Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
X-2 Stuff

I finally managed to get 100% story completion after being stuck at 99% for months. All I had to do was give the sphere to New Yevon and just continue the story until chapter 2 where we storm Bevelle.

Now I just gotta do the minor trophies, the oversoul one is trash good thing I got more than half on my first 100% run months ago.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
X-2 Stuff

I'm currently oversouling the last few fiends on Shinra's list(Completed over 75% back during my 100% in one go run) I wasn't about to fight the cheating normal Chac.

Screw the Protean Gel monster(can pretty much slaughter you if you're clueless) died twice to it today before brunt forcing with a dark knight.

The final creatures are ones that I have no access to until chap 5.

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
My reaction after listening to the audio drama "The Eternal Calm - Final Fantasy X: Will" for the first time, even though I already knew what was coming...

3170b2e9393787314086838b78df8654.png

DEr41E-WsAAkvPR.jpg

Also, WTF Kazushiga Nojima XD

BIG BREASTS. BIGGER ATTITUDE.

Urgh, please don't remind me about that abomination disguised as a novel! When I first heard it I was like

:explain:

I suppose it wasn't as bad as a certain Final Fantasy X novel I read...

SxigdjK.gif

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
X-2 Stuff

As of this post, I have only 13 fiends left to oversoul. I have to do another run just for the chocobo eater :(

I have the trophy for Blitzball, screw this game's version. I had to sit through that abomination for a good min or so just to level up my team just so they could score once and hope that the other team didn't score. Screw the OP Luca Goers too.

Leavin this

Also my Yuna is so OP at level 60ish that an Elder Drake can't do a thing and most enemies deal 1 damage.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That was my least favorite boss for a long long time, haha. Because the second time I fought him it took 45 minutes, and then lost :rage:

I wound up just spamming Darkness with three Dark Knights.

Lex

Administrator
I've been one trophy away from the X-2 platinum since it released - the one for completing that "Last Mission" which I never managed to get very far in. It might actually be the last thing I played on my PS3, because I don't have the game on PS4 lol.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I've been one trophy away from the X-2 platinum since it released - the one for completing that "Last Mission" which I never managed to get very far in. It might actually be the last thing I played on my PS3, because I don't have the game on PS4 lol.

I have to do one more playthrough just to oversoul chocobo eater and do a fiend's tale for those final two trophies.

Last Mission is gonna be boring but I wanna plat X-2.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i quite enjoyed last mission when i played it on the ps2 :sadpanda:

i still haven't made it that far through the hd one. i think i'm still in besaid in ffx. and that was... years ago now...

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I posted in the "Chrono Trigger" thread how, I'm in the process of burning through "Persona 5" at moment, but once that is 'done' (and I inevitably mourn the confidantes I never got to know lol) I'm either going to hop into CT, or the PS4 remaster of this. Having not played the game since its original release back in...01, I guess it was, I've been thinking about its place and legacy. At the risk of being a bit abstract, do ya'll tend to think of this game as the "End of an Era" for FF that it is sometimes regarded as (usually being 7, 8, 9 and 10...every now and then you get a 6 thrown in there, but I feel that's too wide a net)? Or is it instead the BEGINNING of modern, voice-acted, dramatic cinema-style presentation and no world-map FF? Or is it just a cool game?

(I'm kind of ignoring X-2 for now, I haven't ever played it, I will when I finish the X remaster, but from everything I know about it, it seems to give off more 'interesting side story' vibes rather than a proper entry. Charlie's Angels iconography and pop-star stadium performances in particular...heard the battle system's pretty neat, tho)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think whether FFX is regarded as an "End of an Era" or "Beginning of an Era" probably depends more on the age and personal Final Fantasy franchise history of an individual more than the content/features (and the differences/similarities to previous/subsequent games) of FFX itself. And the fact that the Square and Enix merger occurred during the FFX/X-2 period also contributes to the subjectivity of it being both a "beginning and end".

Also the fact that FFXI was a MMO instead of a standard off-line single player FF entry, likely also contributes to why FFX, FFXI, FFXII don't get viewed/remembered/grouped as "the PS2 FF games" in the same way FFI-FFIII, FFIV-FFVI, FVII-FIX, are remembered/grouped as the Famicon, SNES, and PS1 FF games.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Theo-- You're dead on accurate in terms of the confusion / politics /hardware /general fuckery going on during this period that results to it being ambiguous. However, I was asking more of a personal question...how do YOU feel about this??

