Final Fantasy XII

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Has anyone beaten Omega Mark XIII or whatever that is? It looks like a pain in the ass to go through the crystal. Is the fight worth it?

It depends on if you wish to reach Order of Ambrosia and/or gain the Wyrmhero Blade. :) As far as I know, that's it. If you don't wish to gain either of those things, then - it's probably not worth it.

Last edited:

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna
It depends on if you wish to reach Order of Ambrosia and/or gain the Wyrmhero Blade. :) As far as I know, that's it. If you don't wish to gain either of those things, then - it's probably not worth it.
Have you played it and was it enjoyable?

+omg how do you collect the sky pirate collectible that tells you you've collected all the maps? Do you have to really leave no area unexplored?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Have you played it and was it enjoyable?

+omg how do you collect the sky pirate collectible that tells you you've collected all the maps? Do you have to really leave no area unexplored?

I've not played against Omega Mark XII, so I can't answer your question about how enjoyable that was. I've never gotten the Order of Ambrosia either, so I can't tell you what happens there, or how enjoyable that is.

I can say I've beaten the story portion of the game, and it was very enjoyable. I also can say that I've played through the Subterra region of Pharos, as well as gotten all the marks for both the Clan hunts and the Phon Coast hunter's club. It was pretty fun.

I'm working towards Order of Ambrosia this time, so I can allow you to know what's what when I reach it.

Right now I'm in the Henne Mines trying to level up as well as fight Zodiark. I just ran all the way back through that part of the Mine because I didn't wish to risk loosing what I gathered making my way through there. ;)

I have four marks left before I'm finished with the Clan hunts; I have a few more for the Phon Coast hunts - I think twelve more marks? Somewhere around there.

If you were asking how enjoyable FFXII is overall - it's definitely enjoyable; the storyline may take a few times going through to get fully, but it's a good game packed with extras to keep a gamer busy. :)

PS: About the maps - yeah, you have to go everywhere, including Henne Mines and Subterra, Pharos.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
They sounded English to me

Larsa
The Senators
The Judges
Vayne (?)
The King
Dr. Cid
Balthier

Oh, them. I mean the actual people of the city, and I thought that's what you meant.

All characters with speaking parts in FFXII sounded British with the exception of Vaan, Penelo, and Ondore and his lies. :monster:

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
I've not played against Omega Mark XII, so I can't answer your question about how enjoyable that was. I've never gotten the Order of Ambrosia either, so I can't tell you what happens there, or how enjoyable that is.

I can say I've beaten the story portion of the game, and it was very enjoyable. I also can say that I've played through the Subterra region of Pharos, as well as gotten all the marks for both the Clan hunts and the Phon Coast hunter's club. It was pretty fun.

I'm working towards Order of Ambrosia this time, so I can allow you to know what's what when I reach it.

Right now I'm in the Henne Mines trying to level up as well as fight Zodiark. I just ran all the way back through that part of the Mine because I didn't wish to risk loosing what I gathered making my way through there. ;)

I have four marks left before I'm finished with the Clan hunts; I have a few more for the Phon Coast hunts - I think twelve more marks? Somewhere around there.

If you were asking how enjoyable FFXII is overall - it's definitely enjoyable; the storyline may take a few times going through to get fully, but it's a good game packed with extras to keep a gamer busy. :)

PS: About the maps - yeah, you have to go everywhere, including Henne Mines and Subterra, Pharos.
Well I've already beaten Yiazmat as far as hunts go. Getting the order of ambrosia is such a drag!! I'll try to get it when I can be arsed to.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'm working up to Yiazmat, got a long, long way to go though. My last major victory was against Ultima, she was a bitch with all those arena effects. ><

Is it true killing Yiazmat takes several hours? I've heard the tales...

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm working up to Yiazmat, got a long, long way to go though. My last major victory was against Ultima, she was a bitch with all those arena effects. ><

Most of the 'higher' espers have quirky little handicaps to their battles.

Well, if you haven't yet, Zodiark has a funny little way of quickly alternating between 'magic prone' and 'physical attacks prone' to where both have no effect on him. And it happens in the span of having a character ready up a magic against him; or start fighting him physically.

Anyhow, I'm proud of myself; I beat him in one shot last night! :D

Yiazmat does indeed take a few hours to best. He's got 50,000,000 (you are seeing right, and I did not accidentally add more zeros) HP! It's pretty repetative though; the BradyGames guide recommends having two characters be healers and putting the third character of the group in Beserk mode to just hammer away.

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
I have yet to beat her lol

It's true. It took me 8-9 hours. X_X I was level 80, 80, 81. It's a pretty boring battle until he gets to like 10 bars. Then the real fun begins!

