• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X Community Playthrough

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Yeah I'd very much love for the remaining chapters to be posted and whatnot, so go ahead kionae. ^_^ I may be behind in the playthrough but I'll be finishing it for sure! I love writing out posts answering questions and such. :D

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Guadosalam introduces some really awesome stuff, both in the lore and in the plot development. I suppose this is how FFX tackles the elf tropes, and the guado have a couple of cool distinctions in this regard. Allowing a half-breed to become their leader is seen as the more common choice, with racism against the other nations of Spira seeming to be the attitude held by old conservative has-beens. The fact that Seymour happens to be an insane villain will probably fuel that old fire.

And Seymour is SO OBVIOUSLY an insane villain. During Operation Mi'ihen, Sarah turned to me and asked "Are we supposed to be surprised later when this guy becomes evil?" And she's right. With all the long close-ups and creepy music cues, he might as well have moustache antlers to twirl. My equivocation here is that FF is playing with the unreliable narrator thing, but this is pretty much the only place where the game does it.

On the Moonflow we can benefit from O'aka's charity if we've been donating to him. So... have you been funding our friend O'aka?

I'm rolling in dough. My blitzball contracts number in the dozens. I have 99 Ability Spheres. This is a Final Fantasy, yo. O'aka has enough to buy his own shoopuf.

Now that Rikku is in the party, do you have any plans for special Customizations you've been looking forward to?

I would like to call out this game on sexualizing an underage girl. That's not fucking cool. If you put that shit in your game, show, book, or movie, you'd better have the goddamn stones to address it maturely. FFX throws her striptease in as pulp - as a little wink to the men in the crowd. If you must do that, DO THAT WITH ADULT WOMEN. Rikku is fifteen years old -- that's not even legal in Canada, and we're lax as hell. If Tidus has sexual thoughts about her, acting on those thoughts would be illegal in Canada, so the excuse of "he's young too" doesn't hold any water.

Gameplay-wise, she's fine I guess. I use her at the beginning of fights to steal from monsters, but even after leveling in the woods for hours she still hasn't developed any other useful skills.

The Farplane is a bit iffy in the lore - the Al Bhed state that the pyreflies just create the vision of the dead, whereas the Yevonites believe it's truly the souls. It'd be easy to dismiss this if it weren't for other events later in the game and in FFX-2. What do you think?

What are we if not visions of the dead?

Do the Thunder Plains annoy the ever-loving shit out of you or do you not mind them so much?

I dodged five lightning bolts in a row. Otherwise, I got through there as quickly as possible.

Did you go against my advice and face the butterflies? Do you enjoy that sidequest?

Tried it twice. I won't again.

Given the last cutscene we see this chapter it's time to open up the Jecht can of worms. Do you think his feelings being expressed later make up for how he treated Tidus as a kid? Do you think there is more for him to repent for?

Um, leading the witness? I think Tidus is a whiny shit who didn't appreciate his parents until he lost them.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm with you Kion, just say if you ever need a hand with anything. Would be more than willing to help out, I love this game. <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Discussion:
Did you have any trouble with the first machina boss? He can be a bit challenging if you're unprepared.
Nope, he was pretty easy. :monster:

Who did you end up riding on the snowmobile with? Apparently Lulu, Rikku, Auron and Kimahri are possible.
Lulu! I think I usually get her, if I'm not having Tidus blab about falling for Yuna, he's hitting on her instead. :awesome: Though I'd love to see the other three as well. I always forget to try and wrangle different scenes.

What are your thoughts on Seymour and his motivation, as well as the motivation of the Guado people who follow him?
Well right now, Seymour just seems like a creepy secret murderer who wants Yuna to join him as he tries to 'save Spira'. :monster: I'm trying to figure out... at this point, did he really think of having him and Yuna go to Zanarkand and defeat Sin with the Final Aeon? Was he insinuating that he'd be the Final Aeon for her?
I think Seymour is creepy as hell and twisted beyond hope, but I also think that somewhere in his mind he is trying to think of a way to save Spira? But like all warped people, the concept and execution of the desire itself just becomes something wrong. Jyscal himself admits that Seymour has been twisted for a while now, due to events as a child/how he was raised. It is fairly tragic, especially when you know that the Guado revere Seymour as a link to humans, sort of a bond between the two races. Indeed, Seymour is a good actor, because everyone speaks highly of him up to this point, except for your party members :monster: Even without the creepy music, you can tell there's something off about Seymour before this reveal. He just has this hidden smile all the time and this air about him. Secretly murdering his father probably didn't help his mind. :wacky:

As for the Guado following him still, it's a shame. They all potentially revere him so much that they'll do whatever he says without question. Well, Tromell will at least, and the guards who were there during the reveal. The rest of the race, do they really know about this stuff? Only a few where there in Macalania Temple. Seymour's been a good actor so far; I'm sure that he's telling them a good story about why they need to go after the Al Bhed, capture Yuna, etc. :monster:

I feel like I'm all over the place with this; I'm not writing all I could because there's still more to come with this and Seymour :wacky: Hopefully I'll be more coherent with this topic later on!

Did the infamous bout against (SPOILER) Anima ruin your day?
Nope :monster: Got her before the overdrive hit me.

Based on what we find out in the Al Bhed Home do you think the kidnappings were justified or were they still a violation of rights, albeit a well-intentioned one?
It's called kidnapping for a reason :monster: Having said that it was definitely well-intentioned. I can't fault the Al Bhed for wanting to make sure summoners don't have to sacrifice themselves to save everyone else, but as Issaru says, they chose that path of their own free will. If summoner's do that, then no one should try to physically stop them from completing their pilgrimage. Free will is important.
But if they just capture summoner's, Sin will keep destroying, and unchecked Sin could destroy all of Spira. If Sin destroyed the first island the Al Bhed lived on, what's to say Sin won't destroy Bikanel Island? What then, all those captured summoners would be dead anyhow. And living as a captive is no way to live at all. I know the Al Bhed would eventually try and figure a way to defeat Sin without the use of Summoner's, but it's a random time bomb on how long you've got til something goes wrong.

So crazy thing, I explored all I could of Sanubia Sands before getting to Home, and I found the two Al Bhed Primers... and... the one along the quickest path to Home, when I stood in front of it and touched it, it read the nearby Al Bhed sign instead. So I was very puzzled because it looked just like a Primer but ran off anyways and OF COURSE IT IS A PRIMER so once I got to the entryway of Home I ran back through the desert for that fucker. :closedmonster: I should've tried picking it up from a different angle; the sign was like 6 feet away from the frickin book, like wtf?? Why would it read the sign :@ When I realized I was missing a Primer (picked up the one in the entryway) is when I turned around and marched back.

Anyhow all is good, I got it. :monster:

Also I got emotional during the whole Summoner sacrifice reveal. That scene usually gives me feels but this time it hit me a bit harder than usual for some reason. It's really good and sad. You see the hints throughout the story up to this point, of course, but they're nice and subtle. It's easy to see why Tidus doesn't catch on, especially during the earlier parts of the game where he's pretty preoccupied with his own situation.
Ah, it's such a great story and great characters, I love this game. <3 ;-;

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Chapter 9: So Much To Do, So Little Time
(aka "Grindin', Grindin', Grindin'... Get that party grindin'...")
(aka "Time to do all that stuff you've been avoiding!")

Time: Monday August 21 to Sunday August 27

Target: Finish those sidequests!

j2Le5ev.jpg

Have you been following the story straight through, or have you been veering off to take care of all the little odds and ends that don't really matter but are kind of cool? There's just SO MUCH left to do before we take on Sin! Three optional Aeons, the celestial weapons (and their upgrades), Jecht spheres, Al Bhed primers, weapon/armor customizations, capturing fiends for the Monster Arena, battling the Dark Aeons... And of course, the Omega Ruins.

Discussion:
  • How's your fiend collection coming?
  • Did you snag Yojimbo, Anima, and the Magus Sisters? Which one took the most effort?
  • Do you have all of the celestial weapons yet? What about their crests and sigils? Which was the biggest pain to obtain?
  • Have you visited all of the secret locations on the airship's navigation map?
  • Have you challenged the Omega Ruins? Did Omega go down, or did he crush your party like the pathetic, insignificant insects they are? Or did you cheat and Zanmato the bastard with Yojimbo?
  • Did you remember to grab all of the missable Al Bhed primers at Home and Bevelle, or are you forever doomed to playing Wheel of Fortune - Al Bhed Edition?
  • If you're playing International/Remaster, which of the Dark Aeons was the hardest for you?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
How much time did you spend fooling around in the Calm Lands? Did you visit the arena and remiem temple? How much time did you devote to these activities?
As little as possible, although the encounter rate this time was stupidly high. I never visit the temple until I have the airship and will do so in a future chapter. I DID visit the Arena, but didn't want to spend a stupid amount of time on it as I was invested in the story at the time.

