• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Front page hits 100 comments

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Ondore's lies crossed international barriers :monster:

"poisson d'avril"

Means 'April Fools' in French, so I think they've catch on. But serves them right for not linking back to here :monster:

No wait:

ATTENTION: I said that our site will not April Fools' Day today (and this message is not one either [eyes]). I would ask you to consider this news as a real information. Thank you to you. I would add this message to all the news today. (Ben oui, now, with all the jokes on the net, it must be justified if one wants to be serious ...)

Apparently not? :awesomonster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The interview was a hoax right?

Click the image of the interview scan and you'll know.

Also, even though this is a joke, it's sure giving us a lot of coverage, xD. We should pull stunts like this more often, fgj.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Epic April Fools day, everyone. I see we have international multilingual foolery going on.

Now to just hope someone in Japan got snookered. That would make my month.

To the people who wondered how I came up with all this, I rewatched the trailers, reread some Nomura, and thought of how I could say everything and nothing all at the same time.

I am surprised at the directions of the implications some of you took them, though. Some were obvious with the slight alterations (My initial drafts were even MORE vague), but for example, I'm surprised no one thought the message itself might be changed with the 20 minute ending bit, since that's what I had in mind when I crafted that sucker.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm liking that other sites in multiple languages actually got fooled by this. Awesome work :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dude, I didn't realize so many other sites would look to us for info.

Someone needs to let them know that it was a joke already. :comedian:

The Clerith from the Devotion forum apparently sent them an email. :monster:

EDIT: Checked the French site, Anastar informed them or so it seems. :rorschach:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dude, I didn't realize so many other sites would look to us for info.

Someone needs to let them know that it was a joke already. :comedian:

I think it's also a 'via via' thingy - Cetraconnection posts it, which gets taken over by the French, which in turn... you get the idea.

But still, this was an excellent demonstration of how news we make can spread to other places, and this is a Good Thing, even if it was just a joke.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I say we let em stew. If they can't figure it out on their own then they deserve not to know the truth :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The Clerith from the Devotion forum apparently sent them an email. :monster:

Of course they would. They thought they had actual real proof of Clerith as opposed to the crap they make up on a daily basis. Why wouldn't they spread the word? :awesomonster:

EDIT: Checked the French site, Anastar informed them or so it seems. :rorschach:

Oh well that's good. A joke is a joke but I wouldn't want it to go too far...

Holy Light

Citizen of dial up hell
AKA
ilianapandora (Youtube)
I thought it rocked, and I really believed it was real for a while there lol. Best prank ever :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I thought it was true at first and was so ecstatic that I made a totally fangirl comment (the first comment on the article!) before it started to sink into my head that it was a prank. And then Isabella told me that it was fake and just for temporary lulz and so I played along with it. :)

It was funny to see all these new people who only lurked before suddenly reveal themselves. XD

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
unfair for the community

Pish tosh. Twas the first of the fourth!

This was certainly more jovial than a lot of other stunts pulled on the day.

And all you who appreciated it are quite welcome.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seriously, if you take anything seriously on April 1st you're kinda askin' for it. :monster:

Top Bottom