• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

First taste of Remake BGM

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

We get to hear all of Those Who Fight. The bridge of this song is one of my favorite bits of music of all time, and this arrangement is awesome. The strings carry the melody now instead of a flute, which I find interesting (also interesting that it's now a boss theme, which I was kind of assuming, since we're going to have atmospheric field combat music). Overall though, the arrangement sounds great!

pxp

Pro Adventurer

We get to hear all of Those Who Fight. The bridge of this song is one of my favorite bits of music of all time, and this arrangement is awesome. The strings carry the melody now instead of a flute, which I find interesting (also interesting that it's now a boss theme, which I was kind of assuming, since we're going to have atmospheric field combat music). Overall though, the arrangement sounds great!
I actually don’t think this is necessarily confirmation that it’s a boss theme as they may have just chosen it for this demonstration. For instance, while the gameplay is edited the music is seamless so they don’t necessarily connect in any way. Have to say I miss the flute part though it’s still nice.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I actually don’t think this is necessarily confirmation that it’s a boss theme as they may have just chosen it for this demonstration. For instance, while the gameplay is edited the music is seamless so they don’t necessarily connect in any way.
^ too true!

Re: flute. It's amazing to me that 20+ years on there is still not a 1:1 performance of the original arrangement. There's a really subtle difference in bar 32 (the second bar of D section) that I quickly sketched out:

1568488910415.jpeg
The top is the OG flute solo and the bottom is the Remake violin section.

There’s no such thing as a subtle difference in classical music!! XD

Edit: for completionism sake, this section also appeared twice in Crisis Core. On the Verge of Assault uses the lower of my two sketches (with piano instead of flute) and Fulfilled Desire uses the top one! ....with violins. Flute gets no love.

Last edited:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I wanna know what the new soundtracks will be like. By that I mean, new music that wasn't in the original. Because there were a few places (Mt. Nibel and Rocket Town come to mind) where previous tracks were reused, and I don't think they would do that this time.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Until I get the full BGM of the remake, I've been binging on two composers on youtube covering and remixing a lot of the old BGM and do it well: Enrico Deiana (Matthew Wallace) and Pontus Hultgren.

Not everything they do is amazing, but when they do do it, it's out of this world. Currently listening to Enrico Deiana's take on Underneath the Rotting Pizza, followed by Hultgren's version of the Bombing Mission.

I like Enrico's ff9 stuff

Top Bottom