• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

First person shooter

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
after reading the thread about new playable characters I thought of something that really bothered me in the original game. When You're on your way to the plate you find Biggs, Jessie and wedge down and Barret up top, fighting. One thing I think is lacking from a 3rd person game is the sensation of death. As all the members of Avalanche use guns, I'd love it if just for that scene before cloud gets there it turns into a little fps. Start, stood behind wedge and then "go into him" (giggidy) so its first person and let him fight until he is downed (blood on the screen, drops to his knees) then the camera moves to the ladder to the next and the next until you end up trying to shoot the helicopter down with Barret; still in first person and seeing Cloud and Tifa come into view before returning to normal mode.

*awaits ban for suggesting fps*

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I know some people here play first-person shooters but I'm not one of them. I've always hated the genre and I really wouldn't want to see it in Final Fantasy VII. I suppose it might just about work as a cutscene to show some different perspectives, but not as a playable segment.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
*awaits ban for suggesting fps*

O3DHIA5.gif

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
I thought fps would be lost here. I play all sorts of games but ff7 has always been my favourite. What I have found though is when your playing a fps you get drawn into it and when you are killed spectacularly and you slowly bleed out or something it feels more real than watching from the sidelines. Perhaps that's why everyone but me hates dirge of Cerberus, because it's a shooter. Although not first person

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think people dislike Dirge because it's generally agreed that the gameplay and story weren't very well executed. I'm not sure the genre has anything to do with it.

I'm not against the idea of a shooter per se (one of my favourite game series belongs to the FPS genre), but I'm not sure it fits with the content of Final Fantasy VII nor am I sure that Square Enix would be capable of pulling off a good one.

Top Bottom