Final Fantasy VIII - Omega Weapon potion exploit

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Poor thing, it was just so confused.

Were they friends for sharing potions with it, or enemies because the blonde lady spewed acid in it's face and repeatedly subjected to massive explosions from a fake neutron star?

Omega just couldn't tell before being suicide bombed. :monster:

Phantasm

Game Over
So how does this actually work, like how does the potion trigger a skipped turn with Omega and how did you find out about it.

Is this something that would work in the original PS version as well?
It works in any version of the game but only with Omega Weapon, i tried this exploit with other bosses and normal enemies and it doesnt work. To make it work you need a character with good speed (more than 61 since Omega Weapon has that speed) and throw a potion before Omega Weapon get the turn. If im honest i dont know why this work but works, i mean i dont know if there something hidden in its AI script that make it delay Omega Weapon turn.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
It works in any version of the game but only with Omega Weapon, i tried this exploit with other bosses and normal enemies and it doesnt work. To make it work you need a character with good speed (more than 61 since Omega Weapon has that speed) and throw a potion before Omega Weapon get the turn. If im honest i dont know why this work but works, i mean i dont know if there something hidden in its AI script that make it skip Omega Weapon turn.

Its fascinating, I'm sure its been an oversight in the AI somewhere or something accidently left in when they were maybe testing the data because the AI is under a scripted pattern but I'd love to know how someone found out this works, I mean it's just so specific to fire a potion at it and that stops it attacking.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
FFVIII is *horribly* buggy and rather.... lacking... in the RNG department at times. Which means if you know what you are dong, you can get (theoretical) infinite Dark Matters at Galbania Prision by manipulating RNG and winning Triple Triad for example...

Which was part of the fun of playing it TBH. Breaking FFVIII's game balance in a bunch of ways is in the same vein.

Phantasm

Game Over
FFVIII is *horribly* buggy and rather.... lacking... in the RNG department at times. Which means if you know what you are dong, you can get (theoretical) infinite Dark Matters at Galbania Prision by manipulating RNG and winning Triple Triad for example...

Which was part of the fun of playing it TBH. Breaking FFVIII's game balance in a bunch of ways is in the same vein.
I think you mean Rosetta Stones not Dark Matters, but yeah the game has some exploits/glitches but not more than FFVII xD. Talking about RNG maniputation in FFVII u can manipulate too, for example the Final Descend, you can manipulate it in such a way that you are guaranteed to have 0 battles there. (usually you have from 3 to 7)

Offtopic: I just found a new glitch in FFVIII where you can farm optional bosses items since they will respawn always u want.

I just tested it with UFO and Tomberry King, i dont know if its possible with other optional bosses, i will have to check that.

Edit: This glitch works with Omega Weapon too LMAO.

Last edited:

Phantasm

Game Over
Do you know @Phantasm if the Reflect-Escape glitch might affect some FF8 speedrunning categories? Are you involved with any dedicated FF8 communities at the moment?
Hey Shademp :), I dont think that glitch affect any category because only works with bosses you are able to escape from battle but im not 100% sure at all because i only tested it with optional bosses. And im not involved with any community, i go solo xD I only share this stuff in my youtube channel and here in this forum, i like this community (there is no toxic ppl or atleast i didnt find any).

Phantasm

Game Over
Top Bottom