• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
also, i don't find penelo and vaan BF/GF but just friends? but i can't see any proof of their being "together" or just friends. anyone have any info on more?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I've been playing the game for about 40hs, 35 of those were using the speed up more (farming became less tedious).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
also, i don't find penelo and vaan BF/GF but just friends? but i can't see any proof of their being "together" or just friends. anyone have any info on more?

In addition to the explicitly romantic scene between them in "Revenant Wings," there was this in the first game:

ddssd74.jpg

ddssd75.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
this talk of vaan and panelo's relationship reminds me of how, when the game was still only in japanese, some people interpreted the ending as vaan leaving panelo because he was in an airship and she was looking up on the ground. despite her dialogue saying she was going too.

early info on japanese games from english fandoms can be misleading/just plain wrong

Fangu

Great Old One
this talk of vaan and panelo's relationship reminds me of how, when the game was still only in japanese, some people interpreted the ending as vaan leaving panelo because he was in an airship and she was looking up on the ground. despite her dialogue saying she was going too.

early info on japanese games from english fandoms can be misleading/just plain wrong
Them people ignored how Penelo very obviously is in Rabanastre in the end, and Vaan is flying back towards... Rabanastre.

That's funny.

I don't have a lot of ships for FFXII but Larsa and Penelo is one of them. She flits in and out of his life as a friend and he carries a torch for her into old age, and when they're both senior citizens she finally acknowledges her love for him and they settle down together in retirement and he can at last spoil her the way he's always dreamed of doing.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Them people ignored how Penelo very obviously is in Rabanastre in the end, and Vaan is flying back towards... Rabanastre.

That's funny.
i once saw someone trying to tell people that vaan was leaving without panelo, because he was piloting an airship with only one seat. despite the fact that you can see an empty seat next to vaan.

i can understand stuff like misunderstanding due to language (like
people claiming that zack says to cloud 'i'm entrusting aerith to you' in the end rather than just saying 'say hi to aerith'
). but this is like, ignoring the visual storytelling. maybe if panelo went to the hanger and saw vaan leaving, that would be something. but panelo is looking up at the doors which are opening (implying that vaan's going to land), with vaan flying towards the city in an airship with two seats. also she literally says she's going too.

idk if this was just vaan/ashe shippers reading what they wanted to see into it. at least with a stronger focus on simultaneous releases you get that less often. then you just get people claiming the english version changed it, which also happened with the crisis core thing.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
In addition to the explicitly romantic scene between them in "Revenant Wings," there was this in the first game:

ddssd74.jpg

ddssd75.jpg
i'm afraid i was confused at first until i read it two more times...i can see how that would be romantic now.

i once saw someone trying to tell people that vaan was leaving without panelo, because he was piloting an airship with only one seat. despite the fact that you can see an empty seat next to vaan.

i can understand stuff like misunderstanding due to language (like
people claiming that zack says to cloud 'i'm entrusting aerith to you' in the end rather than just saying 'say hi to aerith'
). but this is like, ignoring the visual storytelling. maybe if panelo went to the hanger and saw vaan leaving, that would be something. but panelo is looking up at the doors which are opening (implying that vaan's going to land), with vaan flying towards the city in an airship with two seats. also she literally says she's going too.

idk if this was just vaan/ashe shippers reading what they wanted to see into it. at least with a stronger focus on simultaneous releases you get that less often. then you just get people claiming the english version changed it, which also happened with the crisis core thing.
actually, i am a vaanxashe shipper and honestly thought they were going to like each other in around the middle of the game (when cid dies) :monster: but they are too far apart in age for me to get seriously upset about it.

still my shipping heart tells me that when vaan is old enough he and ashe get together and marry and all :monster:

but i never thought that vaan was leaving penelo, especially since she was waving at him as a means of "come back soon" rather than goodbye. it was obvious they were going to stay together at the end of the game, friends or not.

also, just so i can be sure, are baltier and fran together? they seemed among the realm of being friends hiding their feelings to revealing their feelings but there's nothing that really showed that to me (also it seems like ashe was marrying baltier????).
of course, there is this beautiful art (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Colored.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080316032723) that seems to be leaning in that direction but of course you can't depend on art alone in a game. you have to put context in it and all.

Vivi_Carol

Pro Adventurer

[url]http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ddssd74.jpg/img][/url]
[Img][url]http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ddssd75.jpg[/url][img][/QUOTE]
i'm afraid i was confused at first until i read it two more times...i can see how that would be romantic now.

[QUOTE="Strangelove, post: 787169"]
[spoiler]i once saw someone trying to tell people that vaan was leaving without panelo, because he was piloting an airship with only one seat. despite the fact that you can see an empty seat next to vaan.

i can understand stuff like misunderstanding due to language (like [spoiler=crisis core ending spoilers within these spoilers] people claiming that zack says to cloud 'i'm entrusting aerith to you' in the end rather than just saying 'say hi to aerith'[/spoiler]). but this is like, ignoring the visual storytelling. maybe if panelo went to the hanger and saw vaan leaving, that would be something. but panelo is looking up at the doors which are opening (implying that vaan's going to land), with vaan flying towards the city in an airship with two seats. also she literally says she's going too.

idk if this was just vaan/ashe shippers reading what they wanted to see into it. at least with a stronger focus on simultaneous releases you get that less often. then you just get people claiming the english version changed it, which also happened with the crisis core thing.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[spoiler] actually, i am a vaanxashe shipper and honestly thought they were going to like each other in around the middle of the game (when cid dies) :monster: but they are too far apart in age for me to get seriously upset about it.

