• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Gamerspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Hello there! You've reached the official Gamerspective thread.

Some of the posts after this may confuse you, but that doesn't matter since we were originally hiring and now this is just a general thread. Without further ado, who are we?

Well, we've been writing gaming news and giving our perspective ever since our launch on September 1st, 2013. Some of you may know me. Some of you may not. I'm Ami, the co-editor (from October 2013, bitches!) and this is like my precious niece/nephew, as the baby actually belongs to the OTHER co-editor, who actually runs the site.

This thread is basically to chit chat about the site, promote ourselves (as we're actually now affiliated with TLS, woo!) and to shamelessly advertise our accounts across the board.

Links

Facebook
Gamerspective
Tumblr
Twitch
Twitter
YouTube

Positions Available

- Writers. We're almost always looking for writers to join our team! If you love gaming and writing, why not get in contact with us if you want to get involved?

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hey, sorry I can't help out - what with not having the time or skills lol. But it sounds awesome.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Hi, guys!

We're now advertising for new positions in News, Retro and Mobile Gaming. Any of these categories can be combined into a single role. All relevant details are mostly above. If you're interested, you can post here, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Well I've joined Gamespective. :monster:
Looks interesting, it's like an uncluttered version of the Escapist.

Retro reviews sounds interesting, I've wasted spent most of my life with games. I've never really written anything before though.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You should give it a shot and send a sample over to Ami to look at!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Well I've joined Gamespective. :monster:
Looks interesting, it's like an uncluttered version of the Escapist.

Retro reviews sounds interesting, I've wasted spent most of my life with games. I've never really written anything before though.
You don't necessarily have to enter with writing experience. I'm sure a few of our writers were the same and look at them now!

You should give it a shot and send a sample over to Ami to look at!
Also this. If you do this, I can consult with my co-editor.

Just noticed this.

Do you guys still need help with design?
I'll get back to you on that. We might do, although that's not necessarily my responsibility on the site. As above, I'll talk to the co-editor. He's also the part owner.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Double post.

Gabe, I've spoken to him and he was wondering if you meant as in re-designing everything? The theme we have is limited, so it would need to be fully redone.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I dont have the time to do the whole thing but I can help get some designs going and what not :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Yeah, he turned around before and said if you're up for it, then it's all good. Be best if you get in touch with us on Skype or something tomorrow evening. Sure you have me on there, at least.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I could help out with the articles. I'll have the time now that the wedding is over (and I'm gonna be laid off soon, damn you job! >:).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
What kind of articles from the categories listed above?

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Any tips for writing a review? :huh:

I'm giving it a go but it's hard to stay objective or sound professional given I'm a fan of the game I'm writing about...

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

I'm giving it a go but it's hard to stay objective or sound professional given I'm a fan of the game I'm writing about...
I'd look at the game from all angles. Try and remember playing it from the first time, when you weren't a fan and explain the things that made you like it. However, also try to point out some negativeness (or things that irk you, if you want to put it to a lesser extent) to make the review balanced.

By all means, I love to praise a game and I'll still find one or two things that can be quite annoying.

Good luck with it!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

In addition to what Ami said, try imagining you hate the game. What are arguments people who don't like it make? Do those arguments have any merit? Etc.

Don't forget modest.

:smugkat:

I'm sorry, I'm just in a sarcastic mood right now. :smashedmonster:

Modesty is for those who lack conviction. =P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I GOT OPINIONS

2010-09-17-20p17_zps46f6e89b.png

yeh.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I can do either PC or Handheld, tbh, tho. I actually prefer PC. I'm better with editorials than news, though I'm not adverse to either.
Feel free to rustle up anything you want. Give us that review of Neverwinter on BFF if you really want! :)

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, I can send that over. Shall I email it to you?

I had another look at the site and she sure is purdy. I especially enjoy the Babbling Blogness. Feels very personable.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Absolutely! And ooh, thanks for both compliments. :awesome:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I broke out my NES to play the game I'm reviewing, now I want to complete it.
The game is 27 years old, the review can wait until the weekend right? :wacky:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Absolutely. We're in no immediate rush for a review.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I broke out my NES to play the game I'm reviewing, now I want to complete it.
The game is 27 years old, the review can wait until the weekend right? :wacky:

Godsfuckingdammit Russell, I'm contemplating the two hour drive to Nottingham to fucking high-five you. Good job sir! *salutes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom