FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Considering how the second part is called Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, I think this just made my own theory of the first part proven true.

The reason why the first part was simply called Remake(besides remaking the whole original game) is because of what we've seen including the new parts is also remaking history and splitting it up which is pretty obvious at this point of time. Like how we've seen Zack alive in the separate timeline.

So I'm thinking that Rebirth could indicate the return of Sephiroth at the end of the second part.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's not what I'm getting out of the last two sentences in the paragraph.

I'm still thinking we'll get the same main story points, but those sentences do give me a little pause.

I'd go into it with the expectation of just how the trailer presented itself.

Rebirth definitely seems to be sticking to the core main story points and how the characters are pursuing Sephiroth to stop him from seizing the Planet.

But there is real change here. The fact Cloud's flawed memory doesn't omit Zack but carries him within itself is pretty shocking. Like, that was a jawdropping moment for me. Tifa having a bit more edge in pointing out his flawed recollection is another. I'd even argue that this all makes Cloud's emulation of Zack more literal and is a result of the fact that Zack isn't quite dead. For all we know it could be a new form of compensation thanks to the Jenova cells and what happened within the Singularity.

Ultimately, it's a new exploration and depiction of Cloud's identity crisis. Zack is no longer nonexistent. He's something else, especially within Cloud's mind. The fact Cloud remembered his capture and confinement in Part 1 was actually hinting at this but it never quite hit me how much such a change could lead to this.

It's shocking but exciting at the same time. I expect that kind of recontextualization to exist within the whole game. Especially with it's questioning of what is fact, and what is fiction. That's pretty deep right there.

argent_angel

Pro Adventurer
Well it certainly has been awhile since I've last visited these forums and couldn't think of a better time to come back. The reveal of the the 2nd installment to FF7R was a huge surprise today. Rebirth is going to be on the minds of a lot of people until next winter. I can't wait until they release more information on it but this alone is enough to keep the hype up for awhile.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
A wild guess: in Part 3 we'll be fighting Omega, so it will be called "Redemption" :awesome::awesome::awesome:

I'm seriously underslept too (high five, Rishi) and I'm still processing what I saw last night and rewatched a bunch of times this morning. Insanity. I can't wait! Like someone said on Discord, I just love these characters so much, too, that I care less about the story and more about just spending time with them on screen.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
How long was the stream in the end? It was surely over the ten minutes they originally stated. I was starting to think they’d fully trolled us…!

Never had the chance to play CC but have watched much of it on YouTube, so that element is pretty exciting. The clip of Rebirth is so brief, so cryptic, but gives us a million things to talk about.

Three big things releasing in roughly six month blocks. CC in winter ‘22, XVI in summer ‘23 and Rebirth in winter ‘23.

We are going to be FEASTING. When’s the next trailer?!

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
If I recall correctly, some or a lot of people speculated that the Remake parts would be called: "Remake, Rebirth and Reunion" (though, the last two might've been the other way around) so it's kind of funny that Part 2 is Rebirth and CC got the Reunion.

"What we've done -- that's set in stone. The past is forever."

Well, that doesn't exactly sound like they retroactively changed the past?

"Wait, what're you implying? That I died? That I'm some kind of imposter?"

Dubious localisation aside(?), a reference to Sephiroth gaslighting Tifa that Cloud died and the Cloud they've been travelling with is fake?

I also just realised that the shoulder pads don't have those bolt-things that Cloud had in Remake Part 1 (edit: oh wait, they're in the Nibelheim flashback too?); makes me wonder where on earth he got them, lol.

Reactions: LNK

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat
If I recall correctly, some or a lot of people speculated that the Remake parts would be called: "Remake, Rebirth and Reunion" (though, the last two might've been the other way around) so it's kind of funny that Part 2 is Rebirth and CC got the Reunion.

"What we've done -- that's set in stone. The past is forever."

Well, that doesn't exactly sound like they retroactively changed the past?

