• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I wear assless chaps for comfort rather than fashion.
*Ashley Riot has entered the chat*

fh31mntxlfuudu6nc2r9.png

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I finally got 5th place! By bravely hiding in the sewers! I got nuked when I came out and tried to find a safe zone from all the gas. Just how rare is Heartless!Cloud, cause I wanna try to get him if I can (with my nub skills), but if his spawn rate is crazy low, I think I won't stress myself out trying to hunt him down. :closedmonster:

(also, my neck hurts whenever I play 1st, so I guess I should...invest...in a proper setup for my phone. uuuuuugh.)

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Just how rare is Heartless!Cloud, cause I wanna try to get him if I can (with my nub skills), but if his spawn rate is crazy low, I think I won't stress myself out trying to hunt him down. :closedmonster:

Don't worry about trying to find him, the game notifies you when he spawns. I've had him show up 3 times over maybe 10 matches if that helps? He is a hotspot for snipey players though so you have to be ready to fight them as well as Cloud. Shooting him from a distance works OK if you have a decent gun.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Gah, I wish I had a tablet to play on. I'm impatiently waiting for Bluestacks to get their shit together so I can hopefully play it on my Surface. My phone screen is doable, but only just.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Oh yeah, downside is it's not my ipad so I won't get to play over Christmas but it's definitely the only reason I get the kills I do. You can tell because I destroy anyone who comes near me in early game, but as soon as things are whittled down to people who actually know what they're doing I get taken out easily. Keep coming between 20th and 4th with 5/6 kills.

EDIT:
CAME SECOND! Oh my god the whole experience becomes totally different in endgame. Suddenly it's all about stealth, and it looks like my controller drifts because I could not stay still. It was SO TENSE I legit had my heart pounding. I was hiding in a container but had to move when the mako did. Then the guy started shooting me and I jumped so badly I accidentally hit the button for the emote wheel and couldn't switch it off. Then I tried to hit him with a level 3 fire materia but it said I "couldn't use that here?" Then he killed me. We were both in the Avalanche outfit though :monster:

Apparently I fully yelled when he first shot me, partner described it as "worrying" :P

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Ok, here's my preferred setup at the moment:
WIN_20211201_15_39_59_Pro.jpg

This way I can scoot my computer chair riiiiight up to the screen and have the phone sitting directly in front of my face. I may play on a tiny screen, but I maximize the shit out of those pixels.

EDIT: I just got my 2nd win right after taking this :neo:

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Damn, I just can't seem to get another 1st place :monster:

I can kill just fine. Make it into top 4. Made it 2nd place 3 times in a row.

But damn, it's so hard to be the last SOLDIER standing... Fuck, it's so chaotic.

I'm gonna start making a murderbird to help me survive. I'm thinking it's best to focus on Attack and HP, right? You want the chocobo to basically OHKO an enemy with a kick, so you want that attack stat high. At least that's what I've been seeing. Anyone know for sure if that works?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm gonna start making a murderbird to help me survive. I'm thinking it's best to focus on Attack and HP, right? You want the chocobo to basically OHKO an enemy with a kick, so you want that attack stat high. At least that's what I've been seeing. Anyone know for sure if that works?
Bruh, Chocobos are legit for taking people down. Most damage goes to the bird, not you. Plus it's so easy to hop all over the place, making it difficult for them to get a bead on you at close range. Also, even at lower levels, those kicks fucking hurt. I highly recommend getting used to doing a jump-kick. It's easier to land (don't have to stop moving if you miss), and it keeps you a moving target throughout. One of my favorite ways to harass people.

But I wouldn't focus only on attack and HP. Stamina is really important, because you blow through that shit quick when you're Warking a bitch into the dirt. If you haven't, I'd highly recommend watching that video @Thenir posted, it really illustrates how best to level stats on these beasties.

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Played a few rounds today and learned a few things.

