• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Rise of Atrum Veneficus) Recruiting thread

Kelranox

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Zatch, Zach
FINAL FANTASY
X/X-2
ROLEPLAY

The Rise of Atrum Veneficus

This is the planning thread. I will accept private messages including your profile, of which I will paste in this post if I deem it to be worthy. I have an original template planned out as well as a canon template for auditions. Below is the original character template for my FFX/X-2 roleplay, designed to bring out the best of your role-playing ability. Make sure you follow it right down to the finest detail, because unless you meet all of the criteria, your character will not be accepted. Have fun.

-------------------------------

-General Information-

Rules

1. Please use proper grammar. If English is a second language to you then I will be lenient as long as you write to the best of your ability.

2. No god-modding. Unsure as to what that is? Suffice it to say, don't control another character's actions. Also, if you're engaged in combat with someone else, you can't simply state that your attack succeeded. You must allow them to post in response to said attack.

3. Keep cursing to a minimum. I'm unsure as to what the rules on the forum say about cursing, however if you prefer to do so on here because it fits your character's personality, then at least do so lightly.

Character specifics

Name: Simple enough, whatever your character's name is. I will not accept any rip-offs of popular anime characters nor characters from video games/tv shows/etc. and I am not overly fond of katakana names (Japanese names that sound almost identical to their English translation).

Nicknames: Again, simple enough. Let's not get stereotypical here, try and be inventive. (Optional)

Birthplace:
Whereabouts in Spira is your character was born. No, I will not accept other worlds.

Height: Please list in imperial measurements; feet and inches.

Alignment: Good, Neutral or Evil. Feel free to expand with more detail here. I don't complain about depth. Also, if you are willing to portray a member of Atrum Veneficus be sure to list such. I'd also like to stay in contact with you outside of this thread so that I may fill you in on certain plans.

-Extended Information-

Appearance

For your character's appearance, I will be requiring a written description of at least 200 words. Make sure you describe your character's physical features such as their build and complexion among other things aside from the typical clothing that most people associate with being the appearance. I will not accept any descriptions or images of characters from franchises listed on our "Banned List" in the next post, so don't try using such people as "Uchiha Itachi" or "L".

Personality

Probably the most important part of a character because it almost definitely defines your path in the RPG. I will be requiring a minimum of 200 words for the personality, which isn't difficult to achieve. Remember to include the general way of thinking that your character possesses, how they react under certain situations and their out-look on life. Let's not go stereotypical with fully emo characters that make Squall and Cloud look like optimists, because they're boring and unoriginal.

Lifestyle

This section allows you to give more of an overall sum-up of your character's way of life. Any other little details that you can think of to give us more of an insight into your character can be listed here, such things as hobbies, whether they have an occupation or perhaps a love interest. I expect there to be a well-constructed paragraph at the least to describe what your character basically does in their spare time. There are plenty of things to list. Listing your occupation is mandatory, even if it is something mundane like "Adventurer".

-Inventory-

Weapons

What your character uses as their primary method of physical attack, essentially. Your weapons cannot have any enchantments placed upon them. two weapons upon creation, however you will be judged after creation so don't think you'll get way with too much.

Armor

Completely optional, but naturally providing extra defence to your characters depending on the efficiency of the armour. I will not be allowing any armour that is essentially impenetrable or extremely durable whilst being extraordinarily light. If you choose to wear fully-plated mail armour, then your character will inevitably be slower.

Other

Any other items that your character carry around with them can be listed here. Essentially, any accessories you make will not be accepted should they possess magical qualities.

-Abilities/Magic/Skills-

Final Fantasy X
You're allowed a certain sect of skills or magic. What do I mean by that? Well, in FFX you had magic, special abilities and skills. Any character could learn whichever sect they wanted, however they started out with whichever sect was assigned to them. We're basically acting as if we're starting an adventure without having leveled or what have you. If you'd like a list of the skills/abilities/magic used in FFX: here it is

Still confused? Let's say you wanted to use Tidus's Skill set. You would simply type out 'Tidus's Skill set'. You'd then go by whatever it was he learned. You may say it's a bit limiting, however it's much easier than allowing others to use whatever they preferred, thus becoming overpowered. Another thing to take into considering is how often you can use said skills/abilities/magic. Do note that using most any of them will leave you a bit weakened. So, don't spam Ultima as if it won't bother you at all. Take strategy into consideration.

