Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

ForceStealer

Double Growth
this is like, the 4th live service game square enix have shuttered after lasting a year at most recently (not including older ones like g-bike) and i really don't know why you'd trust them with any new titles they come out with to stay up and running.

makes me leery of ever crisis (was that the name? or was that one of the many fake rumour ff7 compilation titles lol), the one that's meant to cover basically every old ff7 release. will they even reach the end of a single game with that, or will they end up stopping service for that within a year too.

It's extra amusing that they think they could convince people to trust them with a game based on NFTs and blockchain, given how quick they are to pull the plug with no recourse on all these other games.

I'm still mostly mad about Chocobo GP. They absolutely gutted that game for no reason but to pack it full of microtransactions and give up on it in 11 months. I was genuinely looking forward to it when it was first announced.
322355074_875664380250988_5952246489903735153_n.png

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they definitely have long running ones, record keeper had a good run, brave exvius is at 7 years and has a spin off. it seems hit and miss what survives and the ff7 name doesn’t guarantee it will last

maybe the secret is having ariana grande as a character

sorry gackt, you’re just not going to cut it any more. make way for the new “g”(rande)

MarkFeuer

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Mark Feuerborn
I have a few updates I wanted to share on the preservation front for First SOLDIER.

First, I made a full backup of the final Android version in Nox (The Android emulator). It has no player account tied to it and also has server-side files downloaded, so if a private server ever gets running for the game, this could be used to play it again. https://archive.org/details/ff7tfs-nox

There are also several people who preserved the assets from the game in different locations that I could share, but I saw you already found the preservation github repo in this thread. I think he recently updated it with the music and sound effects from the game.

Top Bottom