"Wait, what're you implying? That I died? That I'm some kind of imposter?"

Dubious localisation aside(?), a reference to Sephiroth gaslighting Tifa that Cloud died and the Cloud they've been travelling with is fake?

I also just realised that the shoulder pads don't have those bolt-things that Cloud had in Remake Part 1 (edit: oh wait, they're in the Nibelheim flashback too?); makes me wonder where on earth he got them, lol.
I think the bolts are showing us Clouds incorrect memories about the event.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
How long was the stream in the end? It was surely over the ten minutes they originally stated. I was starting to think they’d fully trolled us…!

Never had the chance to play CC but have watched much of it on YouTube, so that element is pretty exciting. The clip of Rebirth is so brief, so cryptic, but gives us a million things to talk about.

Three big things releasing in roughly six month blocks. CC in winter ‘22, XVI in summer ‘23 and Rebirth in winter ‘23.

We are going to be FEASTING. When’s the next trailer?!

seriously the worst name they could go with part 3 is FFVII: Revolutions... I just thought about FFVII: Resurrection, makes sense because Aeris will definitely survive on this (but title would be too much on the face about their intentions and similar to Rebirth).

Last edited:

waw

Pro Adventurer
So, I haven't seen this theory anywhere and I'll just drop the idea here. My third time watching the announcement, something struck me as odd. We know that Tifa is wondering if Cloud thinks she is real. And if we go back and look at the unusued story concepts for FF7, Cloud was a Hojo-created construct with memories of Cloud, who was dead. Something that kinda got reused in a way for Tidus, and the whole "I'm not real" thing was used for Zidane. But I feel with Remake, they returned to some unusued concepts. Chewing on that, there's the big conundrum we've all struggled with at the end of Remake:

How are their two Clouds?

Many of us keep assuming that the end of Remake means there has to be a change in time to let Zack live and we have a second Cloud. What if we're misunderstanding it? What if the end of Remake is the timeline of Remake from the beginning? Zack lived, Zack always lived in this one because of the Whispers defeat. Cloud is still Mako Poisoned and Zack gets delayed getting into Midgar untili after the party has left/towards the end of it all.

What if our Cloud is this construct, amalgation, fabricated entity that isn't real at all.

The above 100% won't be true, but I couldn't help thinking about it how that would resolve a few things and be a bit wild.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Am I the only one worried they may have changed/cut some stuff? Because ALL of FF7 in only 3 parts(with modern technology)... Is that even possible? Or did they realize that 4 parts wouldn't be financially viable(even if necessary), and were forced to cut off content?

I've been mulling over this myself. From my perspective, a lot of the 4 parts thing has been considering how long it would take to recreate the world and that content will be heavily expanded like Midgar was. I don't know.

Reactions: Wol

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No idea.

Things might just not be blown up to a fraction of the degree Midgar was. Or maybe they nix an overworld and just go for linear zones with implied-long travel distance? Or maybe the fact that the assets and systems are already built mean they've just been dumping time into areas since April 2020 and it's as amazing as we can imagine? They at least get a two-for-one deal with Nibelheim and Mt. Nibel. (The town itself seems to have been at least partially modeled for part 1 flashbacks.)

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
I'm a little curious about the 2nd paragraph
View attachment 12566

It means nothing's carrying over from Part 1 :monster:

Neah.

In multipart series and sequels, they're often created so that people unfamiliar can jump in without having to go through everything before it. But those who have experienced everything before will have a greater understanding of whats going on.

This is often publisher mandated, or pressed, in the film and novel publishing industry. So, I'd treat it like that.

Whats more important is the new journey talk.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

giphy.gif

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I've been calling this the Kingdom Hearts of FF, not an exaggeration.

"What is Fact or Fanfiction"?

I hope the quality of the story doesn't get diluted, because the first taste we had on the final chapter didn't feel good at all and right now there are so many variables and elements (some artificial) that I fear it will be harder to connect with the plot and characters.

Top Bottom