Final Fantasy X-2

Just the same as the section for Final Fantasy X, you're allowed a certain skill sect from the dresspheres in X-2. However, you're disallowed to change from dressphere to dressphere, you're only allowed ONE. Also, certain dresspheres are disallowed:

Disallowed Dressheres
Alchemist
Floral Fallal
Full Throttle
Machina Maw
Mascot

If you'd like a full list of dresspheres and their abilities: here it is

Do note that you can't have a sect from X-2 and a sect from X. You can only have one sect from one game.

Overdrive

Yes, you may create your own Overdrive. There aren't too many restrictions with this, however you must be reasonable. If it isn't, then I'll ask you to edit it.

-Background-

Biography

The story of your character, how they got to where they are now and what events happened in their life occurred to make them whatever they are today. Be original with this, we do not like Mary Sue or John Doe storylines here. It's highly advisable that you be familiar with the events leading from FFX to FFX-2. We expect at least 500 words and a quality biography as a minimum here. If I'm not happy with the details in your profile because it doesn't match the storyline, I'll be asking you to edit. 500 words for a biography is nothing compared to most top RP sites and isn't difficult to do if you put your mind to it. If you can't meet that requirement, you shouldn't be role-playing. Simple as that.

------------------------------

I expect all applications to be well-constructed and have a high standard of grammar. If I feel that the grammar provided to me in an application is of an unacceptable standard, I will force you to edit accordingly. Below is the actual template, so enjoy.

Code:
[CENTER]Name:
Nicknames:
Birthplace:
Height:
Alignment:

-Extended Information-

Appearance:

Personality:

Lifestyle:

-Inventory-

Weapons

Armour

Other

-Abilities/Magic/Skills-

Overdrive

-Background-    

Biography
[/CENTER]
My Character
-General Information-

Name: Evan Laramie
Nicknames: None
Birthplace: Luca
Height: 5’11
Alignment: Good

-Extended Information-

Appearance:
• Height 5’11”
• Haircolor: Black
• Eyecolor: A dull blue.
• Build: Light build, only a bit of muscle.

Clothing: Two silver ear rings both on his left ear. Whenever he isn’t playing Blitzball he dawns a silver choker around his neck with a sapphire in the middle. The trinket is obviously meant for someone more feminine, but he never removes it. Given that it was a valuable piece of equipment for his sister, he wears it with respect. His uniform is typically his normal attire, assuming he just got out of a game, he doesn’t find a reason to rid himself of the garb.

Underneath the uniform, Evan can normally be seen with a white t-shirt, usually complemented by shorts which parallel his uniform. Whenever Evan is simply relaxing, he attaches lower vestments to any pair of shorts he happens to be wearing in order to form them into pants. These are held up by a black belt with several ringlets strewn throughout it. His official tennis shoes are usually worn on every occasion, viewing them as comfortable. As an accessory, a wristband is worn in honor of the pilgrimage in which High Summoner Yuna undertook to guarantee peace throughout Spira.
His hair is layered, allowing a few bangs to wave about during a simple breeze. Evan’s appearance in general would allow one to underestimate his strength. Though he frequents Blitzball training quite often, he isn’t overly muscular. However, he is indeed quite athletic.

Personality: Evan portrays himself as an easy going, cool, collected and reserved individual. Always putting on that impressive smile of his to charm his way through any trivial or serious matter. When socializing with others, he’s very down to earth, his voice full of charisma and enthusiasm to further entice those who speak to him; it tends to get him into mischief without even trying. Some call him cheeky but he’s just actually being honest and with that comes a sheer bluntness. He tends to be the kind that’ll go with the flow of things, so he won’t seem like a stick in the mud, but when he has something in stored for people, he makes sure that they get the grand picture.

He possesses great determination, which means he won’t give up easily once he has something set within his mind. Confident and determined, he tends to excel in what he does, and makes sure that he gives more than one hundred percent. He wants to be impressive and show that he can do things just as good as the next person. Some call him an over-achiever but he only wants the best of the best. Patient and impatient at the same time, it varies with his reasons and situations.

He can tolerate verbal abuse to a certain degree before he retorts back. Evan can be cruel if enticed enough for he does posses a bit of rage in him. He can control his temper but he does have his slip-ups. Lover by nature, he tries to avoid physical and violence the best that he can. Though if violence can’t be avoided then he’ll try his best to protect those he cares about or himself from being harmed. Caring by instinct, he would immediately put others before himself, so his icy demeanor is melted ever so slightly when there’s someone in need. Though that kindness can only be given to a certain extent feeling that he didn’t wish to feel used or spoiling.

Lifestyle: Evan is simply a Blitzball player, without much room made to excel in any other field. He has taken a few courses in self defense, however this resulted from an altercation with a former team mate of his. He simply enjoys having a good time, though not at the expense of others. Whenever he isn’t playing Blitzball or sparring, Evan prefers to spend his time relaxing by reading or seeing about his fans. He doesn’t consider himself an idol, though he does understand that many fans look up to him. So, rather than allowing his popularity to build without giving his thanks to such an audience, the youth goes out of his way to enjoy personal time with such people.

-Inventory-

Weapons
Spiked Gloves - These gloves are only worn whenever Evan feels threatened to the point in which a brawl may ensue. Constantly carrying them in his gym bag, he prefers to be ready at a moments notice. The gloves are black with a metal embracer worn directly over the knuckles. Protruding out from the embracer are four metal spikes whose colors are tinted silver.

Armor
None

Other
None

-Magic/Abilities/Skills-
Tidus's Skill set

Overdrive
Break The Silence - With a strong swing of his blade, Halo sends forth towards his enemy massive compacted energy. The thing about this attack is given by its title; it’s a silent attack and appears as very thin threads that go in parallel direction depending on where Evan fires it. When these threads hit any object within reach, it’ll release the compacted energy inside of it, creating a deafening sound towards the ears, and intense opposite force that could launch you several feet into the air, only promising that any injured bones would indeed shatter.

-Background-

Biography
Evan Laramie was born in Luca, adoring the game of Blitzball at a very young age. His father brought him up on it, having never actually been a player, he was a long time fan of the sport. Both himself and his father frequented Luca Goers matches whenever they could, given that it was their favorite team. It was always Evan’s dream to play in the same sphere as his favorite team. Who knew that such a dream would come true?

Other than Blitzball, Evan’s sense of elation grew whenever he spent time with his younger sister. His sister (Kaitlynn) was diagnosed with a rather curious illness at a young age. Evan’s family was informed that she could pass at any moment, so it would be best to keep her safe for as long as they could. She was always quite encouraging of Evan’s dream, which led him to hold the utmost respect for her. He could never understand why she was so happy in such a fragile state, but in the end it made him a better person.

Sadly, at the age of fourteen Kaitlynn passed away. This obviously upset Evan’s entire family, however it especially hit him hard. Just the day prevalent to hear death, she mentioned to him that he should try out for the Luca Goers the following week, given that they were holding tryouts. He hadn’t the confidence in himself to do so initially, however her words held depth and meaning to one such as he. Upon her demise, he swore that he would give it his best shot.

With just enough determination built up and pure inspiration dealt out by his family, Evan managed to make the team. Of course, he wouldn’t instantly replace those who started, rather he’d sit on the bench during games until he had proven his worth. Either way, Evan had achieved his childhood dream and felt on top of the world. The excited youth thought of his sister upon having been given the good news. She would indeed be proud.

Though Evan had made the team, matters would only fluctuate from that point on. The reigning captain (Bickson) was often enough arrogant, everyone on the squad was already aware of such a point. However, after years of having lost so many cup games he decided that it was time to call it quits. Without any warning whatsoever, he immediately released himself from the team and left them without a captain. This was puzzling to say the least for every player, as well as every fan.

A few players attempted to live out the captain role for a season or two, however they couldn’t handle the pressure. Their record dwindled at best, though it wasn’t quite as prestigious as they had once expected. Evan had a few seasons under his belt now and proved himself enough to start. This meant that he was in position for rotation as captain, to which most assumed he’d have a mental breakdown. However, he actually began a new era for the Goers, bringing back their former glory.

Finally, a trophy was now sitting safely in the Luca Goers locker room. Evan was often thanked for his leadership role in allowing the Goers to acquire such success. Often enough, he felt like a celebrity whenever he entered a town, an inn or even a temple. However, he didn’t let this get to his head, he felt that his team was far from perfect, and that they still had much more to work on. It seemed everyone was gratuitous of his work, all except for one anyway.

Following a home game, Evan had just finished changing out of his uniform and intended on departing. However, just as he set foot out of the locker room he was instantly met with a force which pushed him back. After recovering, he analyzed the opposing force as the former captain, Bickson. By the looks of it, he seemed to be inebriated. The youth attempted to talk some sense into the groggy individual, however these words meant nothing to him.

The only reason in which Evan could assess Bickson’s presence is that he was jealous. That more than likely drove him to drink himself into a stupor and seek out the captain. Evan was never the kind to fight, however he merely saw this as self defense. Another swift lunge could be seen coming from Bickson, Evan easily avoided such now that he was focused. He used Bickson’s momentum against him, pulling his arm toward his right side, allowing the young Blitzer to grab onto Bickson’s neck. After doing so, he immediately thrust his knee upward, meeting it with the former captain’s abdomen.

Such an attack sent him to the ground however, the commotion alerted staff members. Thankfully, they believed Evan’s words and hauled Bickson off. It was at that moment that Evan thought to better prepare himself for such situations and equip himself with proper weaponry suiting to his fighting style. He had handled himself quite well, however he assumed it wouldn’t be the last time he would have to deal with such people.

-Canon Character Audition Template-

Below you can see the template everyone will need to fill out before auditioning for a canon character in the rp. For those of you who don't know what a canon is, it's a character from the media that a forum is based around, which in this case if Final Fantasy X. Please refer to the canon list that I've included before auditioning before you post an audition. If a canon is taken and is also active, then you will not be able to audition for it. If however the owner of a canon has been inactive for a substantial amount of time, PM me and I shall look into the matter for you.

Remember, all canons are limited to what is on the list in this board; exclusively Final Fantasy X characters.

When it comes to making your audition, I request that you include as little of another canon character as possible to avoid confliction between certain views of how that other canon would be portrayed. I will judge you on your ability to express the inner and outer personality of the character you're auditioning for and pass judgment from there. Bear in mind that I expect people who role-play canon characters to role-play them to a fairly high standard, so I will judge your role-playing ability and the content of your post, including grammar and detail. I will inform you of anything that we don't like.

In the case of multiple people auditioning for the same character, I will be comparing auditions and the best audition will be selected, if I deem either of them to be good enough for the profile. Again, it will be the profile that meets my criteria. If the unlikely occasion arises that I'm stuck between two profiles, then I will ask you to role-play out a situation; the best portrayal of the character from there will be the one I select.

The amount of canons you can own will be limited to one, so pick whichever canon you wish very carefully and take your time when it comes to deciding. Plus, you can only audition for one canon character at a time.

Canon Character List
Tidus
Yuna
Auron
Wakka
Lulu
Kimahri
Rikku
Cid
Paine
Brother
Leblanc
Ormi
Logos
Nooj
Baralai
Gippal

(Character list is subject to change. Most notably dependent upon how many people apply for canons. Don't feel as if you may be lacking the proper quality for such a role, give it a shot. You'll never know until you try.)
Code:
[CENTER]Username:
Current Canons:
Canon Auditioning For:

Audition Post:

500 Word Minimum.
[/CENTER]
-Plot-

This plot takes place sometime after the events in X-2. Obviously, Tidus is back (Just going by the perfect ending in X-2) and everyone is living normal lives. Everyone who should be dead is dead so there will be no reviving of dead characters. Tidus, Yuna, Lulu, Kimahri, Paine and Wakka are living at Besaid Island. Rikku is staying with Brother and Cid of whom stay aboard the Gullwing, visiting frequently whenever they can.

The Leblanc Syndicate have made peace with the Guados and are sharing Guadosalam. Gippal, Nooj and Baralai are back at their respective bases, however they’re without even the slightest shred of hate toward those who opposed their ways before. So it's safe to say they're not causing any problems and are all peaceful. It's a peaceful planet, until now.

Amidst all the new factions throughout Spira, a new order have arisen. This order is known as 'Atrum Veneficus'. This group has long studied the arts of magic and originated directly after Tidus was freed from the Farplane. Seeing this as a sleight against the very purpose of the Farplane, which was made to punish those who lost their lives, this group grew in number and swore to vanquish those who went against such a purpose. This group is in no way evil, they are merely defenders of the planet swearing that the Farplane was created by it, and that it is their sworn duty to punish those who are released from it.

The plot cuts off into the rp just as the leader of Atrum Veneficus is informed of the whereabouts of Tidus. Their intention is to send him back to the Farplane naturally. Not by sending him, because technically he isn’t dead right now. Though, that can be arranged.

(Plot is subject to change, I will accept suggestions via PM. Do note that I will be controlling a member or two of Atrum Veneficus, most notably the leader.)​

Top Bottom