• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
episode Ardyn confused me with the battle against Regis. Did Ardyn wipe Regis memory of their fight, afterwards? Because in Kingsglaive, they hadn't met yet.

Ardyn's appearance was masked by an illusion the whole time he was invading Insomnia. Regis wouldn't have recognized him later.

Pandemonium said:
Also, the battles against the Lucii in RE were cool, but they seemed to screw with the story to add them in. Unless I missed something. Was it ever explained when Ardyn had corrupted them? Cause in Kingsglaive, they were all there when Nyx put the ring on.

He could have done it at any point in the ten years Noct was gone.

Reactions: Wol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Didn't Ardyn take on the guise of a random soldier or something? I was under the impression that essentially only the player sees him as Ardyn.
he did, but it was broadcast on the news that the soldier was missing. I guess if Regis knew that Ardyn was disguising himself as the soldier, that would explain why Regis didn't recognize him in Kingsglaive

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Ardyn's appearance was masked by an illusion the whole time he was invading Insomnia. Regis wouldn't have recognized him later.

He could have done it at any point in the ten years Noct was gone.
I knew it was an illusion, I just didn't get how Regis knew it was Adagium once they met up to fight

that's true. Because after Ardyn fought Somnus (in ep Ardyn) he didn't corrupt him, right?,

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This could be a mistake on my part, but I didn't get the impression that Regis didn't actually know who Ardyn was in Kingsglaive, and Ardyn was just introducing himself to be theatrical.
Hence why Regis looks so constipated during the scene :monster:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Thanks for the correction. I thought since Bahamut was changed to English, the others were changed as well. My memory is ify sometimes:)

episode Ardyn confused me with the battle against Regis. Did Ardyn wipe Regis memory of their fight, afterwards? Because in Kingsglaive, they hadn't met yet.

Also, the battles against the Lucii in RE were cool, but they seemed to screw with the story to add them in. Unless I missed something. Was it ever explained when Ardyn had corrupted them? Cause in Kingsglaive, they were all there when Nyx put the ring on.

Didn't Ardyn take on the guise of a random soldier or something? I was under the impression that essentially only the player sees him as Ardyn.

The only thing Regis saw during that battle was the face of that border patrol soldier. Nevertheless, during the throne room scene look at Regis' reaction. He knows the threat Ardyn represents, especially when he mention Noctis. Episode Ardyn might have been retconed a bit, but I think that the Crystal shown Regis a vision of the man who would bring ruin upon his realm.

And about the Kings, it was never explained how come it's said that the Kings are in the Ring, yet Ardyn could corrupt them in the ten years span and then summon them at will. Perhaps they were just summoned when you put the Ring, and their spirits were bound to Insomnia?

But this is kind of why I waffle on wondering if you should play Ardyn first, because you get all that lore about hte world in not!Hojo's lab that would have been SO FREAKING USEFUL to have when actually playing through the game.

Getting the lore is neat, but I personally loved the emotional impact both the anime and the DLC have on the ending stages. Depending on whether or not you have seen and played them, you get a very different reaction and reading from several characters.

On my first playthrough I felt sorry for Somnus and realized Ardyn was mad, so killing him would put him out of his misery because there ewas no other way. After the anime I just wanted to punch Somnus. Hard. And replayed Gladio's Ep so I could beat Gligamesh. After the DLC I gnashed my teeth as Bahamut gave his grandiose speech about blood price and all that jazz, and then I wanted to get Somnus in my team and talk Ardyn into joining all forces and butcher that manipulative, tin-wearing lizard.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The only thing Regis saw during that battle was the face of that border patrol soldier. Nevertheless, during the throne room scene look at Regis' reaction. He knows the threat Ardyn represents, especially when he mention Noctis. Episode Ardyn might have been retconed a bit, but I think that the Crystal shown Regis a vision of the man who would bring ruin upon his realm.

And about the Kings, it was never explained how come it's said that the Kings are in the Ring, yet Ardyn could corrupt them in the ten years span and then summon them at will. Perhaps they were just summoned when you put the Ring, and their spirits were bound to Insomnia?

Getting the lore is neat, but I personally loved the emotional impact both the anime and the DLC have on the ending stages. Depending on whether or not you have seen and played them, you get a very different reaction and reading from several characters.

