• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm fairly certain Noctis is a dude.

Edit:Combat looks absolutely incredible in this game, as does general moving about. Come on SquareEnix, make a comeback and start being great again. You're well on your way!

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Honestly, in comparison to the old Versus trailer, this new one has at least managed to spark some of my interest.

But I'm still underwhelmed by the character designs. Especially Noctis. Just the standard J-popstar-ish prettyboy. And he's supposed to be a prince? Lulz, he doesn't even seem to have changed his clothes since he was a kid

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
This is the game formerly known as Versus XIII.

So,they just threw up their hands and decided it was taking too long to release then just slapped it on as the next installment.It figures really.:P

Lex

Administrator
I get the strong impression they made the move to next gen at least a year or two ago tbh, that's why they've been so sparse with the details. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the game release next year at some point. KH3 will be another few years though, but at least it's in development :P

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I am secretly crossing my fingers for the XVII installment that they have another girl protagonist.This time it would be one that has a spunky personality.

But for now I guess we have to see this Noctis guy.I don't know about you but his name screams "emo".

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Chill out, buddy :P

So you're never gonna play it then? Even if it gets good reviews/ become teh best FF 5ever?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh, I'm going to play it, for sure. Probably play the hell out of it.

But I'll make it a point that Square never sees a dime from me for it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Good thing you don't have to get it for the Xbox One then :monster:

I agree with Lex, I saw this coming awhile ago and was rather shocked when the trailer originally still said Versus XIII

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, the press all seem to be acting so shocked. Like I said I was way more surprised when I thought it wasn't changed.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Well I guess this solves our completely off "V" font mystery in the other thread :monster:

Though I'm still wondering if it's shopped.

Arth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Arthquake
Loved it.Got goosebumps at the first look at Leviathan.BTW, am I the only one thinking that SE is hinting at FF VII a bit at the end with´´The legend meets its match´´? :monster: Hope it for them.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Lex completely fell for the Se trolling that it was still XIII then when it changed to XV he was like "I spoke too soon". :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I honestly don't care much for speaking bad about Square Enix by this point. They've certainly proved recently that they are far from perfect and have a lot of flaws that most companies don't really have.

One thing they proved at E3, though, is that they are actually listening to fans and have been for a while behind the scenes. They've been asking for three things and those things were: Kindgom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Versus and a Final Fantasy 7 remake.

They delivered on two of those things today and what they showed off didn't disappoint. It proved that they'd been hard at work with it for a while. Even if it was disappointing to see that they turned Versus in Fifteen, it was a step in the right direction. They're holding their hands up and saying yeah we totally fucked the timing on this but we're not letting the game you saw years ago fall by the wayside, we're just forced to change the name.

Squeenix gave a taste of something genuine to look forward to with some complete looking gameplay from XV. I'm happy to support them now that they are making decent decisions.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, knowing Square, I expected that if it had been changed to XV, they wouldn't even mention Versus and just pretend it was always like that.

Also, I thought the trailer looked awesome. It's amazing how close the in-game graphics look to the cutscenes these days. It's hard to believe the unbelievable divide in FF7.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I wouldn't be impressed too soon, although I did get a little excited. The trailers are awesome, I'll give them that.

Saying that my heart skipped a beat when Nomura said, "There's no time to go into detail today, but we'll have more news in the days to come." I really thought they'd be giving us nothing again :P

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I'm sure we'll get some more details tomorrow, when Square-Enix have their actual E3 thing (there's a stream thing they're having at 5pm GMT, I'm gonna watch it).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
According to a friend Versus-XIIIFFXV will be on PS3+PS4.

YAY.
You are correct there, they said so at the conference that the game would be out for PS3 and PS4.

The fact that it's actually going to be released for PS3 leads me to believe that XV is scheduled to be released sometime this year or very early next year. I mean why bother releasing a game on PS3 if the PS4 is now in wide circulation and all that.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Loved it.Got goosebumps at the first look at Leviathan.BTW, am I the only one thinking that SE is hinting at FF VII a bit at the end with´´The legend meets its match´´? :monster: Hope it for them.

I never thought of that, Arth.

At the same time, FNC is supposed to mean "The New Crystal Legend".

Hmmmm... I wonder then what is this match - if it's speaking about FNC?

If it's perhaps alluding to VII, well... Maybe. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Well, we'll have to wait and see on both of these points. :P

Top Bottom