• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

waw

Pro Adventurer
Nothing in The First SOLDIER is in any way careening off the course of FFVII's "destiny." I guess this is probably because of how The First SOLDIER is so clearly a game without a "story," and people are really looking hard for something to try to make it tie into the overall series narrative.

It's just clear to me that there is a story... only it'll get told in Endless crisis. I'm thinking about other gatcha games like Langrisser Mobile that pulls from a whole franchise. They grok in ideas for using non Canon characters in playthroughs of old games. Fun mechanic here, just for fun, but could be a story element later. Pure speculation right now but the whisper time travel echo thing is probably the easiest way to work that out and let people play with non-union parties. I could see that being seeded here.

Or it's just a fun mechanic.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
I don't think that was ever debated. Of course they're from the Lifestream. They're spirit energy beings from the future protecting the destiny of the planet which created them.

But I don't think the events of The First SOLDIER are in anyway a threat or inconsistency to the Planet's chosen fate. The Planet isn't conjuring a Whisper Cloud Strife to beat the shit out of SOLDIER candidates because they're coming too close to changing fate or something. This is like trying to extrapolate deeper meaning from a very straightforward and fun concept meant to enrich and extend the life of a mobile game. The developers are merely taking a concept (time travel as utilized by the Whispers in FFVII-R) that conveniently allows them a tongue-in-cheek way to insert a fun event which allows you to play as Cloud temporarily. It's just for fun. A "glitch space."

Nothing in The First SOLDIER is in any way careening off the course of FFVII's "destiny." I guess this is probably because of how The First SOLDIER is so clearly a game without a "story," and people are really looking hard for something to try to make it tie into the overall series narrative. When it just simply doesn't, aside from it being based on Project 0.

Like, honestly this is just a game. Like FFVII G-Bike or Snowboarding.
While I agree that FS isn't vital or important, I truly believe anything they do in FS is going to be consistent with Remake lore and events. This means that this echo/anomaly of Whispers within the VR sim of FS means something. So I disagree.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Kinda can't blame people for waiting for Square to pull the rug out from under them and be like "Hahaha this is actually extremely plot relevant!" Given their track record elsewhere.

Are you talking about Union X?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, that'll do it. :monster:

I think the fact though that Nomura himself even said that this game has no story and is just for fun however, sets the expectations of this work clearly. He said that any "story" connected to this will be in Ever Crisis. Which will be something that connects to those 3 SOLDIER candidates in the opening, and of course a younger Sephiroth.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
How do you play cloud again
Beat him in the game and then summon him. I think that this is what the map looks like when he appears.
FFIP-vjakAEnUK8.png

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fun (and infuriating) thing about Battle Royales is that no game is ever the same. :monster:

Didn't win any, but came in 6th and 2nd though. Also got the "First Blood" achievement.

Also got the rare Elite Security Outfit off the free Facebook ticket.

I really would like to try team matches. We really gotta make this happen, I'd like to try a format where its not completely dog-eat-dog, "death comes on swift wings when you least expect it" you know? :wacky:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm just watching other people play this and the framerate seems a bit jank even on better devices?
Makes me worried for whenever emulators may work for this game because my pc isn't actually that great either :flipmonster:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm just watching other people play this and the framerate seems a bit jank even on better devices?
Makes me worried for whenever emulators may work for this game because my pc isn't actually that great either :flipmonster:
I haven't had any issues with framerate tho. If anything, I've only ever had issue with stuttering if I'm playing on an iffy wifi connection.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I got the Avalanche t shirt outfit and a "hunters flat cap" from the tickets (which 90% of the time just give you gun skins...) and am loving looking like a complete rando slum dweller who wandered onto the battlefield by accident... Will try to grab a pic when I'm next on the ipad.

I also killed Cloud! Me and someone dressed as a deepground soldier (I think?) teamed up against him, but the other player started shooting me when I went for the loot, so I let them take it and then killed them :monster:

It was a bit weird though, instead of dying they kind of collapsed and were on the floor for a bit, then they got up and I killed them again? They def didn't look like Cloud while that was happening, but maybe on their game they did?

Didn't get the mimic materia but did get comet. Can confirm that the black mist that appears around "the anomaly" is definitely made of whispers.

Came 4th in that match in the end, mostly because I panicked and didn't actually use comet when someone came for me... Still haven't managed to get higher than 4th yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom