• Due to datamining of the demo files, substantial leaks are now everywhere. As a reminder, some of these are in-development screenshots and may point to events that aren't going to be in the final game. Some of them are clearly going to be in the game. The TLS stance is this: Any thread which will contain discussion on the leaked images/ details must clearly contain [SPOILERS] within the title. Anything within those threads does not need to be spoiler tagged. Any POST anywhere on the board containing spoilers must be spoiler tagged or it will be removed and warned. Please report this where you see it. Let's try to make sure everyone can still freely post until everyone has a chance to play this game please!

Final Fantasy VIII coming to Steam?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I just came across some interesting news while looking for things to put in our weekly roundup: Final Fantasy VIII could be getting a PC re-release on Steam. Check out this Steam API page - those are achievements, and they are all tied to Final Fantasy VIII. Obel Lake, SeeD, GFs: those couldn't possibly be from any other game.

It's not exactly hard evidence of a re-release, but why else would those achievements be on the Steam API otherwise?

AKA
King of the Potato People
I was a big fan of FFVIII, I'd pay upto £9.99 for a trip down nostalgia lane. :monster:

And to play Triple Triad again :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
I have the PC version. Sections that require input are a bit of a task (Zell's limit break for example) as instead of the standard X, Square, Triangle, Circle etc it says "B1, B4, B9, B8!!!" - and that's if you've bothered to map a controller. I would hold out hope that they'll change this somehow but it'll be the same as VII's - a carbon copy of the 1999 release.

Jiro

Average Jiro
I was considering giving FF8 another whirl soon but I might hold off and see if this is worth getting. If the FF7 re-release is anything to go by, though, it's not worth it. What a lazy piece of shit. I'm hoping they get more creative with the achievements too.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Getting Lionheart on Disc 1 would be a nice achievement to throw in. I never did bother to get it quite that early. I think the earliest I ever got it was at F.H.

Lex

Administrator
That was already a thing a few years back (a fan project I believe). I'm 99.9% positive it won't happen with this re-release. I could be wrong.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Now wondering if the game's mechanics are copyrighted or patented and one could publish a card game (Quadruple Quadrant? :monster: ) with the same gameplay but different artworks. On ipad or something. Would be a fun weekend project if I actually was into weekend projects, :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There are actually a few websites out there where you can play Triple Triad with others. I used to do it a lot when I was still in high school (yeah, those sites have been around that long).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I googled the address, if you add a search time filter, google adds a date to the site; it's been up there since March 2012.

Top Bottom