• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have the ps3 one still barely touched, having only made it as far as kilika, and now you do this to me square :closedmonster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, I'm happy with my PS3 version. :monster:
It may or may not get a slight resolution bump on PS4 for all we know but I wouldn't expect anything drastic.

Anyway, why do I have a feeling there's inevitably gonna be a Kingdom Hearts HD complete boxset for PS4...

Lex

Administrator
Well I won't be paying £39.99 for it (which I assume is the UK price, have they quoted any EU prices?) since I already paid full price for both the Vita and PS3 versions. I will more than likely pick it up when it drops, or if they offer some sort of discount for people who already have it.

Can you include a link to the source?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I read £34.99 on Eurogamer.

It also says FFVII at £12.99. Eurogamer are pretty accurate with their reporting, so I'd take it.

Source

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Guess it's official now. Will be picking up with my new PS4.

(A little off-topic, but wasn't there a motion being discussed about just getting rid of the news forum and putting all relevant articles in relevant sub-forums? It's not a big deal, but it's a minor pain seeing discussion split between two threads.)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Added the € price to the article (49.99 as well).

Don't know about UK prices, I don't have a source for that.
Hm. Maybe I shouldn't have registered my country as "Germany" on their press site. Seems like I'm only getting German news now and I can't change it. :@

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So this means that FFX has been on three different PlayStation consoles: 2, 3 & 4, (four consoles if you count the Vita).

Yet FFXII has only been on one, methinks somethings wrong there.
(I know FF12 isn't for everyone but still. :( )

I want to see Fran and her leading man in HD. :monster:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
"system-exclusive features"

If it isn't FFXV demo, trailer, news I don't want to know.

Will still buy the PS4 version regardless.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Gj5qrnx.gif

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm soooo tempted to get the PS4 for this purpose

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So this means that FFX has been on three different PlayStation consoles: 2, 3 & 4, (four consoles if you count the Vita).

Yet FFXII has only been on one, methinks somethings wrong there.
(I know FF12 isn't for everyone but still. :( )

I want to see Fran and her leading man in HD. :monster:

This is the only reason I am hesitant to sell my PS2. What if we never get this? What if I ever decide I want to play this game again?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
No one's asking the real question: Will it have more clues about whatever was supposed to happen after Nojima's fantastic X-2.5 novel????

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
hashimoto gave an interview about the ps4 version of this and the reasons for doing this and it was basically this

- the chinese release of the ps4 was a big part of it. they thought the ps3 might be released there too but it turned out to only be the ps4, and they picked ffx/x-2 hd because out of their titles it was the one they could get out there the fastest

- something like the ffxiii series would require a development team to bring to the ps4, but the original teams have been shrunk down and are split between ffxv and ffxiv now. so ffx/ffx-2, which was a joint effort between internal and external staff, was the most reliable option

- the ps4 one will have some tune-ups to match the ps4, but it's essentially the same graphically as the vita one (for some reason this interview didn't mention the ps3 version, i don't know if that's because the ps3 isn't released in china and that was the focus of this article but that was a bit weird to me)

- there's some possibility of censorship in the chinese version? the interviewer asked about it but hashimoto couldn't comment on it but will announce the results once they're released

- the chinese localisation is basically done now, it won't be 'culturised' and will be the same as the japanese version, and the voice acting will be in japanese

and those are the notes i made from the interview :monster: it was picked because they could get something on the chinese market and ffx/x-2 was the best option.

link to the interview but it's all in japanese: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20141213_680227.html

Top Bottom