The second half of Cloud's adventures in Corneo's mansion, plus more! Also, I forgot to mention it last time, but if any fan artists are reading this story, would you be interested in making a rendition of Wall Market Jessie? Cloud wondered in the last chapter what she'd look like in an outfit like what Tifa and Aerith had, and it might be interesting to see what people come up with. I even know what her threat to Corneo would have been, had she been there:

Tifa: Talk! If you don't...
Jessie: I'll blow it up.

Of course, if she had been there, then Cloud might not have had to go undercover as a girl and that section wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. But, Cloud being Cloud, he might still have done it since he seems to be very protective of the girls around him. Oh, well. And by the way, see if you can spot the FFXIII reference in this chapter!

Jairus

Just posted Chapter 13, so be sure to check it out! I'm not superstitious or anything, but I find it funny the events in here just happened to end up in Chapter 13 of all the numbers it could have been. It was not at all intentional, but it's kind of amusing that it turned out that way. Talk about bad luck for VII's crew. Unlucky number for an unlucky part of the story, lol.

Jairus

Chapter 14 is up! The second half of the Sector 7 plate collapse and the fight with Reno as well as a few surprises, so don't miss it!

Jairus

Finally posted Chapter 15! Sorry for the longer wait, been busy with work lately (end of the month is busier for me than the first half, just the nature of my job). I hope you'll agree it was worth it, though, once you read the chapter. The aftermath of the plate collapse, with a new scene toward the end before the trio embarks on their rescue mission (which will begin properly in Chapter 16). Enjoy!

Jairus

Chapter 16 is up now! The quest to save Aerith begins, and so does the path toward the end of Book One, which is only a few chapters away now. I hope you guys like it!

Jairus

Just posted Chapter 17! The infiltration of Shinra HQ continues, with battles, puzzles, unexpected help, and more! Check it out!

Jairus

Thanks, Sailor, and I will! :)

Didn't know you were on here, but it's good to see you! I remember you from AO3, yeah. I hope you like what you've read since we last chatted! :)

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
Thanks, Sailor, and I will! :)

Didn't know you were on here, but it's good to see you! I remember you from AO3, yeah. I hope you like what you've read since we last chatted! :)

I finally made an account after E3, and I post at random due to my Remake hype. It's definitely cool to have a forum to go to and get hyped about the excitement:P (There's a Discord I gush over Remake with some friends, but it's just not the same as me being an old fangirl that prefers forums.)

I definitely have enjoyed things so far! Hope to continue the rest soon and leave you some feedback (gotta love backlogs, hah).

Jairus

Glad to hear it! Yeah, I like having a forum home again, too. Used to be FF:WA way back in the day many, many years ago before it became a ghost town. Went by a different name back then. Anyway, I should have another chapter up soon, TGS FF7R hype helps me stay on top of it, hehe.

Jairus

Chapter 18 is up! Venturing into Shinra's Science Division, discovering Jenova, battling SOLDIER, rescuing Aerith, finding a new friend, and a lot more! I hope you all like it!

Jairus

Got Chapter 19 up now! I actually wrote this chapter before the TGS trailer for the FFVII Remake came out, and when it did and I saw a certain shot, I was surprised and excited to say the least. It looked like it had come right out of a certain part of this chapter - you'll know it when you read it. I know the scene in the trailer where the shot came from has different things going on than in my chapter and it's not really the same, it's just the look of it that so stunned me, like it was a piece of my story that had just come to life. I know it wasn't, it was just a nice, fun coincidence is all. But it still amazed me nonetheless. I was like "WHAAAA!!???" Anyway, here's the shot I'm talking about:

cjBike.jpg

Jairus

Chapter 20 is up! Lots of action in this one, what with the battles against Rufus, Dark Nation, Hundred Gunner, and Heli Gunner. I hope you all like it!

Top Bottom