Kuja, for example, gave an opinion. But it seemed completely removed from outside influence commentary. But at the very least, I know your CPU did not meld well with the program known as "Last Mission" :P

JK, of course. But yeah! I'm familiar with the politics (and, for the record, will never consider a non single-player, narrative-based game as FF "Proper"--in my mind, as much as can and will change, THAT stays a standard--), but I wanted to know how other people felt about this game...that is, assuming they think of "FF" at large at all, instead of just enjoying games on a game-by-game basis

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
X-2 Stuff

I'm on floor 40 and still dealing out 25-30 damage with a crit dealing 85-90 damage. I have no clue on how to make my dark knight stronger hit wise.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
X-2 Stuff

I'm done with LM for now, due to its BS, I hate it.

I'm like on F72 or something.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju

i heard this song just now looking at a walkthrough. i immediately knew it came from this song i had heard years before and adored because of this very tune:

i was so surprised i screamed right there in the living room. that makes two songs so far i have heard years before i came to this game, and i'm not even on part 5. FFX must be an extremely popular OST outside of gaming, next to FF7.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
almost done with the game (part 39 of 42) i can say i feel so bad for anima. i can actually feel my own physical pain when i see him. and what pain it receives is what it gives out, and it gives it tenfold. for some reason when i see it one shot so many strong monsters i feel even worst for it. what a poor creature, and i don't know a thing about it.

two complaints: i have noticed literally no-one in the entire game so far has said tidus' name, not even jeckt. i know this without a doubt because i have been waiting for an extremely long time for someone to say his name so i know how to pronounce it, and that time has never came. no wonder people still fight over the pronunciation. i guess i will just pronounce it with the japanese "ee", although "tyedus" sounds greek mythological-y and i say it sometimes.

second complaint, wakka is fine enough as a character, but he fights with his ball? really? who the heck thought of that weapon lol? i can't take this man seriously.

BONUS COMPLAINT:
what is up with everyone being a fish with water? i thought it would be explained later on but me being 85% done with the game there's still no explanation how wakka and tidus are just as well underwater as they are on land. heck they can even speak underwater.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
As far as Tidus' (who, although later voice-acted sidegames like Dissidia have shown that his name pronunciation in English is "Tee-dus", I will always refer to as "Tide-us" because it sounds less ridiculous to me, and appeared to have a connection to water) name going unspoken, this was still the era that allowed you to name your protagonist--although not the other party members, as in the previous games. They managed to get around that pretty well, all things considered, although if the entire cast had been manually name-able, it would've been pretty awkward dialogue wise.

On a related side note, I always used the 'default' names as I felt like it was a part of the narrative, so this was no big deal for me. But the newfound inability to name everyone was something of a controversy at the time, as was voice-acting in general. I remember a particular post by a longtime series fan, describing how he was British, always named the protagonist after himself, and imagined him to speak in the same accent that he did. Suddenly, a *gasp* American accent came booming out of his speakers, and he felt his connection to the character was broken. Seems quaint now, but interesting.

Wakka is inherently ridiculous. It only makes sense that he would fight using something like a ball, we're lucky they didn't make him a fucking juggler.

I think the only 'in-universe' attempt at an explanation for the underwater breathing is that "Blitzball players totally like, um, master the art of holding their breath, for like, uh, super extended godlike periods of time, and stuff". But then...aren't there parts later where non-athlete members of the cast do the same thing? Yeah, it doesn't hold up. Magic.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's a bit of both training and magic. The pyreflies permeating everything make it possible to hold one's breath longer than on our world, but they still have to train the same way anyone would here in order to get the most out of that.

I don't remember any non-athlete members of the cast doing this to any significant extent, though, no. We see Yuna training herself to stay underwater in "FFX: The Eternal Calm," but her best time is nowhere near what Wakka or Tidus could manage.

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
At the very beginning of the game, while you are running to the Blitzball match, there's a guy along the bridge that will say Tidus's name. He's not voiced, however.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Been a while with this one too, but I know there's at least one underwater boss (Evrae) that features Wakka, Rikku, and Tidus under there for who knows how long (unless we assume battle time is in a crazy scale to 'actual' time). And I believe there are others, maybe some who even feature the whole party??

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I think the only 'in-universe' attempt at an explanation for the underwater breathing is that "Blitzball players totally like, um, master the art of holding their breath, for like, uh, super extended godlike periods of time, and stuff". But then...aren't there parts later where non-athlete members of the cast do the same thing? Yeah, it doesn't hold up. Magic.

I think X's "eternal calm vid has Yuna explaining that she has been training to hold her breath for like 3 mins. That doesn't explain them growing gills for the lake scene.

Top Bottom