• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VIII General Discussion

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's 100% the best version of FFVIII; it's a graphical upgrade but also includes the content from the Pocketstation that was cut. Unless you're downloading and modding the PC version and doing all the required patches, this is the definitive version.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
QOL features such as the 2x/4x speed are pretty useful for replays, especially in VIII (although I haven’t been doing the Draw-Draw-Dash much anymore, ever since I started thinking of Triple Triad as the main encounter mechanic, and thinking of battles as the minigame).
Since you can get Diablos (i.e. Enc-None) so early, that's not an unreasonable take. ?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Sooo I had a dream where I playing the Dollet mission and we were escaping from X-ATM092. We got to this screen and instead of going around, we climbed somewhere else and made a new path. On the next screen, we approach a cliff with X-ATM092 still coming and just jump off down to the bridge. I do the dodge bit on the bridge and go to the next screen with fountain and dog except apparently I was moving so fast that I proceed past that thus not saving the dog. The rest proceeds as normal with X-ATM092 being destroyed.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Well...

I managed to pull off what I long thought was impossible, and as it turns out, simply didn't have the patience for.

On this current playthrough, I managed to obtain 5 of the 6 Ultimate Weapons in Disc 1. Only Irvine's UW remains unobtainable that early, as one resource for it in particular (the Moon Stone) is literally unobtainable until Disc 3 (specifically speaking, after you obtain the Ragnarok).

OverLimit

Lv. 1 Adventurer
FFVIII is the first realistically JRPG which I played. At that time character models were near perfect and FMV were movie like.

Atmosphere is one of the best in the series with Balamb Garden being it's the most unique location.

Story, characters and soundtrack are all phenomenal.

Junction system being my favourite in the genre.

Even though not my favourite FF, FFVIII is easily a top tier JRPG.

Top Bottom