• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Okay, so who wants to see the final cutscene of the game?

Link is below, hidden behind three spoiler tags.

It's pretty fucking awesome. Of course, that's being said without having seen most of the rest, but still. :P

I'm moved and I don't even know the story yet. XD

EDIT: And here's a link to a translation of the text from the scene right before the final battle:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showpost.php?p=254661&postcount=2

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I understand not caring too much about spoilers, but why would you want to see the final scene without having seen the rest of the game?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I understand not caring too much about spoilers, but why would you want to see the final scene without having seen the rest of the game?

I'm not sure how to answer in a way that isn't quite obvious; i.e. "Because I don't care about spoilers" or "I wanted to see how it ends." XD

I guess I'm more interested in how stories are told than in the timing of when I receive details about them? Maybe that stems in part from having always loved history, where you typically get the bullet points before you get the fluff.

I'm sure it also has a lot to do with my love of stories in general, and my deep interest in the techniques used to tell them well.

For instance, the death of Aerith has always fascinated me more for the reasons it was included and how we'd just been treated to "death of a party member isn't a big deal" with Cait Sith No. 1 and No. 2 shortly before than for the fact that it happens

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Seems Vanille and Fang are pretty tight. There's a whole bunch of yuri fanfiction that's gonna come from this game, you know that right? I'll also call SnowxHope as a yaoi pairing that people will inexplicably jump on. Write that down, SnowxHope will be very popular.

EDIT - someone on the FF Wiki said they hate the ending, "worst in the series". They cannot speak Japanese though, and so based their opinion solely on the cutscene's events.....

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I'm not sure how to answer in a way that isn't quite obvious; i.e. "Because I don't care about spoilers" or "I wanted to see how it ends." XD

I guess I'm more interested in how stories are told than in the timing of when I receive details about them? Maybe that stems in part from having always loved history, where you typically get the bullet points before you get the fluff.

I'm sure it also has a lot to do with my love of stories in general, and my deep interest in the techniques used to tell them well.

For instance, the death of Aerith has always fascinated me more for the reasons it was included and how we'd just been treated to "death of a party member isn't a big deal" with Cait Sith No. 1 and No. 2 shortly before than for the fact that it happens

I see what you mean, but personally I don't want to be spoiled because I like to know the facts of a story in order, or it wouldn't make sense to me. I read LOTR knowing already that it was Gollum who destroyed the Ring,losing his life in the process, but that didn't make me lose interest in the story. Watching the final cutscene wouldn't make sense to me if I don't know what happened before and what is being said, so that's why I keep me away from clicking on the spoiler tags and away from the Wiki until I can read a decent script of the game or watch a decently translated video about it.

This said, I have only three questions about the characters I like most:
Does Cid die? Does Yaag die? Are they permanent deaths? :(

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
This said, I have only three questions about the characters I like most:
Does Cid die? Does Yaag die? Are they permanent deaths? :(

I think so. Yes, in a very honorable way. Yes, I think so.

That said, I agree with Tennyo's sugestion to make a separate spoiler thread.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I'm a bit disappointed with Jihl's character in the game.

Apparently, she only has a minor role and is killed in the middle of the game and in a not so honorable way (shot in the back by Galenth).

There's not even a boss battle against her. I was expecting to fight her at least once in the game, if not with the party, at least with Sahz, since she was one of the central characters in Sahz's chapter in the "Episode Zero" novella.

But, apparently, she only appears a few times in the game before being killed. D:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Well that's fucking lame. I was hoping for more from her.

Still hope Yaag's presence is significant at any rate. Been looking forward to him.

He outlives Jihl and fights the party one or two times. He had an honorable death, at least from my point of view. :monster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I have some questions:

1) Who is the main villain of the game?
Keep in mind that when I say "main villain" I'm not refering necessarily to the end boss.
I mean, I want to know who is the 'Kuja' of the game, not the 'Necron'(if there is one).

2) If there is a 'Necron', who/what is he/she/it?

shenron118

Lurk mode: ON
I have some questions:

1) Who is the main villain of the game?
Keep in mind that when I say "main villain" I'm not refering necessarily to the end boss.
I mean, I want to know who is the 'Kuja' of the game, not the 'Necron'(if there is one).

2) If there is a 'Necron', who/what is he/she/it?

1) I'm pretty sure the main villain is Galenth Dysley, the priest-like guy from the last trailer.

2) I would consider Ophan, the final boss, to be the Necron of the game, because he only appears at the end of the game. Unlike Necron, Ophan is mentioned before he's fought.

If this is wrong, feel free to correct me. I watched some of the livestream, but I know very little Japanese.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Christ, winter was showing me some pics from the game. Fang and Vanille have a more obvious relationship than Cloti O_O

Lightning

AKA
CrimsonLight
I think so. Yes, in a very honorable way. Yes, I think so.

How did they die? I've read that
Cid survived being a Cie Corpse and was shot later on by Rygdea. As for Yaag, he committed suicide. Oh wait, I shouldn't put this inside a spoiler tag anymore, right? XD
from here. Is this true? :O

Lindblum looks awesome(it's HUGE!), btw. I thought it was a Fal'Cie or something when I first saw it
082.jpg
:awesome:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
How did they die? I've read that
Cid survived being a Cie Corpse and was shot later on by Rygdea. As for Yaag, he committed suicide. Oh wait, I shouldn't put this inside a spoiler tag anymore, right? XD
from here. Is this true? :O

Yeah. I'm not sure about Cid's death, but that's the way Yaag dies.

Top Bottom