Learned your own material will kill you. I tried to cast fire through a doorway and missed. Blew myself up. Also poisoned myself with bio.

Also learned that they show the next training zone on the map as a tinted zone which is nice if your trying to get in a good position to snipe.

Killed my first tonberry today. He got me with his first strike but I was able to recover with a few cures. The trick is to shoot him untill he dissapears and double jump(ninja) as soon as he does. Then repeat. It was way easier than I anticipated.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Had some great games with @Leafonthebreeze and @Erotic Materia today. And it really is wild how much more hectic team matches are versus singles. Like, holy shit...

I'm also deadass useless unless I have a sword in my hand :wacky: I'm like, overly specialized as Warrior, and can't really play anything else competently lol.... I need to fix that but not before I unlock the badass weapon and armor for it, kay? I need it.

Did some singles after everyone left to try to practice diving head first into chaos rather than avoid it like I usually do, since you know... Teams. Because chaos is everywhere in team play and you can't really take it slow and careful like singles.

Screenshot_20211210-213222.png

Managed to get my second win.

One cool thing I managed to pick up was a Bomb Launcher after killing a Bomb! However, I didn't actually use it. All kills were either melee or my chocobo.

It's extremely hard aiming materia or guns in this game, even with controller support. Nevermind the awkwardness of the PS5 button mapping being all fucked up, it's still just difficult for me. I can only use 1 materia from the controller thanks to the buttons not allowing me to shift materia. That's a pain. The best materia for me I've noticed is Blizzard; it doesn't need aiming and it puts great pressure on someone so I can then begin slashing them to death. Really don't know how to effectively get good shots with guns or materia like Fire or Bio.

The final round was great because it actually took place indoors. I just went upstairs in this building near the Sector 5 slums, and waited. One after another someone just entered up the stairs and I just carefully and quickly staggered and killed them. The final player was another warrior and I let out a Blizzaga, and then just slashed at them while they slashed at me. Fortunately for me, they got staggered first and it was over. :monster:

One day I'll get 10 kills in a match and get that Reaper achievement. Really hope devs fix PS5 controller support so I'm not left playing with a damn handicap.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Congrats on the win Mako... but with those glasses we can't see your eyes.

If I take off the glasses then I deadass look like Terra-Xehanort and I don't want Riku or Sora harassing me.

lol but really I had a great time playing with you and leaf, I'm looking forward to the next one!

LOL well we can't all just instantly murderize everyone that comes in our path. I don't know why I haven't been able to hit the magic number yet, but one day I will :monster:

Definitely had lots of fun too! Hope to play with you all again soon!

Meanwhile, I decided to play a little more since I couldn't sleep and... I noticed something strange happen.

It was night in Midgar.

I have never played a game where it wasn't daytime. I always wondered why they had the clock read 11:00AM every time a match started because it never changed. It seemed so superfluous. No matter what time of day I played it was always daytime.

Except tonight. I fought and won a match at night.

Screenshot_20211211-050337.png

Yeeeeeah, I was doing the warrior victory pose and it snapshotted the most awkward part of it here. But as you can see, it's night.

Screenshot_20211211-050414.png

Only 4 kills this time but they were all toughies. What's always cool is when you find some super rare swag on a player you beat and take it for your own, like a Cat's Bell and an X-Potion :monster:

The final player and I just...danced around a huge ass rock near the Sector 5 slums, spamming Blizarra and gunfire as we dodged the ever creeping mako wall, until I eventually landed enough hits to stagger him. Then I chopped them with Braver. It was pretty frantic because we both didn't want to die, but we also wanted to kill each other :wacky:

Kinda hilarious and ironic that fighting in Midgar at night is so rare given... This is fucking Midgar.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Yess had a great time last night, grabbed some screenshots of the dream team.

received_2709304102708806.jpeg

Also they've made the main screen look like you're hanging at 7th Heaven at Christmas, complete with solo cups for your teammates

received_336033871281896.jpeg

Top Bottom