• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Gauging Interest- The Next Fanworks Project

What should the next fanworks project be?

• Round Robin Original Story

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Round Robin Retelling

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • People's Choice Awards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why not both?

• Something else (please leave comment)

• