Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
I'm also deadass useless unless I have a sword in my hand :wacky: I'm like, overly specialized as Warrior, and can't really play anything else competently lol....
The best materia for me I've noticed is Blizzard; it doesn't need aiming and it puts great pressure on someone so I can then begin slashing them to death. Really don't know how to effectively get good shots with guns or materia like Fire or Bio.
SAME. All I need is a sword and blizzard materia (sometimes I switch to ninja, but warrior is just perfect).
Melee attacks are really succesful, I've noticed that most of the players try to use guns even at short distance and you can easily hit them while they take aim. I'm actually using guns only against monsters like bombs and drakes.
Materias are killing me. Like, literally, I've killed myself twice trying to cast fire. I find blind uselss since you can still see the position of the enemy thanks to the footprint mark and bio doesn't really harm the enemy unless their HP bar is already very low.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
>That feeling when you think you've killed the final player in a match because you did the Braver finisher while they were staggered, but you missed your attack and then wander off wondering why the fuck the match is still going and then you see that final player still crawling away to safety and you just have to fucking end them super awkwardly.

WOW. That was a fucking weird match. :awesomonster:

This is what is so fun about this game, it's so fucking random. Sometimes shit is just so damn stupid but hilariously fun.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Screenshot_20211213-055628.png

I am no longer a n00b at this game! At least not as much as before, lol :monster:

The last few games have been crack as hell. For example, today I learned that you and your chocobo can easily be killed by a speeding motorcycle driving straight into you. Yeah, that actually happened. I mean, it makes sense when you think about it, but it was still surprising to see me and my bird just fucking die after being struck head on by a speeding motorcyclist. They just drove full throttle into me, and didn't suffer any damage. I busted out laughing.

Another game I had was especially wild. For one, I only killed 2 people; one random weirdo at the beginning who tried to just rush me with no weapon and just their sword and then the last mofo in the final round. And that final round was sick. The showdown was in the Sector 7 slums. They were a ranger with a high powered assault rifle.

This mofo was no joke. Every time I cast Blizzaga, they kept shooting it.

I had no idea if you shoot the Blizzaga ice crystal you basically cancel out the spell. So that fucking sucked. Thanks to this, I couldn't zone them and they had me pinned near this shipping container. We basically just circled around this large pile of debris and the shipping container, exchanging gun fire. And unfortunately, they were hitting me more than I was hitting them.

After being knocked down to like 14 HP, I hid inside the shipping container and healed myself with an X-Potion. The enemy Ranger had backed off to gain some distance and I noticed that I was inside a huge ass red circle.

They fucking cast Comet. I guess they got tired of the cat-and-mouse shit so they cast Comet on the whole fucking area to finish me off. But, because they moved away, they didn't see me take cover inside the open shipping container. They thought I was behind it. I hoped that the splash damage wouldn't wreck me and sure enough... none of the meteorites hit me! Once the spell was over, they used Assess, probably wondering why the fuck I wasn't dead yet. They slowly crept around to the opening of the shipping container, and I just fucking rushed them. Like a pissed off cat lashing out from a corner. They ended up staggered and I ended it. That was one of the most thrilling final round battles I've had.

Screenshot_20211213-060810.png

This is my chocobo who led me to my 10th victory. What's hilarious is that this was the very first chocobo I got at launch, from the free chocobo egg giveway at the launch. It's stats were just perfectly aligned for me. She's basically a fucking sentinel bird. Max attack, HP, and stamina. She exists to take hits for me and kill as many candidates as possible. And with that HP, she takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin' :awesome:

In my last game, 2 of my 4 kills came from me just one-shotting candidates who dared to start mess with me while I was minding my business, raiding treasure chests. :monster: She made it to the final round and softened the 3rd kill up before getting nuked by a Firaga, and then I immediately avenged her, lol

I'm gonna get as much use out of her before the nerf on Wednesday. Nothing's scarier than hearing chocobo footsteps come closer to you and the WARK as they attempt to smash you into the ground. It's great.

...Now I need to figure out how to win a game with these special handicap accessories. Doom kills you in 12 minutes and that's just too damn quick. Oh well, just gotta keep tryin'! Really have to give the developers of this game. They made a truly fun and enjoyable game. It's got some wrinkles to iron out in terms of glitches and crashes but... There's a really good game here that stands out on it's own. Never thought I'd have this much fun with a competitive battle royale but it's a thrill.

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Ok nerds, I'm curious to see how everyone's stacking up... Also I'm a little tipsy, and feeling good, despite losing to some asshole I swear was able to spam the rush ability with no cooldown period.

LEMME SEE YOUR BATTLE RECORDS!

Screenshot_20211214-193436.png

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I thought the controversy before the release of the game was pretty silly (it doesn't really affect FFVII all that much), but this turned out to be a lot more fun than I imagined. I never played a battle royale before this one, but this shit can get pretty tense when you and someone else are the last one left! I am definitely looking forward to seeing what they add to this game. It desperately needs a PC or console version though. It will be such a better experience when it comes to either or.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Chocobos have been nerfed to the point they're not viable as weapons, even against monsters. They're so weak now, you're best bet is to just use them as easier transportation or to soften someone up and then kill them yourself. They really ended the murderbird meta.

Last game I won was weird. KO'd the final person, however it was during the movement of the mako gas and they limped straight into the gas and camped there. I thought they were staggered and were going to soon die. But, they just stayed in the gas, crouched on one knee. I'm confused as hell, staring at them in shock. Then they got out, cast Comet, I dodged it, cast Blizagga and dashed towards them to melee kill and won.

They had the Revival Ring, and thanks to the patch that prevents you from losing HP while being revived, you can now revive yourself in the mako gas, and then immediately get out before it kills you. Had I not dodged out of the Comet zone, they'd have cheesed a revival win thanks to camping in the safety of the lethal mako gas. Don't think I like that change with revival at all :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes but I don’t remember the I’d or date or none of that, I told them it was sync to my play store but said was not there ?

Hope you don't give up! That really sucks tho, I'm sorry.

From the first soldier subreddit
View attachment 11702

Yeah, seriously. The chocobo I posted earlier with max stamina, HP and attack dies after less than a round of SMG fire. Can only kick around 3 times if I don't jump, and the max damage it's done against a human is like 84 or so, I think. Yeah, you're not relying on chocobos for victory anymore :monster:

I actually used the Revival Ring for the first time and won with it. I dunno what happened but this Ranger was my final opponent, they hit me with Thundaga, I dashed out of it but still had taken damage, and then they finished me off with a machine gun. I was pissed but said "fuck it" and tried to revive myself.

And they stood there and let me.

I couldn't believe it. And then I figured it out.

They got disconnected :wacky: Their game must've crashed cause they just stood there, still as a statue.

So I crushed them like one. :awesome:

That was so cheap but I'll take it.

Now I have Doom in my next game. Really need to figure out how I'm going to win in 12 minutes or less.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
The doom thing is optional, right? What's the benefit in playing with it?

Edit: never mind, I found the info on it. It's a one-time usage thing, though... ? If you don't win during the round it's equipped, you're out 300 gil until the next time it pops up

Top Bottom