• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
LOL that thread is one hell of a rabbit hole. There has to be some shitty NTR anime out there with this exact plot.

Yeah I’m putting ¥10 on new VA.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but I had a thought. Doesn't the existence of the Whispers kind of implicitly rule out the existence of multiverse? Because the Whispers were trying to keep the timeline intact, right? If there's a multiverse, what would they care about the timeline since it's going to be intact in one of them? Or vice versa, why would there be a multiverse if they're all the same?

Unless of course the multiverse was spawned when they were defeated?
Bit of a late reply but this seems more likely to me. Similar to BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift.

That series begins with one single timeline which continually loops. There are minor variations due to the laws of probability, but it always ends when an incident causes the timeline to reset. Then, eventually, the minor variations compound enough that the climax changes and the timeline reset is avoided. This causes the manmade system that maintains the timeline to enter a "Continuum Shift," creating countless parallel timelines and analyzing all the possibilities until the most ideal timeline can be determined. It then whittles away the "false" timelines, leaving only one "true" timeline again.

Reactions: Wol

Golden Ear

Pro Adventurer
AKA
M. Prod
Apologies if this has been posted already but the March 23rd Future Games Show Spring Showcase is gonna be hosted by Cody Christian and Brianna White... think we'll get anything new? Rebirth is already less than a year away
IMO I don't think it will be showing at this event and I think Sony will want to show it off in the rumoured Showcase that is happening before E3.
E3 is June 13th - 16, Microsoft is having their event June 11. My bet is the Showcase is around June 8th.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, I imagine marketing for Rebirth will start to pick about a month or two after FFXVI has been released (and much as people are hoping for a December release, I think January-February of 2024 are going to be the more likely release months).

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Geee, this FF7R news drought is getting ridiculous! I can't help but laugh when I think about it. We're looking down the barrel at 11 months since Rebirth was announced with no new news since.

If it was just those 11 months, the situation wouldn't be so bad. It's the additional 2 years since Remake's bombshell ending on top of that which makes it so painful.

Right now the story is at its most mysterious. We're not even halfway through. As such, the curveballs feel especially curvey. With Rebirth, no matter what it throws at us, at least we'll have 66% of the plot by the end. The journey will have taken shape.

And even then, it's not just the ending. It's also how Rebirth's structure, specifically how it'll deliver the vast world, has yet to be revealed. And this aspect extends to Part 3. Once we have a glimpse of it, we'll finally be able to grasp the scope and scale of the entire project.

And it's all so close! Well, it feels that way. Just a few weeks away, or maybe a few months, but definitely the closest it's ever been. For me personally, it's going to be such a cathartic release once the ball gets rolling.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Well, Remake gave us the first real trailer on May 9th before it came out. So we could get one here real quick. Final Fantasy XVI's upcoming release definitely mixes things up there with another variable, but maybe not. So perhaps it's fine to start getting re-hyped.

As far as the story goes, we have to be ready for the possibility of wild deviations. As such, it is entirely possible Rebirth flies through most of what we consider to be the core game of Final Fantasy VII. They could very well march right up to Sephiroth in the northern crater at the end, before pulling a Chapter 18 and change everything. If that's the case, the third entry could be an entirely original experience, which would mean we would really have no clue as to the final shape of this journey.

Look, this middle section of the narrative. The Hunt for Sephiroth. It's my favorite part of the original game. So I am wildly excited. But I am equally concerned. Not really at the thought that they might change things. I think this part of the story is actually the most conducive to changes, alterations, additions, and even crazy deviations. It's that the blueprint isn't really there. Remake had these little spots (going up top with Jessie & co., Yuffie getting her own adventure in Midgar, etc.) that actually felt rather organic. There was room for expansion and improvement in Midgar. But there is maybe too MUCH of a sandbox in this next part. And, well, what if they mess it all up?

I dunno. I'm excited. I'm nervous. But I'm still as hyped as ever.

hui43210

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Topper3000
No news was to be expected though. Rebirth was always going to take a backseat until FFXVI was out, with CC filling in the gap. Not sure why anyone should be surprised by this.

And for that matter, FFXVI didn't really kick start marketing until February, news on Rebirth should come this summer/fall with the winter release.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Well, I think the reasoning is they've done a fair bit of cross contamination in their marketing in the past. Though you're right. They seem much more focused and on-message these days. Still expecting something by summer though.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Seems like a short time to have a proper marketing campaign if they're really releasing this winter. Of course, it could be argued Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII-related materials market themselves and thus don't really need a proper marketing campaign, but that seems... unheard of.

Top Bottom