On my first playthrough I felt sorry for Somnus and realized Ardyn was mad, so killing him would put him out of his misery because there ewas no other way. After the anime I just wanted to punch Somnus. Hard. And replayed Gladio's Ep so I could beat Gligamesh. After the DLC I gnashed my teeth as Bahamut gave his grandiose speech about blood price and all that jazz, and then I wanted to get Somnus in my team and talk Ardyn into joining all forces and butcher that manipulative, tin-wearing lizard.
yeah, I guess it was never shown or stated that Regis ever knew Adagium's real name, or what he looked like. If he had, he would've definitely knew who Ardyn was.
My guess is Bahamut chose which Kings/Queens went into the ring.

And while I liked the DLC, I never thought they were needed. I liked that they added more to the overall story. I cant wait to get the dawn of the future book, later this year:)/SPOILER]

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
yeah, I guess it was never shown or stated that Regis ever knew Adagium's real name, or what he looked like. If he had, he would've definitely knew who Ardyn was.
My guess is Bahamut chose which Kings/Queens went into the ring.

And while I liked the DLC, I never thought they were needed. I liked that they added more to the overall story. I cant wait to get the dawn of the future book, later this year:)/SPOILER]

They add nice things for the main game, but I digress.

There's an ongoing fantranslation of Dawn of the Future, btw

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
They add nice things for the main game, but I digress.

There's an ongoing fantranslation of Dawn of the Future, btw
oh, I definitely agree they do! I just didn't think they were needed to "complete" the game. I enjoyed the story without them:)
hopefully those doing that translation, will do an audio book series too.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
oh, I definitely agree they do! I just didn't think they were needed to "complete" the game. I enjoyed the story without them:)
hopefully those doing that translation, will do an audio book series too.

Dont' think so, but you can read it here.
Episode Ardyn and Episode Aranea are complete so far. Episode Luna is still ongoing. I'm crossing my fingers for Episode Noctis.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Final Fantasy XV is the best selling FF in the US. Ranking is based on dollars and include physical/digital full game downloads (Jan 95' - Feb 2020)

Top 10 list

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Final Fantasy VIII
6. Final Fantasy XII
7. Final Fantasy X-2
8. Final Fantasy IX
9. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
10. Final Fantasy XI

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Final Fantasy XV is the best selling FF in the US. Ranking is based on dollars and include physical/digital full game downloads (Jan 95' - Feb 2020)

Top 10 list

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Final Fantasy VIII
6. Final Fantasy XII
7. Final Fantasy X-2
8. Final Fantasy IX
9. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
10. Final Fantasy XI
So this is just measured based on gross profit/dollars (unadjusted for inflation?) and not number of units sold right?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Alright, I'm finally playing the game on PC, and I'm like, at the very beginning still, but already have a few rants:

- of course, playing it on PC SUCKS so I'm playing easy mode. The camera sucks, the controls suck, the way to navigate through the menus is execrable. Those eclipse tactics seem to work whenever they want on computer. Which is not a lot. I'm not sure why because I can do it some times but not every time I want.
- while the idea of having a car may sound cool, it only SOUNDS cool. I walk faster than this damn car. I also walk faster than chocobos. The day/night would feel less a drag if it didn't take the whole day to go to your destination (yes I am exaggerating, but not by much: it takes half a day...). I find myself teleporting the most I can just to avoid that drag. Not to mention that this car drinks gas like no tomorrow. I should attach a gas station to it, just in case.
- the quests with frogs may be one of the most awfuls one ever conceived. I had to stop playing tonight because I felt nauseus running around in circles. I spent all day looking for frogs - I ended up having to look up on the net to find the last one. I did not have time to do anything else, and I had to go back in town after because it was night and of course the 3 others were whining about it (doing night quests with them is kind of a nightmare).

I can't tell much about the story because, UH, I'm trying t o do all the quests and hunts below the next story quest and LOL it's lvl 19 and I'm lvl 28 just by doing all the side quests. :monster: I currently have no opinion on the characters except that Prompto really is a bad photographer lmao. At least I don't want to kill them all like I did with FFXIII :mon:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
FFXV is a fucking mess of a game but there are some things it does really well.

Honestly the level that you're at you might already be able to beat the final boss. If you're not getting anything out of the sidequests, I would just go ahead and do the main story because they don't really get much better. If you insist though, the ones you do for Cindy gives your car some much needed upgrades, so maybe focus on those. There's also the quests that are crossover events with other games which are kinda neat.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Alright, I'm finally playing the game on PC, and I'm like, at the very beginning still, but already have a few rants:

- of course, playing it on PC SUCKS so I'm playing easy mode. The camera sucks, the controls suck, the way to navigate through the menus is execrable. Those eclipse tactics seem to work whenever they want on computer. Which is not a lot. I'm not sure why because I can do it some times but not every time I want.
- while the idea of having a car may sound cool, it only SOUNDS cool. I walk faster than this damn car. I also walk faster than chocobos. The day/night would feel less a drag if it didn't take the whole day to go to your destination (yes I am exaggerating, but not by much: it takes half a day...). I find myself teleporting the most I can just to avoid that drag. Not to mention that this car drinks gas like no tomorrow. I should attach a gas station to it, just in case.
- the quests with frogs may be one of the most awfuls one ever conceived. I had to stop playing tonight because I felt nauseus running around in circles. I spent all day looking for frogs - I ended up having to look up on the net to find the last one. I did not have time to do anything else, and I had to go back in town after because it was night and of course the 3 others were whining about it (doing night quests with them is kind of a nightmare).

I can't tell much about the story because, UH, I'm trying t o do all the quests and hunts below the next story quest and LOL it's lvl 19 and I'm lvl 28 just by doing all the side quests. :monster: I currently have no opinion on the characters except that Prompto really is a bad photographer lmao. At least I don't want to kill them all like I did with FFXIII :mon:
Ouch! 15 is one of my favorites lol. To each their own though:)

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

If it makes you feel better, you can upgrade the car to make it run faster.

Prompto's photos also gradually improves as he levels up his photography skills.

NPCs sidequests are just filler, but there is a great amount of optional dungeons and some hunts that will lead you to them. I would say FFXV is 50/50 in terms of side-content, when they get it right they really do cofcofpitiosscofcof, when they dont you are generally collecting frogs and dog tags lol.

The rewards for them are superfluous for the most time, but the ones that are worth it really are.

Last edited:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon

- You can just ignore radiant quests because they are random and infinite.
- The frog quests are a drag and I ended up looking them up on the internet, but the rewards are quite nifty.
- Do the misions for Cindy and you will have upgrades for the Regalia.
- Prompto gets better at photography, trust me.
- At your level you can already do the Chocobos sidequest and rent them. They are really fast.
- The storytelling, sadly, it's quite a mess on how it's organized, but I liked it.
- Don't be a completionist. For your mental health, shut down that part of your brain. I know, it's difficult :awesome:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Yeah I think this game was designed to specifically make completionists hate it.

It was fairly compatible with my approach though :lol:
On my first playthrough of a game, I hate being super overlevelled for story stuff, it robs the story of all it's drama.
I tried to not overlevel, but even then it was piss easy. Now its worse, because Ignis and Prompto are OP and you get Ragnarok on WE.
I wish the game had a hard mode, the fight system could shine a bit more despite some of the jankyness.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I overlevelled without even realising it? I didn't pay attention to my level, hell I spent a long time without checking my equipment and my competences because I only do so when I find new weapons, and competences up slowwwwwwwlyyyyyyyy.

Also I have begun Cindy's quests, but the next one is lvl26 so I'm not around that yet lol. CHocobos are slow as I said, and the map doesn't really help against that feeling since you can't cross easily from A to B point (-_- )

But really, aside VII and XIV, it's the most fun I had since forever. I thoroughly hated VIII and XIII, I didn't play either as much as I did with this one, so don't think that because I'm ranting it's bad. I'm used to MMOs that are faster paced nowadays, I feel like I'm back to the sluggish DAOC/early WoW where it took forever to go from A to B, that's all lol.

Edit: Also I feel that if they made days/nights longer, this feeling would disappear. It's just unhelpful to see the day pass so fast.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
As I finally reached chapter 5 today (and lvl36 lolz), I feel that I should make an update re: the chocobos speed, because yeah, once you lose the car, they become much much faster, which is just better to travel. It could be better, but it doesn't feel sluggish anymore.

As for the story, I'm finally curious about it after that last flashback of Noctis in a wheelchair. I wonder what happened there?

Top Bottom