• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So, now that I have finally surpassed the point in which my memory card died the first time I was playing FFXII, I decided to make a thread about said game for help, discussion, etc. :monster:

First thing I want to know is, at what level is it safe to start taking on elementals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Re: FF12

I was like level 50-60 when I started fucking those bitches up.

I got so tired of them attacking me when I was chaining shit.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

I used to find it amusing walking around then suddenly this giant glowing orb would appear out of nowhere. You'd be tempted to give it a whack just to see if you could take it, but you're never quite sure whether to.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I'd do that, just hit them, then think "shit, I'm not running away fast enough!!"

Then 5 levels later, think I could take them on again.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~

Tis a good game, but my PS2 is having a hard attack so I'll need to get a new one (or, more likely a PS3) to get back into this game.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

You can't play this on Ps3.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

It depends on which on you buy. They had taken BC off, but maybe they'll be putting it back in the newer models?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

No plans to at this time.

You can buy a BC model off ebay or somewhere, but it'll cost you, and you can't buy them from retailers anymore.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

I love FF12 :monster:

I think I was around level 45-50 until I actually started to take on the elementals. I just remember being the Yensa desert place, increasing my chain level because there's a shit load of Yensa people... then frantically running away when I saw big giant glowing thing D:

The 60 GB model has the best backwards compatability. The 80 GB models have BC too, but the graphics look slighlty less nice, and I've heard there can be some glitching when playing PSX/PS2 games. I bought the Metal Gear Solid bundle, and that model has BC (it's the 80 gig model). I dunno if you can get those anymore though...

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

I have a 80GB PS3, and I can't play PS2 games...or at least the ones I've tried. PS1 games work though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Don't the Metal Gear Solid PS3's have backwards compatibility? I heard they do.

I sure as hell hope so cause that's the one I intend to get.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

That doesn't really tell me which one is the Metal Gear Solid 3 model though :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

4, and I heard those aren't.

But people are saying they are, but I don't really buy it.

Seems like a retarded oversight when BC models aren't even in production, and Sony won't fix them for you.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=340.msg8620#msg8620 date=1232054600]
That doesn't really tell me which one is the Metal Gear Solid 3 model though :monster:
[/quote]

You're not looking hard enough :monster:

40 GB
(PAL, NTSC)

CECHGxx, CECHHxx

Piano Black
Ceramic white
Satin silver
Gun-Metal Gray

PS2 compatibility
No

Gun-Metal Gray model is only available as part of the MGS4 bundle.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

OH! Okay!

Well fuck. I'm screwed. I guess I'll either get one from ebay or just keep my PS2 hooked up. What a crock of shit. What the hell is wrong with Sony?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

How hard is it to include backwards fucking compatibility? How is that expensive? Just include PS2/PS1 emulation software.

If they're hemorrhaging money that badly they can't even do that, then they should really look at themselves and fix something or just step out. It's sad.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

What Sony needs is a better marketing team. And I think, as weird as it may sound, that if Sony had kept the same font for the PS3 as they had for the PS2 in the logo it might have seemed a little more fan friendly (lol marketing). That and stop trying to make it out to be a computer instead of a gaming console. I already have a desktop PC and a Mac laptop, why would I want another computer for internet browsing? I just want to play the games.

What was my topic about?Oh yeah, FFXII. lol

I tried to take on Trickster and all my characters are in the lower 30's with Basch being the highest at 32 and poor Penelo only being 28. I was thisclose to killing that damn thing, and then I died. D:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=340.msg8628#msg8628 date=1232055450]
How hard is it to include backwards fucking compatibility? How is that expensive? Just include PS2/PS1 emulation software.

If they're hemorrhaging money that badly they can't even do that, then they should really look at themselves and fix something or just step out. It's sad.
[/quote]

It's not fucking easy with the architecture of the console ngr.

It's not hard to read up on, hell the backwards compatibility in the old models was pretty shit anyway.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Wtfux? I bought the MGS4 bundle, and I could play Resident Evil 4 just fine on the Gun-Metal Gray. The graphics looked a little shittier, but I still could play it.

I just went to test it... and FF7 works fine too, even though it's very pixelated. Wiki is either wrong or... they've changed the model at some point.

As for FFXII... Unfortunately, I haven't completed my FFXII game :(. I tried to aim for a perfect game on my first run through, then forgot to steal the Genji armour set from Gilgamesh and saved over. I've been too discouraged to touch it ever since.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I have only played three Final Fantasies so far, VII, IX and XII. VII is my favorite, for several reasons, but XII is a good game too - my second favorite. Of course, out of three - it's kind of pointless to rate and rank huh? IX I primarily picked up because two friends recommended it; while it's not a bad game by far, I am not - that into it. :-\

Final Fantasy XII is great in the graphics arena, as far as I'm concerned. I really liked the interaction between random people in different cities and areas in the world one can go. The side missions are pretty neat, giving a boost and an incentive to level up and stay in areas a bit longer than storyline dictates; that or return, again moreso than storyline dictates. I really liked the club journal that was kept on the enemies and animals one fought against.

Reading around from some others here and elsewhere, it sounds like the battle system is sort of a highly debatable topic as to it's difference and usefulness in battles. Personally, I find the battle system much more real (everyone fights and enemies attack at the same time) than VII's turn based system, but the gambits are again a complexity that sort of dulls the experience. Also, while keeping gambits on is a good thing, it does cause problems - especially when it came to enemies that I am not ready to battle yet.

I find it's weakness is in the story itself. I just get confused trying to put it all together. I guess if I actually thought it out, I'd understand more than I do on the spur of the moment - but it's complex. It's almost like mini-stories (per each character) wrapped up into one main story - that just gets convoluted. I feel it could have dealt with a good amount more cleaning up and fleshing out - even if that meant more gameplay to the story/a longer game in the end. I rather understand the larger pictures than get lost in it's myriad of details and missions.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=340.msg8486#msg8486 date=1232005210]First thing I want to know is, at what level is it safe to start taking on elementals?[/quote]

For safety's sake, I say I'm a bad gamer, 'cause I do not do this all the time; for a few good hours, once I start, and sometimes a few days in a row, but it's in spurts. In this, I will say be above the elemental's level, which is 45. That's what's worked for me, at least so far; I know nothing about cheats and such - just good ol' fashioned hard work in leveling a character up.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=340.msg8688#msg8688 date=1232063672]I tried to take on Trickster and all my characters are in the lower 30's with Basch being the highest at 32 and poor Penelo only being 28. I was thisclose to killing that damn thing, and then I died. D:[/quote]

I hate - one of the zombie rare creatures encountered later in the game... Starts with a 'D'... Anyhow - gods, this thing is a pain in the ass big time! It gets faster as you bring its health down, and while it's weak/prone/whatever to Holy - Holy does not do much at all. *sigh* :(

Top Bottom