Game Center CX Trailer Surprise

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
And the winner for FFXII Guest Character is - if the utter crazy celebration I'm reading about on the Japanese web is correct...

Judge Gabranth!

The new trailer also included Shantotto, but the details are kinda sketchy at this point. Hoping that video will turn up, but the info will have to suffice for now.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Can´t say i'm surprised, but i had a little hope that the FFXII character would be Dr. Cid.

Regardless, it will be cool to have Gabranth in Dissidia.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
*lol* I just got a similar shot from Andres el Tiger to post to the front page.

Either way, I'm just glad that we finally have our full roster now.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
He only shows up really quick and there is annoying Japanese text all over:

Picture3-1.png

But anyway, does this mean that there will be a member of the main FFXII cast to be the offsetting hero as well? Or no? I had heard there was going to be a villain to go up against Shantotto. Does anyone know the answers to these rumors?

Oh and if you want to know more about Shantotto:
http://ixbran.deviantart.com/art/Shantotto-Mag-Scans-104687645
http://ixbran.deviantart.com/art/FF11-Hero-for-Dissidia-104297260

EDIT:

I figured out how to make the annoying text go away. :)

Picture5.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Neat-o, theories were correct. Gabranth / anyone in armor was really the only thing that would look cool imho, :monster:.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is some awesome news.

Now what would be hilarious is if Cosmos summoned Gabranth, thinking he'd fight with her, but he says "Fuck you" and walks off to join the side of Chaos. Because that's what it looks like.

Damn, if they just would've released his character art or portrait we'd instantly know if he was good or bad based on how he was facing. If he was facing to the right, we'd know he was evil.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm thinking it's awesome we've got people right on top of this kinda news, :monster:.

@Tetsujin, it's not a Youtube video, it's Veoh, whatever that is :monster:. Might be they're using a non-Flash based video player, or you need a newer version of it in order for it to work.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Gabranth sounds like a villain with the way he's talking to Shantotto.

Then again, they keep showing clips of heroes fighting heroes in this game. And villains fighting villains. No one seems to get along with their friends in this game :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Who cares about allegiance anyways :monster:. It hasn't been that long since I played FFXII, but didn't Gabranth become kind of a good guy at the end of the game?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah he did.

But Kuja had a sudden repentance at the end of FFIX as well and look where he ended up :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
They're supposed to explain why Jecht is on the villain's side, so I assume other people might get the same treatment.

And I thought Shantotto wasn't exactly a good guy either? :monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Hitoshura, I theorize that the reason we've seen in-fighting in the trailers is to highlight tensions between the characters more than anything else.

That and I'm expecting an epic level of backstabbing to occur amongst the villains. *crosses fingers and hopes to see some sort of Delita-Ophelia style mutual stabbing from Mateus and Ultimecia*

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Shantotto is still a warrior of Cosmos, despite her rather violent and questionable tendencies. She's basically the Lina Inverse of Final Fantasy.

And is there seriously another place the subbed trailer is uploaded, because I can't get veoh to work for shit.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm using Firefox.

And I wish I could at least see a transcription of the subs so I knew what they were saying, it looks just fucking epic so far.

You know...it'd be fucking hilarious if Cosmos meant to summon Basche but instead took his twin brother instead :wacky: Oops...a cosmic fuck up indeed.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
...no subbed trailer yet, Mako. At least, not one that I've worked on. I'm waiting to see if we'll get a transcription I can work with.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=130.msg2204#msg2204 date=1229376476]
...no subbed trailer yet, Mako. At least, not one that I've worked on. I'm waiting to see if we'll get a transcription I can work with.
[/quote]

Ohh! I thought when you said your subbing partner was working on it, and then you posted the video being up on veoh..that it was the subbed trailer your partner was working on :monster:

My mistake XD

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That trailer was far and away the most epic of the bunch so far. That scene at the end when both sides are charging each other looks incredible.

They show a lot of the characters fighting their respective villain, but it will certainly be interesting (in the cutscenes) when they fight against other villains. Such as Squall and Sephiroth, and I thought I saw Cloud fighting Garland in this last trailer.

I know we've talked about what character order we think that we'll play through (I think I'll just go in FF order), but do you think the game will encourage a certain way through? Like grouping your playthroughs of the characters that have banded together or whatever.

Top Bottom