• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

He's seriously the best character design I've seen from the series in a long, long, time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I'm also very glad Nomura did something so radically different. I think he looks cool and its great seeing a cast that looks truly different in terms of who's apart of it.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer

I'm probably only going to play Agito initially since I don't own a PS3 or a 360. *Sigh.*

But I do approve of the new character. That baby chocobo is adorable. :monster: And his hair is awesome. I already want to see some cosplay.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do

Im really not liking the new character. He reminds me of Chris Rock mixed with Eddie Murphy...two people I cant stand.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

I don't see how anyone could like that character, I mean really just look at him. The only good thing about the design is the Chocobo baby.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Chris Rock...mixed with Eddie Murphy. Wow.

I don't think he looks fucking awesome, but I like that he's different and just not another sexy bishounen male character. I personally think Kiros from FFVIII looks 1000x better, or hell even Barret, but I don't think this FFXIII guy is stupid either.

I guess I'm just in the middle. I applaud Nomura being different but I want his character to be cool too. I'm not too worried though.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

I don't see what's wrong with him. At worst he's just a regular dude. At best he's a refreshing new look for a series that's criticized for it's tired character designs. I mean does everyone have to look 'cool'? That's the biggest problem I have with Japanese character design.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Regular dood? Lol.

I'd want him to look normal as opposed to this shit.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

He looks regular to me, to be honest. As long as he doesn't act like a stereotype in the game, he won't be one.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

[quote author=Dacon link=topic=143.msg8382#msg8382 date=1231977919]
Regular dood? Lol.

I'd want him to look normal as opposed to this shit.
[/quote]

How normal can you make him look with the games setting the way it is?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

He does not look regular at all to me. He's not the kind of person you'd normally see at all.

You have a bizarre opinion of regular.
How normal can you make him look with the games setting the way it is?

Plenty of RPGs have normal looking people in strange settings.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

Okay, I see what you mean; his hair is pretty funny looking, and he's wearing a weird shade of green with a funny looking coat. But at worst he's just a black guy with a weird afro wearing a funny coat. He doesn't look TOTALLY BIZARRE or anything.

I totally agree, but name some.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=143.msg8389#msg8389 date=1231978224]
But at worst he's just a black guy with a weird afro wearing a funny coat. He doesn't look TOTALLY BIZARRE or anything[/quote]

His design is just too extreme for me. He just looks way too much like what is presumed to be the average black man by a lot of people.

That's just how I feel.

I totally agree, but name some.
[/quote]

FF8 for one, and if you agree why do I need to name some?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

His design is just too extreme for me. He just looks way too much like what is presumed to be the average black man by a lot of people.

That's just how I feel.

Dude, nobody thinks that a guy dressed like that with that hair is an average black man, even in Japan. As far as his actual face goes, he DOES look like...an average black man! He is the least extreme character design I've seen in about ten years (since Cid Highwind, actually) because of how average he looks. Seriously, minus the clothes and the hair I swear I've seen the guy walking down the street.

FF8 for one, and if you agree why do I need to name some?

FF8 had a bunch of freakshows, man. Almost nobody in that game looked really normal. And I agree, but I asked you because I figured you were going to name a game like FF8.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

As far as his actual face goes, he DOES look like...an average black man! He is the least extreme character design I've seen in about ten years (since Cid Highwind, actually) because of how average he looks. Seriously, minus the clothes and the hair I swear I've seen the guy walking down the street.

Average black people do not look like that. You make it sound like they all generally have the same features when they don't.

And I heavily disagree. Wtf is extreme about CID?

FF8 had a bunch of freakshows, man. Almost nobody in that game looked really normal. And I agree, but I asked you because I figured you were going to name a game like FF8.

What the fuck, freakshows? Selphie, Irvine, hell even Zell were pretty tame. The villains in that game were the freakshows.

So, you just made a pointless assumption huh? Nice.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

Average black people do not look like that. You make it sound like they all generally have the same features when they don't.

I didn't say all average black men look like that. I said he looks like an average black man. Why isn't that an average look for a black man?

And I heavily disagree. Wtf is extreme about CID?

No I was saying SINCE Cid, as in; Cid was normal and he was the last one since.

What the fuck, freakshows? Selphie, Irvine, hell even Zell were pretty tame. The villains in that game were the freakshows.

Selphie, eh...Irvine looked like Michael Jackson in an anime-esque cowboy clothes, and Zell had an unreal haircut with a tattoo on his face that the average person doesn't have. Ward and Laguna, eh, they're pretty normal.

So, you just made a pointless assumption huh? Nice.

Well, I was correct about the game I assumed you were going to mention.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I'm..not sure what you mean by "freakshow" in regards to FFVIII. They looked pretty normal. Well normal for FF...There's nothing freakish about them. They're pretty human.

And I don't think the FFXIII guy passes for a normal or "typical" black person. For one, you can't just categorize people like that. He just looks "regular" as in he isn't an unrealistically beautiful, and gorgeous bishounen that's seen usually in FF.

But if he ends up acting like a bad, goofy black guy stereotype then we'll have a problem. The actions, matching that appearance would be bad.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

I'm..not sure what you mean by "freakshow" in regards to FFVIII. They looked pretty normal. There's nothing freakish about them.

I take that back. Although there were a few weirdos in the game, most of them did look RELATIVELY normal.

And I don't think the FFXIII guy passes for a normal or "typical" black person. For one, you can't just categorize people like that.

Yes you can, and to say otherwise is politically correct bullshit. There is such a thing as a fictional character looking like an average, typical, real life person.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

I didn't say all average black men look like that. I said he looks like an average black man. Why isn't that an average look for a black man?

Who decides what qualifies as a average black man as far as facial features go? There are stereotypical opinions that they all have big lips big noses and brown hair. Same for white people having blonde hair and blue eyes, or all asians having really slanted eyes. But who sets the standard?

No I was saying SINCE Cid, as in; Cid was normal and he was the last one since.

Well I still disagree.

Selphie, eh...Irvine looked like Michael Jackson in an anime-esque cowboy clothes, and Zell had an unreal haircut with a tattoo on his face that the average person doesn't have. Ward and Laguna, eh, they're pretty normal.

I see no resemblance to Micheal Jackson, and Zell's hair or tattoo are not unreal. I've seen that same tattoo on a lot of people who are fans of the game, or just the design.

Well, I was correct about the game I assumed you were going to mention.

Still pointless, FF8 has normal looking characters in a fantastical setting.
But if he ends up acting like a bad, goofy black guy stereotype then we'll have a problem. The actions, matching that appearance would be bad.

That's my problem, that's how he looks imo. Like a huge goofball.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

It's not politcally correct bullshit, its just the truth :monster:

I don't think there's any consensus on a general template of a black man. Or what makes a black person black save for..black skin.

You can say he passes for a normal looking black person, which he kinda does, but that's not saying he's a typical black person. There isn't some statistical majority of black people that resemble this guy, LOL.

Top Bottom