Frank Herbert's Dune Games (w/ Legendary Pictures)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Funcom has entered into an exclusive partnership with Legendary Studios to develop games based on the works of Frank Herbert's DUNE, one of the world's best known science fiction universes with multiple adaptations into movies, games and other media.

This is a six year partnership to release at least three titles on the PC/Console platforms, with one of the games planned to be in the "Open World Multiplayer" genre that will enter into pre-production in Funcom's Oslo studio during 2019.

Entering into this partnership is in line with the company's strategy of working with strong Intellectual Properties, allowing for two different vast and well known universes – CONAN and DUNE – to be available for the Company's games.

It'll be neat to get to have some ability to explore the locations as they appear in the film, similar to how Star Wars games do (since I'd bet that they're approaching the marketing for Dune as being like like Star Wars for adults). Hopefully this means that they'll be really leaning in to the marketing to ensure that the film and games are both successful, since they look like they have the perfect storm of everything that they need to work.

Via: https://www.cinelinx.com/game-news/...based-on-frank-herbert-s-dune-are-coming.html

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've Heard that there's no relation to the film - which would just mean Funcom's jumping on the bandwagon to try and get a lift on the movie's possible popularity.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'd be surprised if they were unrelated, since they specifically announced being in an exclusive partnership with Legendary (the Production Company who're making the film, so all of the production costs are coming from the same place).

X :neo:

Top Bottom