Final Fantasy VII quizzes

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Who doesn't enjoy a good quiz? From a user's perspective, they're a short way to kill a bit of time while having fun and testing your knowledge. From a website's perspective (that's us!), they're an easy way to increase audience interaction and get people talking about their results on social media.

Having seen quizzes work successfully on other niche websites (this one, for example, though their quizzes seem to be temporarily broken), I thought it'd be a good thing for us to try. At the very least, it'll fill the gaps between actual news, which can arrive somewhat sporadically.

I just published the first one, which you can find here: How well do you know the enemies of Final Fantasy VII? Give it a try and let us know how you get on!

I'm calling it a trial because I want to gather as much feedback about the concept as possible. Perhaps you think it's a terrible idea, that we're too serious a website to be running quizzes, for example. That's a valid concern and I'd like to hear your thoughts. All opinions are welcome and encouraged. :)

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
5/10 Correct answers!
Pretty good - you're a Mover and a Shake-r! A little more time with Final Fantasy VII and you'll be a real expert! Why not come brush up on your knowledge on our forum? It's bursting with Final Fantasy VII information!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Welp. I got 9/10 right.
I can remember the strangest things. :wacky:

(Tried to upload a screenshot but it's having issues :closedmonster:)

I am ashamed of my 8/10. Though with the ones I got wrong there was a 50/50 chance of getting it right. A few years back I would definitely have gotten 10/10.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
8/10 Correct answers!
Very good - you obviously used your Brain Pod! A little more time with Final Fantasy VII and you'll be a real expert! Why not come brush up on your knowledge on our forum? It's full of Final Fantasy VII fans like you!

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
7/10 - two of the enemies I have never actually come across in any of my playthroughs,
Guard System and Killbin
. The other was a tricky little bugger as the only difference was its colour. So thanks for teaching me that there are still enemies I have not seen in the game!

Btw, I like little lighthearted things such as quizzes. Reminds me of my youth when you'd get those polls at the side of sites and how it made me feel a part of the community even when I remained a lurker :P what I'm saying is that anything that can get people talking is always good in my books.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
8/10 Wow I surprised myself. But if it hadn't been multiple choice I would have been fucked. :monster:

Good quiz Flint!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Just to give you some idea of the popularity of these things, the quiz has been taken 200 times in 12 hours. :O And as you can see, the results screens all contain a gentle nudge towards this forum – let's see if anyone is tempted to sign up. :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm calling it a trial because I want to gather as much feedback about the concept as possible. Perhaps you think it's a terrible idea, that we're too serious a website to be running quizzes, for example. That's a valid concern and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

n7oc.png

Are these two things in any way related or am I just imagining it?

Lex

Administrator
Good idea, I enjoyed it at work today and it's seeing a good level of engagement from people.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I got a measly 4/10 but to be fair I got attacks mixed up with enemy names like a dickhead. :awesome: Ghirofelgo actually was the stuff of a nightmare I once had in my teens, it was creepy enough for me to remember it.
It was good fun, when's the next one? :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Probably not for a while. Maybe next month. I'd still like to hear what the rest of our senior staff think about it.

The quiz has now been taken over one thousand times. I'm a little worried we'll hit the 10k impression limit on it. Might need to find an alternative plugin because I'm not paying $20 a month for the premium version which doesn't even include all the features (there are also "small business" and "enterprise" versions).

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
That was surprisingly hard towards the end. I got 8/10, and actually had to give some hard thought. I like these.

*Thor smashes the quiz*
ANOTHER!

Top Bottom