Did you enter the Calm Lands Gorge Cave to obtain Yojimbo? What do you think of Yojimbo as an Aeon and his mechanics?
Not yet. I want to get the right amount of gil first.

How did Kimahri handle his 1V2 match? Did you stock up on Blue Magic or were you good to go already?
Half and half. Had quite some stuff already, just acquired the rest of it using Lancet. It was difficult at first, but once one of them was knocked out, the battle was easy.

Did you meet Wantz and avail yourself to his expensive but versatile gear? What do you think of the O'aka story arc going on in the background?
I met Wantz, but had no desire to buy stuff from him at the time. It's a shame about O'aka, but I'm sure he's ok!

If you're a first time player what did you think of the massive revelation at the summit? If you're a returner, how do you think it holds up as a story element, especially when compared with other massive twists in the series? (Spoiler Tags please)
It holds up really well. It makes you realise the hints were there for the rest of the party, but it's astounding how well Yuna takes it. Maybe there was a part of her that always suspected it, idk. It's such a bittersweet moment - they know Jecht is alive... just not in the way they expected.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Chapter 9

How's your fiend collection coming?

I've been pretty thorough. I have fiends of every type from every area. I'm still working on the collections required to create some of the original monsters, and I'm missing one or two from the Species Conquest list.

Did you snag Yojimbo, Anima, and the Magus Sisters? Which one took the most effort?

Yes, yes, and yes. Yojimbo was the biggest pain in the ass... mostly because I was underleveled when I entered the dungeon... and then didn't have quite enough cash to hire the bastard, so I had to go grind for more gil.

Do you have all of the celestial weapons yet? What about their crests and sigils? Which was the biggest pain to obtain?

No... I'm still missing Wakka's. Seriously, fuck Blitzball. I don't have one of the upgrades for Tidus' weapon (the one you get from the chocobo lady), and I haven't picked up the one for Lulu's weapon that requires dodging lightning bolts, or the one for Kimhari's that you have to chase down butterflies to get.

Have you visited all of the secret locations on the airship's navigation map?

Yes.

Have you challenged the Omega Ruins? Did Omega go down, or did he crush your party like the pathetic, insignificant insects they are? Or did you cheat and Zanmato the bastard with Yojimbo?

Omega Ruins, done. I actually accidentally Zanmato'd the fucker. Was using him to shield my party from an attack and he decided to pull out his finisher for 100 gil. :wacky:

Did you remember to grab all of the missable Al Bhed primers at Home and Bevelle, or are you forever doomed to playing Wheel of Fortune - Al Bhed Edition?

*sigh* I missed all of the ones in Home. And I'm still pissed about it.

If you're playing International/Remaster, which of the Dark Aeons was the hardest for you?

I've only challenged Valefor thus far, and that was to get the Jecht Sphere near the temple so I could obtain Auron's final overdrive. I may go back and do the others later, though.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Chapter 10: Sin's goin' DOWN!
(aka "Ain't no gettin' offa this train we're... wait... Dammit, that's the wrong game...")
(aka "Oh, god, so many boss battles...")
(aka "You’ll cry. You’re gonna cry. You always cry. See? You’re cryin’.")

Time: Monday August 28 to Sunday September 3

Target: Save the world!

SbfkNKA.jpg

This is it. The final showdown with Sin. Well...
once you get past its left fin. And its right fin. And Sinspawn Genais. And Sin's head. And make it through Sin. And fight Seymour one last time. And go still deeper into Sin. And fight Jecht... both forms.
And... Jesus, are we ever going to get to Yu Yevon?

Discussion:
  • Did you revisit all of the chambers of the fayth to hear their speeches? Or did you jump right into the fight?
  • How'd your first bout with Sin go? Do you like the battles aboard the airship, or do they just annoy you?
  • Seymour just doesn't give up, does he? Was defeating him satisfying? Is he really gone for good this time?
  • Did you stop and get all those nice treasure chests inside Sin, or did you rush right past them? Did you collect the remaining fiends for the Arena, too?
  • Which was your favorite goodbye?
    Auron's? Jecht's? Tidus'? The Aeons'?

