• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Love Kingsglaive. I think at one point in the movie a knight of the Old Wall is holding onto the leg of a Diamond Weapon who is holding onto an airborne dreadnought. That's intense. I have a soft spot over-the-top action like that.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
To be fair that's a western specific issue, the JP version of the game doesn't have that issue since jump/interact use different buttons.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I assume they did it to mantain consistency with what buttons the west (X) and JP (O) use to "confirm" action, it just happen that the button the west use overlapped with the in-game jump function. XV has no re-mapping, just three preset control schemes.

Edit: button re-mapping is possible on the PC port.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Inside towns/outpost: Nope, as you can't attack while inside, pressing the attack button will only cause Noctis to move torwards the closest interactable prompt to him

On the open-field/dungeons: Yes, though only if you mash attack instead of just tap.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
FFXV's DLCs weren't cancelled because it lost money or was "bad."

Internal corporate politics and the future of Luminous Studios clearly was to blame. Don't know who Tabata fucked with or pissed off but he clearly got fucked over.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Awesome sales + legs! Imagine with proper mod support, this game could have been a even bigger hit on PC.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingsglaive/4K.html

KINGSGLAIVE is getting a second 4KUHD release, Japan only, on February 09/2022.

Set comes with:
  • 2 Discs (4KUHD &BD)
  • New audio commentary from Director Takeshi Nozue and staff.
  • "SCENARIO BOOK" constructed from the original script.
  • File with CG art.
  • Making of scenes.
  • "KINGS GLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV File Fragments"
  • A bonus "What If?" art of KG cast in Galahd.
FFWLIl-UcAElLnK
FFWLKMbVUAITEqr

There will be also an interlocking project to celebrate the release, look forward to more information.

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Long story short: I'M PLAYING FFXV AND I'M LOVING IT

I started the game back in August but didn't progress much further than the first two gas stations. The game seemed extremely unusual compared to the previous FF's, and something felt off about the pacing, and I was struggling with the combat (as usual hahaha)... so I decided to give it time and didn't come back until last month. And oh boy did I come back full speed.

In November, I loaded my save file, found myself in the middle of a battle with a bunch of goblins, realised I had forgotten how to fight and accidentally won just by hitting all the buttons on my controller. After that, I had to redo the tutorial, and finally set the wheels in motion quite literally to travel to Galdin Quay. And this is where the game completely came alive. I spent an insane amount of time there just walking, fishing, cooking, camping, hunting, collecting treasures and food supplies, feeding cats, admiring the landscapes and enjoying the tranquility of the place. I knew the story would take that away from me sooner or later, because it wouldn't be an FF game if it didn't, so I decided to be taking in the atmosphere as early as possible. It seemed a bit monotonous but it was strangely charming and heartwarming.

Yes, I remember writing in this very thread that I'd tried watching other people's playthroughs and found them tedious. But the key is NOT TO WATCH. The key is TO PLAY IT YOURSELF. Then and only then the game gets filled with details, hues, and coloring, like the sky of Eos. I didn't expect that despite starting slow the game would be so engaging. A lot of your impressions depend on the time of day, on the order of doing quests, on your stats, on your outfits... basically, everything! And as soon as you understand that you absolutely needn't hurry, the exploration gets more and more enjoyable. Now that the pandemic has taken so much of our freedom, this game found me at the right time when I needed it most, and it's giving me life.

Finishing chapter 8 at the moment, but I'd like to wrap some things up and write a bit more soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom