• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
One of my personal favorites was plowing through the Draklor laboratories with Zalera:
Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Zodiac Age has officially surpassed the 1 million mark for a total of physical and digital copies of the game sold. As a reward, they've released a remastered version of the game's intro menu, which should have been in the fucking game in the first place.

And also, a new piece of artwork by Isamu Kamikokuryo!

DNCGiPlUEAIExYc.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've said this before, but there are only two things that would make me happy when it comes to this game: a PC release and the ability to switch between the regular and Zodiac license boards. I expect the first one sooner or later but the latter will probably never happen.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Well, they've pretty much done FFXII/T: The Raid Series in FFXIV. I'd be very much surprised if they didn't follow that up with a release of FFXII for PC. Actually, I'd like them to do a PC port of Tactics too.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
No Steam release, the happy news was that they are patching in the sky pirates den, there's a 32% discount on it soon in Japan and there's a Viera theme for PS4. They also promoted the OST.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
New artwork from Hideo Minaba celebrating TZA's reaching over 1 million in sales. Seriously need this in a frame.

DPJ_MkMXkAA9KAm.jpg

And also a new trailer. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
No Steam release, the happy news was that they are patching in the sky pirates den, there's a 32% discount on it soon in Japan and there's a Viera theme for PS4. They also promoted the OST.
"We're adding something back to the remake that we cut from the original."

That's good, I guess. :closedmonster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The remaster didn’t have the den?

:closedmonster:

Here’s a good announcement, square
give me a free copy because I’m poor

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
The game will be #49.99 on Steam and as Flint mentioned, a 20% discount the first week of release. Will feature:

• 60FPS - Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
  • Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors - Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16x3):9 experience.
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
  • Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
  • Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
  • Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.

Source Article: https://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/1106/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-arrives-for-pc-on-february-1

Fangu

Great Old One
Hahaha they're adding cheats? And the original sound files? Well someone got creative...

(I mean it's kind of like the 9999 hit cheat in FFIX. First I loved it and then I realized it's cheating me of the real game experience. I understand the license thing was frustrating for a lot of people but being able to see all the licenses up front fixed that. Also, this means the only OP limitation is in the equipment, which unlocks as you move forward with the story. IMO the double job system was cheat more than enough.

... I think I'm just generally against "story mode", which this cheat is. Are we playing a game or not? You can look up all the cutscenes on YouTube ffs)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Just out of interest, what is the difference between the "original" and "soundtrack" options for the background music? Compression?

Fangu

Great Old One
Just out of interest, what is the difference between the "original" and "soundtrack" options for the background music? Compression?
From https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75558619:

"I believe Original is a reproduction of what the music and other effects sounded like coming from the PS2 sound card while OST is from the Original Soundtrack CDs. The difference would be like listening to an mp3 vs a CD. Some people will be able to hear a difference, especially with on decent audio equipment, while others will not."

*Shrug* Don't really see the point, but. Gotta catch'em all etc

Top Bottom