• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Lex

Administrator
MY HANDS

YOUR HANDS

Sorry don't mind me I was just reliving the masterful ending of this game through YouTube, shedding some tears etc.

Lex

Administrator
It's funny because I remember prior to XIII's release some site posted it and was like "THEY'RE CHANGING THE XIII ENDING SONG TO SOME POP TRASH" and I listened to it and went... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waiiiiiii the pandering waiiiiii

Then I played the game and fell in love with the song. It's fucking perfect. I actually prefer it so much to the Japanese one.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
It's funny because I remember prior to XIII's release some site posted it and was like "THEY'RE CHANGING THE XIII ENDING SONG TO SOME POP TRASH" and I listened to it and went... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waiiiiiii the pandering waiiiiii

Then I played the game and fell in love with the song. It's fucking perfect. I actually prefer it so much to the Japanese one.

Felt the same way.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I liked the song too; I was actually excited to hear it play for the ending when I first heard a little sample. Oh man, I remember that giddy feeling I had when I saw the trailers for XIII on tv with that song... :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have more of an emotional connection to the japanese version because that's the one that played in my game so it's tied up with all the feelings i had from the game, but i like the english song as a song as well

though i could never get into the english theme for ffxiii-2, i just like mai fukui's voice a lot more

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I just thought about this

If Etro sends the eidolons to l'Cie when they're at their lowest then how did Shiva and Odin appear for Snow & Light if they weren't too devastated?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
tumblr_nya5v0efI51rd83duo2_400.jpg

Arrived today. Kinda small.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

If Etro sends the eidolons to l'Cie when they're at their lowest then how did Shiva and Odin appear for Snow & Light if they weren't too devastated?
I don't remember everything perfectly, but in Snow's case, hadn't Serah just become a crystal?
tumblr_nya5v0efI51rd83duo2_400.jpg

Arrived today. Kinda small.

It's thick as hell and packed to the brim with content, though, right? Ultimanias are almost always small in terms of page size, but don't take that as an indication about what's inside.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

Snow was engaged in what he thought was a futile last stand against a massive army, defending what he thought was the frozen corpse of his fiance, and it looks like he was starting to get tired.

Light had been involved in a string of running battles all day, lost her sister and her town, and by her own estimation, could 'barely keep myself alive, never mind some kid!" She knew she was basically on a suicide mission at that point, but was going along with it to keep the grief and from crushing her, and Hope falling behind drove home how long her odds were.

Snow and Light aren't quite as demonstrative as the others, but they were still in pain

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I was playing the ending of XIII today, expecting to be disappointed, I wanted to see if it was really identical to Returns.

Result: It's even better than I expected!

Changing back from Cie'th the first time is dismissed as more 'Fal'Cie smoke and mirrors', allowing for the possibility of Orphan messing with them by illusions like Barthandelus did with crystal Dajh and Serah.

Fang is pretty conflicted, at one point she even turns on Vanille to save the world. She got to be a bit one note in the sequels.

Orphan doesn't underestimate the power of humans, when the gang start talking about it, he/she basically says "Yeah, I know, that's the entire point, haven't you been listening to anything that we've been saying?"

And then wipes the floor with them.

Crystallising Cocoon is a great third option, saving it and destroying it in one stroke and thus fulfilling the focus while saving as many people as possible.

Returning from crystal is the one thing that doesn't fit, but the voice over implies it to something Fang and Vanille had a hand in, not some goddess we know nothing about.

A good bittersweet ending, with some loss, some good results, and lots of challenges ahead. There were so many ways sequels could have gone in a sequel that weren't 'suddenly, Lightning got sucked into a black hole'. I didn't hate the sequels, but I think there were better options to take the story.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So I got back into this because I've got like 5 achievements to before I complete the game (and I want to free up space on my hard-drive). And becasue LR is now out for PC.

And I'm kinda running into the problem of where to farm for gil in the post-game period. I've already got a Trapezohedron, so that lets me get more of them so long as I have gil to spare. But I kinda need a good source of that...

Skill-wise, I'm fine and can take down Adamatortise's no-problem...

Lex

Administrator
I farmed the one in Eden for platinum ingots (collector catalog equipped - connoiseur catalogue slighty increases trap probability but by the time you've farmed enough plat ingots you'll have the traps anyway, and the one in eden is faster than on Pulse because you can respawn him by save/ reloading or just running to the door and back again). It also has a slightly higher drop rate than those on pulse. There are other methods (like digging with the chocobo), but that's the one I used.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I can't get to Eden (except the final dungeon) anymore... I'm in post-game after you defeat the boss the first time and can get everyone up to Lvl. 5 in their roles...

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I can't get to Eden (except the final dungeon) anymore... I'm in post-game after you defeat the boss the first time and can get everyone up to Lvl. 5 in their roles...

You can, leave Orphan's final area and there's two teleport thingys, one takes you to Gran Pulse and the other to Eden near the entrance.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Weee! Everyone's CP has been maxed out.

My main team of Fang, Lighting and Snow have the ultimate versions of my favorite weapons made. And I've found out why there are three Gengi Gloves in the game; when everyone is in the Comando role, Lighting and Snow are hitting their damage cap just with normal attacks in some cases. Now I just need to get the rest of the weapons, get the ultimate versions of Vanille, Shazh and Hope's weapons, and upgrade everything for the Treasurer Hunter achievement.

On the other hand, this now means I can equip both Catalouges at the same time because the Growth Egg is no longer needed...

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
In the ultimania, what does the text say on page 53 for pictures 3 through 6?

Fangu

Great Old One
So I was thinking the other day that I wish, in several years from now when XIII is starting to age a bit and they're remastering it for a new console or whatnot, that they make a version where they spend some time finishing up the stuff they had to boot because they were seriously out of time. Like the jumping, the colosseum/ training grounds, and especially the airship. I feel so sad every time I see the airship at the end of chapter 11 when I think about how that could have been a way to go back to several areas on Cocoon (and Gran Pulse) and not just a one way trip to Eden.

I know it's never going to happen because final version is final version, but still. One can wish.

Lex

Administrator
This is an excellent analysis of why the disconnect between the characters and the plot is such an issue for so many people who experienced XIII:

The issue with being bombarded with terminology is also mentioned. I can't remember who it is that vehemently defends this aspect of the game, but it IS a problem with how dialogue in this game is written.

EDIT: Jump to 56:05 for an almost verbatim explanation of what I've been saying ad nauseum since this game was released.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've been playing XIII intermittently over the last week, it's crazy how much more sense shit makes on the second playthrough when you have a clue what everything means, lol

Top Bottom