Final Fantasy VIII coming to Steam?

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I was a big fan of FFVIII, I'd pay upto £9.99 for a trip down nostalgia lane. :monster:

And to play Triple Triad again :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
I have the PC version. Sections that require input are a bit of a task (Zell's limit break for example) as instead of the standard X, Square, Triangle, Circle etc it says "B1, B4, B9, B8!!!" - and that's if you've bothered to map a controller. I would hold out hope that they'll change this somehow but it'll be the same as VII's - a carbon copy of the 1999 release.

Jiro

Average Jiro
I was considering giving FF8 another whirl soon but I might hold off and see if this is worth getting. If the FF7 re-release is anything to go by, though, it's not worth it. What a lazy piece of shit. I'm hoping they get more creative with the achievements too.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Getting Lionheart on Disc 1 would be a nice achievement to throw in. I never did bother to get it quite that early. I think the earliest I ever got it was at F.H.

Lex

Administrator
It's actually not that challenging, I did it on my last playthrough. Had fun doing so too :monster:

Lex

Administrator
That was already a thing a few years back (a fan project I believe). I'm 99.9% positive it won't happen with this re-release. I could be wrong.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Now wondering if the game's mechanics are copyrighted or patented and one could publish a card game (Quadruple Quadrant? :monster: ) with the same gameplay but different artworks. On ipad or something. Would be a fun weekend project if I actually was into weekend projects, :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There are actually a few websites out there where you can play Triple Triad with others. I used to do it a lot when I was still in high school (yeah, those sites have been around that long).

Lex

Administrator
I remember one that had cards for all the monsters and characters in the series.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I googled the address, if you add a search time filter, google adds a date to the site; it's been up there since March 2012.

Top Bottom