• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It definitely pays to go after chests, fight and not be afraid of battle. That's how you ensure you're leveled up and ready for the final phase. Congratulations!

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Alright folks, I will be available to play 9pm-12am AEST Tuesday (that's Tuesday morning in the US and Tuesday afternoon in the UK).

Additionally, I will be available to play 9am-12pm AEST Wednesday (that's Tuesday evening in the US and Tuesday night in the UK).

Let me know here or via DM if you're interested in partying up :joy:

I may not be online the entirety of those times, however I will be regularly checking this forum for notifications if anyone is interested. Also happy to jump on early or stay late if it works out better for someone. Just let me know!

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Screenshot_20211228-232044.png

Last night @Leafonthebreeze jumped into one match with me and we crushed it! Great fun. Our third player was a warrior and had a Buster Sword in hand and a Buster Sword strapped to their back. They were like Angeal on crack :lol:

Screenshot_20211229-121522.png

The next morning @Makoeyes987 and I gamed for 3 hours and secured four wins :headbang: Right away we were paired up with a good team player who jumped on chat with us, so that helped. By the end we had figured out a pretty great party composition!

Last edited:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
He was a beast, he added me afterwards and his profile has a symbol which means he has a top ranking from playing ranked matches.

I accidentally played a ranked match earlier and got murdered by someone who managed to get the username Weiss, so I can only assume they don't fuck around.

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Random thoughts…

:( Crash issues are too much and at the worst times.

:) This game could do some cool stuff with new seasons, new uniq boss occurrences (imagine a unknown entity Sepheroth), different materia, different area maps with different local creatures, id love it if they could make the bots on team battle show up in groups of 3 with matching turks/wuti/avalanch/solders outfits. A a Shinra library mode with tips and tricks or detailed information on niche stuff like chocobo breeding would be nice.

:salute: since when was zero the highest class

:puppy: wish the phisical attacks didnt stun opposing physical attacks in any circumstance. Except maybe for monks first few hits since there knock-back tacks too long. Also, i wish Monk had a dive kick to close the gap like the warrior class instead of the manwall, manwall and protect should just be materia anyone can pick up. Plus i wish monk had a technical fighting style switch when you hold versus when you tap the melee button sorota how ninja can dubble jump. Even with the recent update monk seems sorta useless but that could change.

:awesome: unpopular opinion maybe but i like FF7 making guns a prioritized real threat in this game. Seen alot reddit remarks about wanting it more magic focused but I just oerson feel they did a good job here with the balance making guns feel relivant and not just outclassed buy swords and magic.

:D I so wonder how much content is going to be created for this game that spills over into future remake installments and vise versa… already wonder if the is the official cait sith head look on the skin that came out

Reactions: Ite

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Screenshot_20211231-222758.png

Sorcerer is wicked fun and frightfully strong. A Firaga spell boosted with a Sorcerer's Precision Casting skill, coupled with a fully upgraded staff means you will one-shot even a fully leveled up opponent in the final circle if all 3 fireballs hit. The amount of damage you can do with 1 MP is absurd. Racking up wins with this style wasn't that hard.

Been enjoying the hell out of this game and playing with people. Teams is really fun, I'm enjoying it more and more each time. Not sure which style I'll go for next. Maybe Ninja, or Ranger.

download_20211231_234838.png

The New Year's event sorta came out of nowhere. Really didn't expect them to go and do another holiday event that changed the game home menu or anything. The new remix of the FFVII Main Theme is incredible. Hope someone can rip it so it's shared. Really love the unique tracks they've been making for this game.

Also, they continue to impress with their unique FFVII inspired designs. I almost want to get that DJ Cait Sith moogle outfit, it looks so fucking cool. But I'm torn; I actually do like to internally pretend my player character actually is a SOLDIER candidate, and it would break my personal enjoyment immersion. Then again, I'm already being hunted and killed by weirdos in Cactuar and Moogle suits, so what's one more fun and silly costume?:awesomonster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Screenshot_20220101-181619.png

Screenshot_20220101-181607.png

Managed to earn both Phantom and Pacifist in a match, after 4 tries.

It was wild. Played as a ninja, and in the final round, the circle was in a mostly level area, save for a hill that had an overhang, leaving space for someone to chill under the edge. The enemy saw me hiding at the top of the hill (I used Aero to get up there), so they also used Aero and I promptly used Hide to turn invisible and jump off to get away from them. Hid under the hill because lol there's not much you can do. They proceed to cast Comet, I guess hoping to get me without having to bother going down and face me, but Comet does not penetrate terrain, so I'm safely protected from the raining projectiles. They wait, and I wait, still just hiding.

Finally the circle moves, and I turn invisible and run. They chase after me shooting and we go down a slope with multiple inclines, pits and corners. They cast Comet again, but this time, I'm in the target radius circle but I get out just in time and go into a tiny corner edge that is right next to hazard zone. However, they chase after me. BUT THE HAZARD ZONE'S STILL MOVING and apparently they fucked up bad while chasing me, because the hazard zone just kills them. They either weren't at full health or they self-destructed somehow trying to step in the hazard zone to shoot me or something.

Mission accomplished :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My week off of work is wrapping up and I'll have less time to invest into The First Soldier from here on out. Too bad too because I've really enjoyed playing the game. I have a few thoughts about it that I'd like to share someday, especially in regards to the monetization, but from a mechanical standpoint I find the game genuinely impressive.

I'd recommend anyone with a PS4 controller who either hasn't tried it before or who maybe bounced off it earlier to give it another go. For me there was a learning curve, but once it clicked for me it clicked hard. Plus, playing with other forum members is amazing!

