• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
My only comment on the XV trailer is that... it lacks women :monster:

Excited for a new entry for the franchise, hopefully by them I'm employed :>

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Also can I add that the Final Fantasy XV characters do not look alike. They all have very unique designs some of which we haven't seen anything like in the series thus far. The problem is that their clothes are all very similar if not the same, but the characters themselves are very different and actually pretty awesome.

UIj8v86.jpg

Splintered

unsavory tart
@ Lic, my first thoughts as well (sausage fest etc), although I don't think they look that much alike. I'm sad there's not more women in there - an interesting game, to me, must include interesting women.
I don't need interesting women to be in a game for me to enjoy it. It's just a shame that Final Fantasy, one of the franchises people tend to point to when talking about strong female protagonists, doesn't have any really.

There's Stella of course but I have no idea what role she is going to take. I guess this can go for most large casts of RPGs, they depend on diversity to make them interesting and that usually comes with making both male and female characters.

Oh well, I'm still excited, I'll be interested in seeing what happens from here.

Fangu

Great Old One
It's just a shame that Final Fantasy, one of the franchises people tend to point to when talking about strong female protagonists, doesn't have any really.
?

Clearly we just see things differently. Maybe we just have different opinions on what makes a 'strong' character.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm disappointed by the fact that the cast all look alike, though. It's funny how when the characters were just blocks they managed to inject them with so much variety and personality, and now that they have these incredibly detailed graphics the characters all look like they're related to each other.

Really? I didn't get that vibe. Actually, I noticed that 'wow, they look pretty distinct from one another.'

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Fran was pretty strong too. She was incredibly distinct. :monster:

Also Dagger!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think he aimed his list of strong characters at the wrong person :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Weren't you taking the position that FF does have strong females, Fangu? I thought Splint was going in the other direction.

EDIT: And we're all ninja-ing each other. :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Weren't you taking the position that FF does have strong females, Fangu? I thought Splint was going in the other direction.

EDIT: And we're all ninja-ing each other. :monster:
Yes, thus leading to my confusion :P

Hahahaha this is the best Ninja Chain ever

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm officially confused. Did someone say FF has weak female characters? If so, that's who post was directed at. If not IGNORE ME. Okay, it was splintered, sorry Fangu

laurence

Pro Adventurer
I'm also really disappointed in the lack of women and the lack of badass older women.
Agreed. Surely the female characters known to us so far will bring strong roles to the story, but I'd like to see more of them.

As for the recent e3 trailers, the skeptic in me urges about the new direction SE is taking with the action RPG system. But that happens with any change to a once great gameplay style i guess...I hope they known what they're doing.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
As for the recent e3 trailers, the skeptic in me urges about the new direction SE is taking with the action RPG system. But that happens with any change to a once great gameplay style i guess...I hope they known what they're doing.
Well, more FFVII - FFIX replays in that case. I can stratagize with everyone's reflexes, except my own which suck.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Wait no, I was saying Final Fantasy has strong female characters.

But Versus doesn't and that's a shame they are leaving it out. Because you know, legacy.

What's going on?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm officially confused. Did someone say FF has weak female characters? If so, that's who post was directed at. If not IGNORE ME. Okay, it was splintered, sorry Fangu

The issue was that you didn't quote the specific post you were replying to, and since this is a fast moving topic, by the time you posted it was hilariously way past context.

It is cool dude! Everyone just remember to hit that 'Quote' button.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Back when Versus was shown and announced so many years ago it was planned as an action/RPG game. They were pulling on the same kind of battle system you expect from Kingdom Hearts.

Back then Versus was an additional XIII game and not a primary entry in the series. As such I think it was fair to say that we don't have to worry about them moving away from turn-based rpg.

It being FFXV now changes things as it's now a main entry and they ARE changing it to action/rpg. But part of me thinks they are only doing it because of the promises they made with Versus, and not because that's their new direction for Final Fantasy.

Only time will tell.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's a blonde on the left that I thought really looks like a girl. I know that's no guarantee with jrpgs, but...

According to the Great List of Console JRPG Cliches, a jrpg always has either one or three women. They haven't broken that as far as I can remember, I doubt they'll do it now. No way they stop at 2; I predict three girls :monster:

Top Bottom