• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XVI

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Well, there it is...
Personally, I feel like it's not imaginative enough. "Spread of the blight" in a generic medieval world? And the main dudes look pretty generic, especially the second guy at the end.

The kid's design and the girl he was talking to looked pretty cool, though. But at the same time, I'm just reminded of the Lunafreya and Noctis kid scenes.
I like it, but...

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
lRCRRxT.png

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Eh? The only thing resembling XV is action gameplay.
The design language of the characters is certainly more in-line with how XV handled it, rather than doing something in a totally new direction. Combine that with the similar gameplay, and it still evokes more of XV than I would like. And the things that were different (the world, story, etc) didn't stand out strong enough to go against that.

And I like XV - I just feel like each FF entry is a chance to do something new.
Now THIS is cool, though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Survey says...

Medieval setting!!!

Thank you for playing everyone! For our winners they will get 1 Final Fantasy XVI matching their predicted setting, utilizing a high level of realistic design, historical aesthetics, grounded combat augmented by magic and summons, and a focus on the classic crystals of Final Fantasy in a geopolitical setting. It's not quite "Fantasy based on reality" but it ain't Mako and Mermaids either. :monster:

We also have YOSHIDA on board as producer! Those lucky contestants who predicted that outcome get a BONUS PRIZE. Enjoy the director of XIV bringing their talent and unique style to a main line single player title. Definitely a break from the usual staff we've had for the past few years! What an exciting time, isn't it, Phil?

Phil?

Once again thank you all for playing "GUESS THAT FINAL FANTASY!" Have a goodnight everyone! May the Crystal bless us all.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
When I saw the main guyfor the first time I thought "is that Noctis?"

I thought that too. I was like “Oh no, FFXV-2?” I thought doubly so when I saw warpstrike, by that point I was thinking it was perhaps a prequel, but I didn’t play XV. The character design isn’t fullllllly consistent, as parts of it look like XIV as well. But it’s still early in development.

What did come across was the setting and mood, a medievalist fantasy setting with Baroque style lighting. Love the heraldry on the Armor, that’s always immersive. It hits some of the mood notes I love from Ivalice games — the last quote of the trailer is “I’ll kill you if it’s the last thing I do.” Which is great hee hee.

I’m not so pleased about a single party combat. Unless the game has a full party and the ability to slow down/pause for tactical considerations, this may wind up lower on my to-play list than it would have otherwise, but my interest for the story is piqued.

Top Bottom