• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Fire Emblem series

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I noticed we didn't have a thread for this series, so I decided to make one. Anyway, I recently got interested in this series after playing the demo for Awakening. So far I've played Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. I intend to eventually play The Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn as well, and intend to get Awakening for my birthday. I'll probably play the fan translation of New Mystery of the Emblem next though, and maybe the fan translation of Sword of Seals after that.

So far I've found the Fire Emblem games to be fun, but difficult. The permanent deaths and breakable weapons can make things a bit tricky.

So what are you guys's thoughts and opinions on this series?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
It is one of my favorite JSRPGs

Current mains are Mordecai (Path of Radiance), Gilliam and Garcia (Sacred Stones)

But it really needs to stop being so expensive or Nintendo needs to start thinking about re-releasing games. They're not as rare as Ebay and Amazon would like to think they are, do not be fooled.

In any case, MEMORIES

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Yeah, they should definitely rerelease moar than just 1 and 3(speaking of the remake of 3, why didn't they release it in America?). I personally would like to see a remake of the 6th game. Maybe then American audiences will finally be able to play as Roy outside of Melee in an official localization(not counting Awakening, where he's DLC).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Just checking, but by "Fire Emblem" you mean Blazing sword, yes? And not the original FE of which Shadow is a remake?

Also, THRACIA 776! FUCK YOU THRACIA 776!

There's fan translations of all the games now, even FE12, so, yeah, go wild and have fun.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Still on my first playthrough of Awakening. I'm determined to get all the characters and support conversations, and trying to figure out which skills and classes are best for each character. OTL

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Just checking, but by "Fire Emblem" you mean Blazing sword, yes? And not the original FE of which Shadow is a remake?

Also, THRACIA 776! FUCK YOU THRACIA 776!

There's fan translations of all the games now, even FE12, so, yeah, go wild and have fun.

Yes, I mean Blazing sword. I doubt I'll ever play the original, due to a lack of English release and the fact that Shadow Dragon exists, so there's really no point.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, I mean Blazing sword. I doubt I'll ever play the original, due to a lack of English release and the fact that Shadow Dragon exists, so there's really no point.

Roms and Translations, my good NORG, Roms and Translations.

FE is a COMPLETELY different game compared to Shadow Dragon.

Likewise Mystery of the Emblem- which is both FE and its sequel- is functionally very different compared to FE12.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
It's okay, I live in New Hampshire, so there's no sales tax. So I guess for my birthday I should ask for Awakening and 2 of those 3DS 20$ cards, and I can spend them on all the DLC in Awakening, and then spend the leftover money on VC games and Theatrhythm songs.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Loved the heck out of FE 6, 7 and 8. Awakening seems really fun, but i doubt i'll ever get a 3DS.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I highly recommend you get a 3DS. There is so many awesome games for the you'll miss out on without one. There's the aforementioned Awakening, KH3D, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity, etc.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Decided to get FE Awakening, I just started the second half of the storyline. This is an extremely fun game and somewhat addicting.

Last edited:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
All right, I finally got Fire Emblem Awakening a week ago when we celebrated my birthday early. I play Normal Casual(Casual mode is a blessing btw, now I only reset if a character dies too early in the chapter, instead of if they die in general) I made my Avatar a blonde, short girl with pigtails and an eyepatch and gave her voice 2 and named her Kari. She's +MAG, -STR for stats. I've bought the Champions Pack, Smash Pack, Golden Pack, Lost Bloodlines Pack, and Rogues Pack as far as DLC goes so far. I've beat chapters 1-14, paralogues 1-5(working on beating 6 right now, which is kind of hard, or at least beating it and having Inigo kill 5 enemies is), Champions of Yore 1-3, the Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth(which is a very excellent grinding tool, and my favorite DLC chapter), and Lost Bloodlines 1-2(the latter of which I barely beat, having only had Chrom, Kari, and Sumia alive by the end of the chapter, not counting Arvis, the only NPC who was left).
As far as pairings go, I've had Chrom marry Sumia, Henry marry Olivia, Gregor marry Miriel, Ricken marry Lissa, Nowi marry The Vaike, Tharja marry Gaius, Panne marry Kellam, Stahl marry Cordelia, Lon'qu marry Maribelle, Sully marry Donnel, and I'm working on having Frederick marry Cherche.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Well, Fire Emblem Fates came out a few days ago and a lot of fan translations are being made. There is a lot of controversy and misinterpetations/misinformation being spread right, especially on Tumblr.

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
*Necromances the Fire Emblem Community*

I was gonna make another thread for this but this is good enough since it encompasses the series.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/13-07-2018-fire-emblem-switch-release-date-characters

The newest in the series coming out next spring. It looks great and promises a lot of mechanic changes.

Along with the phone game if any of you guys play, if not it's probably the most polished phone game on the market that it doesn't feel bad to spend money on it.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
New FE looks fucking rad.

I don't like the Persona aesthetic, but only because it belongs to Persona. The artwork of Echoes was so good too, I was hoping they'd just retain that. Never mind.

So, anyone play Heroes? Probably not. New direct tonight, hopefully some much needed updates to the game are in the pipeline because it's beginning to get a bit... dull. I mean, I still enjoy it... but I've done everything... and the only new things tend to be higher difficulty versions of old GHBs (still easy with blade tomes and brave bows).

To be fair, I've had this "I've done everything" problem for ages, but they added Grand Conquests and various other things that kept me interested, but the rewards are shit. A smattering of orbs and feathers I don't really need. Just give me some more copies of TT reward characters ffs. Need to finish Marisa.

Anyway, the game needs to expand. Real-time P2P isn't necessary, I think that would suck, but a sort of town/castle creation/defence mode would be good.

Latest banner is horrendous too, but FE6 characters coming after Christmas so there's light at the end of the tunnel.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Wow. 3 minutes into the direct and I've been informed that I'll be able to literally buy more Marisas.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
and now we've got castle building/defence.

I was literally throwing those ideas out there, not expecting them to actually address these things in the slightest.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've tried it for a little while (not much of a mobile game), I was expecting it to be shit but it's actually pretty good / a proper FE game in terms of gameplay. Just, you know, mobile :monster:

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
I am not sure if I'd go as far as to call it a proper FE in terms of gameplay, but it's a close enough approximation, that's for sure.

I still play the GBA era games (my laptop won't run PoR) and I'd get a new 3DS but there's hardly any point now, I'll probably treat myself to a Switch closer to release date since the new FE is pretty much the only game I'll play on it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I tried it early on in the year, but it's just not got enough meat in it for me. :closedmonster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There's a few outliers though and those games take up so much of my time. With all the buzz about FEH I think I went in with unrealistic expectations and thus disappointed. Wouldn't be against giving it another go as I love FE

Have there been many features added in the last year'ish?

Top Bottom