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Chapter Seven

How much time did you spend fooling around in the Calm Lands? Did you visit the arena and remiem temple? How much time did you devote to these activities?

Far too much time. So much that I&#8217;m now several chapters behind because of all the time I spent grinding and capturing fiends. Went back all the way to the Thunder Plains to catch fiends for the arena, got the Celestial Mirror and Nirvana. I visited Belgemine at the Remien Temple but have only fought Valefor so far.

Did you enter the Calm Lands Gorge Cave to obtain Yojimbo? What do you think of Yojimbo as an Aeon and his mechanics?

Yes. He kept kicking me out of the chamber because I offered too little, but I got him in the end. I love Yojimbo, first two times I summoned him he let me have Zanmato for free. I would prefer to control him to Boost etc. but this is a nice change to the other Aeons and I&#8217;m not really too bothered about letting him do his own thing.

How did Kimahri handle his 1V2 match? Did you stock up on Blue Magic or were you good to go already?

Most of the time I spent in the Calm Lands was to train Kimarhi up a little. I don&#8217;t think I really needed to do it because he whooped their asses. My Kimarhi has the ability to use Albhed potions, cast Haste, and pretty much has a high enough defence stat that they weren&#8217;t doing too much damage. Had to tread carefully so that they would use White Wind and Mighty Guard before I killed them. Stole five lvl 3 keyspheres too.

Did you meet Wantz and avail yourself to his expensive but versatile gear? What do you think of the O'aka story arc going on in the background?

Spoke to Wantz and brought a few Holy Waters for the upcoming battle with Seymour. Didn&#8217;t touch his weapons. I don&#8217;t really care about O&#8217;aka&#8217;s story arc, all I want is Wantz&#8217;s empty four slot equipment.

If you're a first time player what did you think of the massive revelation at the summit? If you're a returner, how do you think it holds up as a story element, especially when compared with other massive twists in the series? (Spoiler Tags please)

Is this about what Tidus is? Because I&#8217;m still as unimpressed by the revelation today as I was when I first played the game. I don&#8217;t know, the timing always seemed a little off to me and then Tidus just shrugs it off and on we go. It does lead us to the ending to the game which I always liked so I can&#8217;t really say that I hate it.

• This is where I really start loving the Sphere Grid. Everyone has moved on from their grid - Tidus, Rikku and Lulu are all on Wakka&#8217;s lol gonna try and get Lulu to head on through to Yuna&#8217;s at some point but I don&#8217;t really use her much. Yuna is working her way through Rikku&#8217;s. Wakka and Kimarhi on Auron&#8217;s and Auron himself is nearly at the end of Tidus&#8217;s.
  • The battle with Seymour and the Guardian beast were a bit of a struggle. I think that I usually have a few customised equipment by now to help me with these battles or maybe I was lucky in past games and had enemies drop the right kind? I don&#8217;t know, I haven&#8217;t Game Over&#8217;d yet so I think it&#8217;s all good. We&#8217;ll see what happens when I get to Yunalesca.

The Zanarkand ruins is also a fave spot of mine to grind so I have no idea when I'll get to the next chapter. May just try to power through the chapters and attempt to ignore the urge to grind. We'll see how well that goes :monster:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Chapter 10

Did you revisit all of the chambers of the fayth to hear their speeches? Or did you jump right into the fight?
I went back to a couple of them, but for the most part, no. I headed straight for Sin.

How'd your first bout with Sin go? Do you like the battles aboard the airship, or do they just annoy you?
I enjoy the fights that have a little bit of variation to them... although by that point, I was so ridiculously overleveled that it didn't really matter much. :monster:

Seymour just doesn't give up, does he? Was defeating him satisfying? Is he really gone for good this time?
Seymour is a fucking cockroach. And his voice is creepy and annoying. I enjoyed watching him die again. :wacky:

Did you stop and get all those nice treasure chests inside Sin, or did you rush right past them? Did you collect the remaining fiends for the Arena, too?
Grabbed 'em all, and rounded out my fiend collection. :)

Which was your favorite goodbye?
Auron's? Jecht's? Tidus'? The Aeons'?
I have to say Auron. Auron was a badass to the end.

Top Bottom