still my shipping heart tells me that when vaan is old enough he and ashe get together and marry and all :monster:

but i never thought that vaan was leaving penelo, especially since she was waving at him as a means of "come back soon" rather than goodbye. it was obvious they were going to stay together at the end of the game, friends or not.[/spoiler]

also, just so i can be sure, are baltier and fran together? they seemed among the realm of being friends hiding their feelings to revealing their feelings but there's nothing that really showed that to me (also it seems like ashe was marrying baltier????).
of course, there is this beautiful art ([url]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/0/01/FFXII-BalthierFran_conceptColored.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080316032723[/url]) that seems to be leaning in that direction but of course you can't depend on art alone in a game. you have to put context in it and all.[/QUOTE]

If baltheir has deep feelings for some [B][I]bunny fucka[/I][/B], send his ass to the ward!

Vivi_Carol

Pro Adventurer
If it ain’t gay love, it ain’t love.
And vaan’s pretty damn gay! :whistle:
Yep with dat sweater vest. Baltheir is low key in the closet, but due to SE’s bitch ass wickedness, his sexuality was unable to be born properly. Which explains a possible fuck up the man’s brain to fall for some in human bunny bitch called a viera.
Sigh, when will se finally feature a final fantasy with mandatory gay characters.

Fangu

Great Old One
So I asked on Discord what role to pick for a "role only" playthrough, and @Minato picked out Machinist for me. Finished it a few days ago, it wasn't too much hassle, I could finish almost the entire game using bought guns, but I did spend 1,5 hours picking two Fomalhauts from the Cerobi Steppe, which made things a lot smoother. Didn't really have problems with the run, the only thing I could mention as pain was Ahriman, who barely takes any damage from guns. Had to restart and go back outside for Hi-Pots (my only healing item at this point) since I'd spent a good few farming in Sochen Cave Palace. Did do a bit of ATB reset for The Undying, but other than that it was pretty straight forward.
I didn't level too much but I had to level some for speed, defense + LP.
So when I was done with that, I had a chat with my boyfriend and we discussed what the most troublesome job to work with would be - I said Machinist probably would be one of the worst, but then we thought of White Mages, so I started a WM playthrough too. But turns out, Rods aren't bad at all for attacking. The best Rod you can get (not counting the Holy Rod) you can also buy (60 atk) so my thoughts so far is, this playthrough is slow, but perfectly doable. It would be a blast getting Reverse to use Curaga for damage, but you need 32 hunts to get Reverse in this fucking version :closedmonster:
Anyway this is perfect streaming material, I'm tempted to get back into it but not sure if cba. We'll see.

Fangu

Great Old One
Oh and @Minato the reason I was having issues in the beginning of the Machinist playthrough was because I was drunk and forgot to do the first round of Dustia leveling xD So I got stuck on the mandatory mob in the Nalbina dungeons, lol. If Vaan had Fire it would have been a piece of cake but it's trickier with melee only plus I ran out of potions.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Sorry to pop this in the Zodiac age thread, but I started replaying the original version last week, I stopped playing it years ago, never finished it because I didn't like the battle system and found it more tough to progress but well now I'm like what the hell was I missing all those years ago this game is bloody brilliant

I frigging love grinding out chaining levels for more loot, the gambit system and licence point system and the sheer amount of exploration so early in the game it has to offer, I keep asking myself why I put this game down so long ago.

When I complete it I can guarantee i'm going to want the Zodiac Age version.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yay for Sprites playing XII :monster:

So I finished the Machinist only playthrough, then started a White Mage only playthrough that I just finished. It was rather uneventful, the biggest pain by far was Mandragoras (due to lack of offense), so I had to grind for a little bit. Once I got to the levels that had me at decent strength, it was fine. Bacchus Wines did help out a little bit, plus getting Bravery in the Necrohol of Nabudis was definitely worth it, but other than that it was just Attack Attack Attack heal heal. Meh. Pharos + end game was fine maybe except for the third Bahamut fight - but nothing too bad. I did arse myself to get Holy in Pharos which I had some fun with in the Undying fight, but save for that I didn't really use it because 48 MP cost.
This playthrough was definitely more tedious than the Machinist playthrough though, which was actually a good bit of fun.

Soooo which job do I do next?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I wanna say Black Mage or Time (Battle)mage; I thought of Uhlan as well but, almost entirely restricted to offensive magic sounds like it could be more fun of a challenge.

I played this game alongside a couple other friends last year in August/September and I had so much fun, the job system really added a new challenge and I spent hours pouring over stuff online to try and figure out a good party that also fit my aesthetic ideas for the team; only restrictions I had was that I had to use all twelve jobs, and I also had to give everyone an esper. Also the friends taught me a fair bit more about the game and how to get really good gear at low levels, so there were even more challenges for me, which was so damn fun. :D

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Sorry to pop this in the Zodiac age thread, but I started replaying the original version last week, I stopped playing it years ago, never finished it because I didn't like the battle system and found it more tough to progress but well now I'm like what the hell was I missing all those years ago this game is bloody brilliant

I frigging love grinding out chaining levels for more loot, the gambit system and licence point system and the sheer amount of exploration so early in the game it has to offer, I keep asking myself why I put this game down so long ago.

When I complete it I can guarantee i'm going to want the Zodiac Age version.

This just fills me with joy. It's amazing how many didn't like XII when it came out, but years later they come back to it and found that it's aged like a fine wine. I'm glad you enjoyed it @Sprites! Zodiac Age is definitely worth playing it again!

Top Bottom