The Joker

Why So Serious?
Final Fantasy XII is truly one of the better FF games out there today. Next to VI and VII of course. X wasn't too bad though...
DrakeClawfang said:
I'm working up to Yiazmat, got a long, long way to go though. My last major victory was against Ultima, she was a bitch with all those arena effects.
Ultima...ugh. She was a pain in the ass to fight. I wasn't fully aware how often she would change the field effects on me, and thus I found myself scrambling to change my strategy more than anything.
DrakeClawfang said:
Yeah...Yiazmat can be considered one of the more difficult bosses to beat...it's got over 50,000,000 HP and it's attacks are meant to piss off players to no end.

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Re: Yiazmat, you've got to give it to SE that at least he's repetative! :P

Anyone else try to gather up 99 Elixirs and Megalixirs? (If so, how?! Any fast, easy and fool-proof ways?)

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
I have yet to beat Yiazmat and Ultima, although story-wise I'm supposed to be in Giruvegan heading into the heart of the Great Crystal. As for Zeromus--I actually tried my hand at fighting him with my party mainly at Lvl. 61-64 but since I lacked the uh proper accessories my whole party perished at his hands. Graviga and that goddamn MP magick field never pissed me off so much until then. Once I equip my main party members with Power Armlets and Pheasant Netsukes which is an absolute must-have to intensify the effects of restorative items, then I'll be good. I can equip Bubble Belts on my tanks (Vaan and Ashe, believe it or not) and I'll have Penelo and Fran use Pheasant Netsukes since they're my defensive-mages.

Basch and Balthier are merely tank/back-ups so I'll need to equip them with Power Armlets and have them at the sidelines at the start-up of battle.

Currently I'm training up Fran and Penelo as a double-up team in: Paramina Rift, Golmore Jungle, Ozmone Plains, Sochen Cave Palace, the Feywood, and I'm planning to have them finish off ('cause hopefully they'll be at Lvl. 65-67 by then) at The Cerobbi Steppe because that place is still a challenege due to the sheer amount of enemies that spawn there.

Last edited:

The Joker

Why So Serious?
Anyone else try to gather up 99 Elixirs and Megalixirs? (If so, how?! Any fast, easy and fool-proof ways?)

Well...asides from using a cheat device, I don't know. I mean I'm sure there's some enemy out there that'll drop Elixirs or Megalixirs...been awhile since I played so I'm not entirely too sure there. >.<

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, I want a lot of elixirs and megalixirs for the Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat fights, as well as the ending fights of the game; not to forget Magick Pots, which are a major pain in the butt! There's really no easy way, as far as I came across - take one's chances with those coffers that offer it with a Diamond Armlet, and if it does't produce - start the game over and try again! *sigh* A lot of work.

It's amazing how I seem to always learn and find something new within these games. Final Fantasy VII seems to always show me something I didn't see before; Final Fantasy XII is following close in those footsteps! Last night I learned of some chocobo accessed trails that can make traveling the Cerobi Steppes so much easier! I had the game since it came out - playing it off and on since then too - and I never noticed!

:P :D

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I know this is totally perverted, but I just heard this and checked it, and it's true - You can look up Ashe's skirt.

Set the Battle system to Wait, remove Ashe's weapon so she's unarmed, and enter battle. Eventually she'll do some sort of kick attack, and if you press X to open up the command menu, the battle will freeze and you can quite clearly see Ashe is wearing red underwear.

It's stuff like this that makes me ponder the sanity of SE. Someone there actually programmed in a kick attack for Ashe that flashes her panties. Really, WTF?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I know this is totally perverted, but I just heard this and checked it, and it's true - You can look up Ashe's skirt.

Set the Battle system to Wait, remove Ashe's weapon so she's unarmed, and enter battle. Eventually she'll do some sort of kick attack, and if you press X to open up the command menu, the battle will freeze and you can quite clearly see Ashe is wearing red underwear.

It's stuff like this that makes me ponder the sanity of SE. Someone there actually programmed in a kick attack for Ashe that flashes her panties. Really, WTF?

Where were you when that whole drama about being able to look up Selphie's skirt in Kingdom Hearts went down?

And perversion is no fault of anyone's sanity :awesome:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm not seeing the problem here.

:P lol Yeah... From the mouths of babes. Or, from the mouth of a babe...

Honestly, I just think it's either 1) style or 2) the men involved.

Guys like to look up girls' skirts, that's all - or so I was told and learned at an early age.

Not everyone; but some guys do fit the bill.

Though, I too wonder why anyone would want to wear a skirt that short. Oh, they are out there, I've seen them (do not have the body to wear them), but I do not understand them.

"shrug* No biggie... :P It's like Tifa in FFVII...

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well what should they do?

Render no panties and make her commando, or just make it completely unrealistic and make under her skirt like a black, vacuous void? :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Isn't it like a Japanese thing where they are all obsessed with looking up a girl's skirt? Or some such?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wouldn't say its a "Japanese" thing.

It's a horny male thing. :awesome:

But seriously, would you rather her commando?! You perv!

Top Bottom