• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
As far as Tidus' (who, although later voice-acted sidegames like Dissidia have shown that his name pronunciation in English is "Tee-dus", I will always refer to as "Tide-us" because it sounds less ridiculous to me, and appeared to have a connection to water) name going unspoken, this was still the era that allowed you to name your protagonist--although not the other party members, as in the previous games. They managed to get around that pretty well, all things considered, although if the entire cast had been manually name-able, it would've been pretty awkward dialogue wise.
ohhhhh, that makes sense. and even for my complaint of their not saying his name yes it is pretty masterfully written to not include his name and not make it too awkward.

tyedus sounds pretty cool and as i said i sometimes say it before teedus but alas, i must be respectful to the japanese alphabet and all :mon:

It's a bit of both training and magic. The pyreflies permeating everything make it possible to hold one's breath longer than on our world, but they still have to train the same way anyone would here in order to get the most out of that.

I don't remember any non-athlete members of the cast doing this to any significant extent, though, no. We see Yuna training herself to stay underwater in "FFX: The Eternal Calm," but her best time is nowhere near what Wakka or Tidus could manage.
i completely forgot about the magic aspect in FF. beyond stupid i know, but i only thought it applied to fighting (which is heavily done in game mechanics anyway), not everyday life and/or games or sports.

i just assumed they weren't human and could hold their breath/breathe underwater which would have been fine for me, i just wanted an explanation somewhere in the game.

At the very beginning of the game, while you are running to the Blitzball match, there's a guy along the bridge that will say Tidus's name. He's not voiced, however.
well shucks, that would have been the best time using his name :T
----------
looking at 2 now and the faces are a lot more expressive which is good. the first game was painful and i had to rely almost entirely on looking right into everyone's eyes for any type of realistic expression. also yuna's eyes aren't as ugly and dull looking.

i'm not sure about rikku's outfit (btw she's cousins with yuna right?). it's not even the fact of her showing so much skin but she's wearing a scarf and those silly arm thingies. the strangest outfit of them all imo. i usually don't care about body showing in FF because it's almost pretty even for both genders and equally ridiculous, but rikku seems like she is around 14-15 so it doesn't feel so right to me.

besides all that, the OST isn't as impressive at the first, as the first game had me interested as soon as i heard the first song.

i'm only at part 4 but i really don't see where this plot is going and hope it picks up. as soon as i think the plot has settled on a little something it jumps off to something else again.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I never thought anything of X-2's OST back in the day, but on replaying it for the HD remaster I realized that I had misjudged it. There's some great music in there. The title screen is a lovely song of course, but I'm especially partial to Zanarkand Ruins

I don't know why, something about it just clicked with me on my second playthrough. Enjoyed listening to it while solving that door math puzzle in the cave in the Thunder Plains.

And Rikku is 17 in X-2, if that means anything to you :monster:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I never thought anything of X-2's OST back in the day, but on replaying it for the HD remaster I realized that I had misjudged it. There's some great music in there. The title screen is a lovely song of course, but I'm especially partial to Zanarkand Ruins

I don't know why, something about it just clicked with me on my second playthrough. Enjoyed listening to it while solving that door math puzzle in the cave in the Thunder Plains.

And Rikku is 17 in X-2, if that means anything to you :monster:

I first played X-2 when I was like 11 or 12 and loved most of the songs.

4:45 til the end is my fav section

That is my fav version of the song and it's been on my YT favs for over 10 yrs.

Honorable mentions are Yuna's Ballad, Eternity: Memories Of Lightwaves(The title song), Let me Blow You A Kiss, and Wind Crest: The Three Trails

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i will level with y'all, this is one of my favourite video game battle themes and i'm eternally disappointed it was only used for the short opening section

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
i will level with y'all, this is one of my favourite video game battle themes and i'm eternally disappointed it was only used for the short opening section

Also used for the mission where the Machina go crazy in Chap 3.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i think it has been over a decade since i played it last (whenever international + last mission came out for the ps2)

but man i want to play it again but i should finish with dark souls first

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
did somebody say dark souls

I really need to.sit.down.and finish restructuring the sphere grid so I can platinum this game. :/

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think the only 'in-universe' attempt at an explanation for the underwater breathing is that "Blitzball players totally like, um, master the art of holding their breath, for like, uh, super extended godlike periods of time, and stuff". But then...aren't there parts later where non-athlete members of the cast do the same thing? Yeah, it doesn't hold up. Magic.
The Blitzball itself is actually a giant Underwater Materia. :awesome:

X :neo:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
k, i need some help guys....i finished
and the fight ends suddenly and i don't know what happens after??? so i searched around and then i found out about a "perfect ending", which features tidus fighting the final boss instead of yuna and co. WHAT'S GOING ONNNNNN

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What do you mean you don't know what happens after? Did the next battle not load for you?

