• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FYI, I installed a new image viewer for the frontpage

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Images in galleries will now pop up as an overlay instead of you having to go through another page to get to see the full-sized image. I dunno if it resizes images though, and as I haven't seen a 'view orignal'~ish link or option, I'm not sure if this is the ideal solution right now. Also, there's no 'save image' option when you right-click the image in the lightbox thingy. The workaround is to right-click the gallery image and press 'open in a new window / tab', that'll bring you to the original WP gallery.

Also, this'll only work for images in a gallery, not for separately inserted images - those will just open as before.

Also, it won't show loading progress, so if it's a large image, it can take a while to display.

This > the original gallery though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also just installed a 'views'-o-meter, but since it only started counting when I installed the plugin, its's not really representative atm.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hey, can someone tell me what this "view" statistic is on each article on the front page? I notice that certain articles have a number of "views."

Is this the number of times someone has clicked on the actual title of the article, looked at the pictures, been linked to it directly, or what?

Some specification would be appreciated. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The number increased when I clicked on the article's title, so I think it's that :monster: Views of the individual pages.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Are these the numbers since the image viewer has been installed on the front page? Cause a lot of them are ridiculously low.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Bump for an answer to my question :monster:

And also, the gallery function is great, but for really big scans, like the artwork from the Dissidia Ultimania, they don't fully expand the pages. Is there a way to fix that?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yes, the number's low because it only just started counting. I'm not sure if I should keep it, tbph. I've also installed a more advanced statistics plugin accessible to admins - it should be visible in the menu on the left side to you. It provides loads more statistics, and (should be) more detailed than those from Google.

Also, I'm afraid not, :/. You can get around it by right-clicking the image and selecting 'open in new tab / window', which'll open it in the regular gallery.

I should go look for one that at the very least offers a 'view original' option or something, especially for giant-sized ones, this one sux.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well you can keep the counter, thats cool. I'm just glad the admin one is more thorough.

And yeah, I hope you can find a better gallery tool too. Good luck :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
With the new images, I highly approve of said new image viewer. :monster: It is indeed great justice.

X :neo:

Top Bottom