Game Center CX Trailer Surprise

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=130.msg2205#msg2205 date=1229376529]

Ohh! I thought when you said your subbing partner was working on it, and then you posted the video being up on veoh..that it was the subbed trailer your partner was working on :monster:

My mistake XD
[/quote]

Kiento is usually fast on posting the raw videos too so that's what we were sharing. YouTube keeps catching it with the copyright error so he he had to go a different route.

Not like it's any better on Nico Nico... right now, I'm hoping that Mini will post a transcription, though I do understand some of the new scenes... but I always worry that I'll hear the wrong word when I translate by ear, which is why I wait on a written script.

FS - I'm starting with Cecil myself. Because he is apparently beginner friendly and damn if I don't want to know what is up with him and Ted.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I totally understand Schala, thanks again. Your translations are pretty reliable, and it's thanks to that uber-carefulness of yours, hehe.

My FFVII inner-fanboy cannot be denied starting with Cloud :monster:

I'll probably then start with Cecil, then go to Terra, and of coure Bartz....and I have no clue from there. I know Warrior of Light will be last or near last since apparently he's not quite as beginner friendly as you would think.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I know the villains don't get along (some want to rule the world, some what to destory it). And I assumed the heroes would do the 'they fight, then realise they're on the same side' thing.

Anyway, these are the new lines from the trailer. If there's mistakes, it's because I misheard something. They just need piecing together with any past ones :monster:

Garland:
??…?????????????????
Do you truly intend to save this world!

WoL:
?????????????????????
That's our calling. Hope isn't spent yet!

Firionel:
???????????????????
There's no meaning to power that will only harm others!

Onioin Knight
?????????????
You'll never defeat me.

Tidus
???????????????
Just what are the crystals, anyway?

Cloud
???????????????
??????????????????????
What are we fighting for?
All Cosmos said was gather the crystals.

Golbeza
???????????????…
?????????
If you want to know the crystals' secret... then follow my shadow.

Warrior
??????????
You hurt one of my allies.
(Or one of his own? Dunno :monster:)

Terra
??????????????
I've found a future I want to protect!

Kefka
??????????…
Hhhhmmm, in that case...

Cloud of Darkness
??????????
Until we destroy all!

Squall
???????
Then I'll show you. That even if we're apart, we're still fighting together!

Squall
??????????
Zidane! What are you...?

Zidane
????????????????
Do you need a reason to help someone?

Kuja
????????…??????????????
I wanted to find out... just how your spirit would shatter.

Zidane
?????????????????
So you were behind all this? Where's my friends?!

WoL
????????????
Let's end this fight.

Cosmos
???????????????
?????????????????
No, an end has already been reached.
You will all descend into true rancor.

Chaos
???????
??????????
Then let's give you want to wish, and drown out all light!

Gabranth
??????????
???????????
There is no future for the powerless.
I'll show you what the difference is.

I'd still wait for Japanese fans to transcribe it just to make sure, though :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I can't decide between Cloud and Tidus. It's all a question of who I love more...

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Ahhhh, hitoshura you are a God as always. I was pretty sure those were the new lines, but I am such a stickler on the details.

I think that Firion's line is the same as the TGS trailer. Edit: Okay, they added a line to his... drat, need to figure that out.

As for WoL Vs. Sephiroth, we had that screenshot where WoL saved Firion and I've had my suspicions that it was from Sephiroth...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Listening to it again, I got this for Fri's line:

???????????????????

I don't remember the TGS trailer now, but was that it? I think I've seen it before.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=130.msg2215#msg2215 date=1229377416]
I can't decide between Cloud and Tidus. It's all a question of who I love more...
[/quote]

Well, me, of course :monster:.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Ah! I get it - Firion is turning the Emperor's words around on him.

"There's no meaning to power that will only harm others!" - LOL, Hitoshura's version is better :B

Compared to the Emperor's line about Comos "What meaning is there in a being like that?"

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Holy schnozz. That was a pretty sick trailer.

I'm trying to remain apprehensive, but with stuff like this I can't help but get excited.

as for who to start with first, I'm probably going to start with Tidus and go in reverse chronology. No real reason, I juts like having a system like that, and I'll probably give up quickly if I started with WoL since he's not beginner friendly :P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=130.msg2224#msg2224 date=1229378531]
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=130.msg2215#msg2215 date=1229377416]
[/quote]

Well, me, of course :monster: .
[/quote]

Of course. How could I be so silly?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know..this trailer really gave us a good look at all the different stages that are in this game. I'll list off the ones I recognized:

From FFIII we have the World of Darkness
From FFIV we have the Moon, outside the Lunar Palace
From FFV we have the Dimensional Rift Castle
From FFVI we have...what i think is...the Magitek Factory and Laboratory
From FFVII we have the Lifestream of course
From FFVIII we have what I think is...the Lunatic Pandora
From FFIX we have the Crystal World
From FFX we have the ruins of Zanarkand

I can't recognize some of the others. But yeah, any corrections or thoughts would help :monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
VIII is Ultimecia's Castle actually.

I is the Temple of Chaos, II is Pandemonium, and for Dissidia itself we have Order's Sanctum and Chaos' Throne.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ahh Ultimecia's Castle, okay! :monster:

And those are all very good choices. Although I wish FFVII's choice would've been either the Shinra Building roof like AC, or maybe the City of the Ancients.

But inside the Lifestream of the Northern Crater is cool too. The stage looks really fun.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=130.msg2232#msg2232 date=1229379660]I'm trying to remain apprehensive, but with stuff like this I can't help but get excited.[/quote]

This looks like it would be fairly difficult for them to screw up, at worst it'll be repetitive. MAYBE it could have camera problems, but I can't see it being broken or anything.

So do you think they'll translate "kosmos" into Cosmos or Order in the English version?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Hahahahaha, Order's Warriors. Sounds awkward. Kinda makes me think of Phoenix Wright. Plus, Cosmos just sounds cooler.

It does look like it's shaping up pretty well. Camera problems may be a somewhat annoying problem, but I don't find them to be the end of the world. Kigdom Hearts had some quirky camera issues but I didn't mind it too much. So long as ir doesn't give me motion sickness or anything.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Even though I don't like what SE has done to Cloud, or FF7 in general, I see I'm probably going to be playing as him the most once I get a copy of this.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well if you look at the front page and Gabranth's artwork, it looks like he's aligned with the forces of Chaos, thus keeping the balance between villains and heroes in check.

Top Bottom