Final Fantasy VII: Reflections - A Lifestream Side Story

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections

Final Fantasy VII: Reflections is my prequel story that explores Jessie's background, where she came from, her troubled past, and how and why she eventually joined Avalanche. It's in the same continuity as my novelization of the game, Final Fantasy VII: LIfestream. In fact, later in Reflections, many of Lifestream's early scenes from Book 1 (which is currently undergoing a major revision) are retold from Jessie's point of view to give her perspective on the events going on around her. I originally laid out a basic overview of her story in Lifestream, but I didn't have any idea then just how far or deep it would go, and I've been expanding it ever since. As with Lifestream, you'll find elements of both the Compilation and the remake mixed together with my own additions to create my own interpretation of her journey. I hope you enjoy it and come to appreciate and like Jessie a bit more through this story of hers.

FOREWORD - FFN / AO3
ONE - FFN / AO3
TWO - FFN / AO3
THREE - FFN / AO3
FOUR - FFN / AO3
FIVE - FFN / AO3
SIX - FFN / AO3
SEVEN - FFN / AO3
EIGHT - FFN / AO3
NINE - FFN / AO3
TEN - FFN / AO3
ELEVEN - FFN / AO3
TWELVE - FFN / AO3
THIRTEEN - FFN / AO3
FOURTEEN - FFN / AO3
FIFTEEN - FFN / AO3
SIXTEEN - FFN / AO3
SEVENTEEN - FFN / AO3
EIGHTEEN - FFN / AO3
NINETEEN - FFN / AO3
TWENTY - FFN / AO3
NEW!! TWENTY-ONE - FFN / AO3

Last edited:

Jairus

Chapter Four - Jessie gets more than she bargained for in the Weapons Development Division and has a horrifying realization after seeing a devastating news report.

Jairus

Chapter Five! Another terrible incident upends Jessie's world and takes a heavy toll on someone close to her.

Jairus

Just realized today that I posted the wrong Chapter 5 on FF.NET - I had the one for Lifestream up there by mistake. It's all fixed now, though, so if you want, go and check out the real Chapter 5. :mon:

Jairus

Chapter 6 - Jessie says goodbye to a good friend, continues her investigations, and makes some disturbing discoveries.

Jairus

Chapter 7 is up! No summary here, you'll just have to read it for yourself and find out. Suffice it to say, a lot happens to Jessie here. It's a major turning point for her, and the beginning of her road out of Shinra.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You care if I use this and make it into a hardback book, when you're all done?

Jairus

Sure, that's fine! I know Ody was looking into something like that too, maybe you guys could work together on it. :) I have a printable version of the cover I can send you when it comes time for that.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
That would be a cool idea, but I already have an idea of how I'd make the book:) I would definitely take the cover you have though! There's a method of painting on the page edges, that I would incorporate your cover into:)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Waiting on you lol jk. It'll definitely take a while. I don't have the space like I want to have a work space to do it

Jairus

Chapter 8 has finally arrived! Jessie discovers the ugly truth about Corel and Reactor 3 and has a nasty confrontation with Scarlet before making a fateful decision.

Windkaze

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Windkaze
hi! i think its a really good idea tell the Jessie's history. I will translate it to Spanish, like others fanfics with high quality.
Only one question, are you thinking in redoing a little de history now that with FF7 remake we have more info about Jessie? For example, not her mother dead but her fathers sick, and her job like actress in Midgar and Gold Saucer.
Thank you!

Jairus

I'm using some elements of the remake's lore - she does spend time as an actress after leaving Shinra, for example, though in Midgar rather than the Gold Saucer, and she'll eventually come to use her official surname of Rasberry by the time she reaches the slums - but it's more a hybrid of the OG with remake elements combined with my own additions and expansions to create a new interpretation of the story. And thanks for being willing to translate it, I never thought of that before. I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Chapter 9 is up! Jessie discovers the horrible truth behind her mom's death, leaves Shinra for good, and begins a difficult transition into a new stage of her life.

Jairus

Chapter 10 - A certain flamboyant nightclub owner gives Jessie a glamorous makeover and teaches her to embrace her new life on stage.

Jairus

Chapter 11 - Several months after settling into her new life as an actress, Jessie gets a chance to land the role of a lifetime. What is it, and will she get it? Read and find out!

Jairus

A bunch of new chapters are up, so feel free to read them if you're interested.

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

A lot. At least another ten or fifteen. Well, it could be more than that since there's still a lot of time and events left to cover between Jessie arriving in the slums and the pillar battle. So I may end up splitting it into two books, but even then I still have another ten or so chapters to write in the first one before it's done.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
A lot. At least another ten or fifteen. Well, it could be more than that since there's still a lot of time and events left to cover between Jessie arriving in the slums and the pillar battle. So I may end up splitting it into two books, but even then I still have another ten or so chapters to write in the first one before it's done.
Damn, OK haha. I look forward to reading it when you're finished:)

Jairus

Chapter 18: Jessie saves Maddy from the hell house and destroys it, and after recovering from her injuries, she carefully creates her iconic outfit.

Jairus

Chapter 19: After Aerith has an unexpected visitor, Jessie realizes it's time to move on and makes the dangerous journey to Sector 7.

Top Bottom