• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Spoiler Thread)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, Omega is out in Japan. Teak is now playing against the monster.

Think one of Final Fantasy XII zombie bosses from Bujerba - getting faster when low on health.

It seems one of the three areas before the start of the game (on the map) is a, if not the, coliseum.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've never been overly concerned with spoilers, but it does amaze me how people like Splintered and Tres literally view the entire game and its story and are still willing to play through it.

It's easy enough for a game that will be at least a little satisfying in the end -- and if it won't be, it had better have some epic gameplay to make up for it. KHII, Dirge of Cerberus, Dissidia, Assassin's Creed, the first Gears of War, even the first FFXIII -- they all deserved a playthrough or two despite having watched them in their entirety (sometimes in more than one language) before I ever played them.

FFXIII-2 deserves only my contempt, though. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
And Teak now has control of Omega! ^_^

Also, I found this interesting:

These are the words sung in Caius' theme.

Dea Mortis
juravi Carissimam servaturum
Dea Mortis, servabo
Ut tempora recte ducan Etsi cor in Chao
Aut Fortuna bella ferat
Occurram et obviam ibo.

Translation

Goddess of Death
I will keep My vow my beloved
Goddess of Death
I will see to it That time is steered in the right direction

Though I am drawn by the heart of Chaos
Or beautiful Fortune, I shall bear it Those shall I meet and face

Makes me think the spirit behind him is in some way endeared towards Etro.

But then again, this is Caius we're talking about. :awesome:

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Some of the sound effects sound like they're taken from Star Wars.

Of course, I guess it's debatable if XIII-2 went to the Dark Side or not, right?

:monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Teak and Leta didn't fight the white chocobo until end game when they needed the last fragment, so probably.

Omega apparently didn't take long to beat, but he's trying to fight one of the secret cieth now, and with the speed option on it looks insane.

Here's to hoping one of the node's is an epic dlc of Sazh ;__;
I've never been overly concerned with spoilers, but it does amaze me how people like Splintered and Tres literally view the entire game and its story and are still willing to play through it.
:>

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. I was really looking forward to playing this, but that was before I found out that it's a 60+-hour commercial for another game.

I've already decided that I'm definitely not getting it. Just when I was starting to feel more optimistic about SE's approach to game design too.

But that was my mistake -- fable about the frog and the scorpion, and all that jazz.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Now, after spoiling myself with nearly every detail I could...

...I'm kinda glad they mantained Sazh far away from this. :monster:

No but seriously, do we really need a XIII-3? Couldn't they just make a good sequel and nothing more? Was a real conclusion too much to ask? Dunno, all this feels like cheap milking. I'm not even intrigued.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. I was really looking forward to playing this, but that was before I found out that it's a 60+-hour commercial for another game.

A 60+-hour commercial that you have to pay for.

5qtM3.gif

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I guess I'm showing how naive I am, and my n00b-ness by saying...

I still have hopes the game will prove worthwhile.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, I do hope you'll still feel satisfied with it in the end. And, really, that goes for all of you who go ahead and buy it at this point.

If it at least gave us some Fanille, I could maybe forgive the sequel wanking. =(

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Tales of Xilia (I don't play Tales, but they're not exactly bad games anyway) outsold XIII-2 on its' first week. To put it bluntly, XIII-2 sold approximately 1/3 of what X-2 sold.

Yes, I'd say Final Fantasy is moving towards the Dark Side. And I'm not sure they can save it.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Read about the endings yesterday

They said they wanted an ending on which Lightning could finally be happy. I don't see where's the happiness on having your sister killed, and yourself crystallized on a throne, though :/

Sooo... do you think there will be a search and rescue party in the third installment? (if there's such a thing, I mean)

Or...

Will Lightning be rescued in Versus and then join Noctis? after punching his lights out for waking her up :awesome:

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Flan ending is the only satisfying one. You actually FEEL you accomplished something there...

"Ha! I'm a flan now! Fuck you Caius, and fuck you too Lightning! FUCK YOU, FINAL FANTASY, I'M OUT OF THIS SHIT!"

In fact, a FFXIII-3 where you play as flans sounds like a pretty brilliant idea. They could use Sazh's afro like their motherbase.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
All I can say about what we've seen thus far, etc.: I don't know.

As said, I'm going to buy it, and play it. I'm sure I'll be frustrated with it when it comes to some battles...

Still, to see the (official) English translations will be good. No offense meant to those kind and hard working souls who translate for us now.

I guess some of us are learning what it felt like when Aerith was killed in VII. I for one see that as a fitting analogy.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm not going to buy this game, but I'd definitely rent it to see if I like it. It looks really fun and a lot better than XIII (despite the bad ending), so even though I might be disappointed by that aspect at least the gameplay and extra stuff makes it worth it. Not worth buying because I don't know how the game's going to be (not watching the stream and reading all of the spoilers like you guys XD) but yeah. It's just not something I would be willing to risk wasting 60.00 on.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I already got it since Its fully paid but bleh, whatevers. I want to play as Serah and listen to Jason Marsden (Just found out he played as Pater from ROF) I spoil myself because what I really love is playing the game.
And so far its been what? A week? I'm pretty sure they haven't got all the endings... Catherine's took me more than a week

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
There's an ending counter in the menu somewhere, and it counts Leta as having all the endings, so yeah, that's pretty much it.

I ain't even mad tho, the point of the XIII series was to get into the whole mythology behind FNC and it's only just started (this is really only the second game in the compilation anyway -- type-0 barely counts and who knows what's happening with versus).

i'll be getting it cause
+ i like the gameplay
+ i get to run around time and explore and adventure thank god
+ i like the characters (noel reminds me of zidane in that he's one of the few ff male leads i don't want to strangle)
+ the story so far from what i've gathered/read is actually....less convoluted than what i expected from an ff time travel game (maybe cause toriyama didn't write it l o l). it's pretty straightforward so far and i didn't need anyone to pull up a datalog to explain what was happening. i might have a different opinion once i have it but so far it's about what i expected???
+ reasons

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
+ i like the characters (noel reminds me of zidane in that he's one of the few ff male leads i don't want to strangle)
Yeah Noel turned out much better than I thought he would. He annoyed the crap out of me pregame I don't know why, but I kind of like how straight forward he is in the game. It was good to keep the story moving.

idk, I want this game bad. Don't really feel the need to justify it, it just clicks for me. COME TO BE TERRIBLE CHEESY DIALOGUE, I'm ready to pokemans you bastards.

Top Bottom