Re: the Perfect Ending -- Tidus does not fight the final boss.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
What do you mean you don't know what happens after? Did the next battle not load for you?

Re: the Perfect Ending -- Tidus does not fight the final boss.

next battle? i must not have because after fighting the tidus lookalike the video suddenly ends with not even a credit cutscene. honestly, i am very confused.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Preach! Zanarkand Ruins has a completely different feel in X-2 than X but it's still so soothing and mellow, totally underrated in the soundtrack.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Tactic, I am very interested in the mystery of what happened in the playthrough--and I say this as someone who had zero interest in X-2 and honestly found the project to smell of near-parody, especially at the time. Like "hey, you know our penchant for throwing in flamboyantly dressed, unnaturally chipper female characters to balance out the gravity of our world-saving casts? Let's make a whole GAME based around that!!". Y'know, like the old after school special dad "So, son, ya like smoking, eh?? Well have a whole CARTON of cigarettes!!" *flings box* That said, I'll almost certainly give it a go once I complete the X remaster, since its right there in the package.

But anyway, I'm really intrigued as to whether this is one of the (presumably truncated) endings you can get, or possibly a glitch on the disc. I mean, did the screen just go black and never return? Or did you get a credit sequence? Is there a way you could look up a playthrough where someone made the same choices you did and see what was 'supposed' to happen? I know some of you suckas have to have beaten this game in and out, so there's gotta be an answer some-whereeesss!

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Tactic, I am very interested in the mystery of what happened in the playthrough--and I say this as someone who had zero interest in X-2 and honestly found the project to smell of near-parody, especially at the time. Like "hey, you know our penchant for throwing in flamboyantly dressed, unnaturally chipper female characters to balance out the gravity of our world-saving casts? Let's make a whole GAME based around that!!". Y'know, like the old after school special dad "So, son, ya like smoking, eh?? Well have a whole CARTON of cigarettes!!" *flings box* That said, I'll almost certainly give it a go once I complete the X remaster, since its right there in the package.

But anyway, I'm really intrigued as to whether this is one of the (presumably truncated) endings you can get, or possibly a glitch on the disc. I mean, did the screen just go black and never return? Or did you get a credit sequence? Is there a way you could look up a playthrough where someone made the same choices you did and see what was 'supposed' to happen? I know some of you suckas have to have beaten this game in and out, so there's gotta be an answer some-whereeesss!
i gave the video as proof of what happened. go to around the last 20 seconds and you'll see "mission completed" and the screen fades off. nothing else happens. i tried looking for more videos in the playlist. it just...ends. i was and am very confused. i'm fine for looking at another playthrough, i just have no idea what happened.

also call me chewy/chewbaka, no need for tactic. but if you want to by all means i'm not stopping you : P

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
ona9lkoaucfifi7tkpyy.jpg

This ultra-badass custom Bahamut used over 10,000 pieces

X :neo:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
wait wtf....
yuna and tidus broke up????? what's the use of their romance lol

is this canon?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Only if you consider that ridiculous book canon.

And then they're back together anyway...but Tidus is dead now? And also sort of unsent? And then Sin's back. The book is a complete mess.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
i don't think it is...not that side games have strong hold on canon and separate games but i mean...they're always together everywhere else. why would S/E waste their time doing that, it's dumb imo. is it ever mentioned in any ultimanias or the like?

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Terrible or not, no reason to not consider it canon. It was written by Nojima who also wrote the scenario for FFX and FFX-2. And the audio drama Final Fantasy X -Will- released with FFX/X-2 HD follows up from it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well, except for the fact that it's basically nonsensical. Also, as people have observed before, the Japanese don't seem to be anywhere near as anal about "canon" as Westerners. So when something takes place outside of any relevance to any part of the story you'll actually interact with, AND it's something that very few people have actually even read to begin with, canonicity becomes purely academic.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
X-2 Stuff

Sooo I got to the final stages of the tower during Last Mission like 3-4 months ago and I'm like dumb levels of weak so a complete restart is needed.

Top Bottom