Looking forward to further balance improvements and new maps. There's still a few areas from Remake that could be incorporated. I'm thinking a new map could take place on the plate. That way they could use assets from Loveless Avenue, Corkscrew Tunnel, Sector 7 plateside, Mako Reactors, and the Shinra Building. Don't ask me how those areas will all blend together! This game is not worried about consistency and neither am I.

Will try to find time to play with others on the weekends. Happy New Year!

shareImagePostinosting_screenshot.png

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck yeah! I finally did it!!!

The unknown phenomenon has been resolved.

Screenshot_20220105-232909.png

Ironically, I only killed one player as Cloud; there weren't many players left so the final circle appeared and ended my fun sojourn as an "Ex-SOLDIER."

AntiCloud ended up being very easy to take out, once I first killed 3 different players who tried to get in the way and either take out Cloud or myself. I was a Warrior with the Punisher skill. I equipped the Power Wrist Guards. Had my sword fully upgraded to level 3. The strategy is to just go into Punisher and then wail on Cloud with your sword. 4 or 5 combos with your sword should stagger AntiCloud and then you finish him off with Braver. By fighting up close, you make the boss unlikely to spam you with Magic. I only got hit with Cross-Slash once, and thankfully I was at max health and leveled up. You should definitely have at least more than 170HP because if you don't, Cross-Slash will one-shot you.

Screenshot_20220105-233344.png

Screenshot_20220105-233422.png

Feels good to finally take that glitch boss out. I do hope they add other FFVII characters as glitches to fight, that'd be super cool.

Now I'll actually focus on leveling up some other styles :monster:

EDIT: I lied. There was one more achievement I wanted to get with Warrior. :wacky:

Screenshot_20220106-021245.png

Emptyhanded.

All I needed was my sword to seize victory.

I was wrong to sleep on this ability. Punisher is nuts. The final player had a Cyclops Roar but they couldn't get a hit in. I just rushed them down and killed them in one melee combo. Too good.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Season 2 preview illustration by Nomura hinting at the Dragoon Job:

Letter_sp.png

Still waiting for a PC version announcement...

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Chocobo Breeding…
FB9E2E98-1B13-4DEB-932C-DA69EC68427B.png
… ehhh, figured this is a good place to show some birds off.

- speaking of Chocobo’s, I do wish the ‘cure’ trait and the ‘soothe’ trial where continueus while riding similar to the cats tail pendant. They are pretty usless on call only :/

- for those wondering I typically go for speed primarily and jump secondary, for the base stats, then max out the other 3 stats with food.

*edit* the picture is just a thumbnail size for me when not logged in, but apologies i dont know how to fix or enlarge that.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Letter from the Devs Vol. 3 - 01/14/2022

Talks about survey results, balance adjustments, and the upcoming "President's Cup". Some interesting bits:

1642480606233.png

EDIT: The average "Overall Game Satisfaction" from players is 70.37/100

1/18 Balance Adjustments
The following balance changes were implemented in light of the current in-game environment.

▼Adjustments to "Fire" - Damage reduced - Adjustment made to damage area where fireballs land

[Dev note:] I have to admit that I had reservations about making an adjustment to Fire as it's the main attacking materia in FF7FS. However, considering its ease of use and low MP-to-damage ratio, I feel that it needs some adjustment. Compared to other types of materia, Fire had a more pronounced growth in power and damage area through the levels from Fire > Fira > Firaga, so we have tuned it somewhat so that the damage is more in line with where we feel the cost of use is.

This concludes volume 3 of the Letter from the Devs. We hope this first installment for 2022 was informative. FINAL FANTASY VII is celebrating its 25th anniversary very soon. Despite a quarter of a century having passed since its initial launch, the passion from our fans constantly keeps us in awe. We pledge to work hard this year to continue to make FF7FS a worthy chapter of the FF7 saga and a game that we can all love and enjoy for a long time to come. Once again, thank you for taking the time to read this and sit tight for volume 4!

...P.S. Creative director Testuya Nomura here. As mentioned above, we are working hard every day to make adjustments and updates so that we can constantly enhance the FF7FS experience. We are also currently working on a large-scale update. We will be announcing the details in a livestream, but I'd note beforehand that we are working on some of the main requests such as the ability to create rooms and a new map. Once we can share more information, we will issue an update notice. The President's Cup ranking event is what we hope to be the first in a long line of competitive events. We not only have plans for more casual events like this one going forward but also large-scale competitive events, so we hope you’ll join when the time comes. Finally, I would like to share this image I drew this morning. Until next time!

Last edited:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Oh my god I love this so much. There's also a back accessory that's just a bust of the president strapped to your back. GO GO SHIN-RA :monster:

I don't know why this tickles me SO much but it really really does. While the likelihood of my getting this skin is incredibly low, I really hope I come across someone with it in a match. I wanna see a golden president Shinra sniping someone or going at me with a sword. I need to see this ridiculousness in the wild.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Screenshot_20220126-024037.png

30 wins with all 5 styles. Season Pass level 150. Rise of Shinra achievement unlocked. Season 1 is done.

Picked up the Scientist and Enhanced Shock Trooper outfits too.

You know, the Scientist outfit paired with the gas mask kinda looks like the Deepground Scientists from DC Multiplayer mode. I like wearing that combination too :monster:

I'll give ranked a go, I'm currently SOLDIER 3rd Class in teams and a Trooper in singles. Guess I'll give that President Cup a try although I doubt I'll be hitting the records. Nevertheless this game has remained fun, really can't wait for season 2.

Top Bottom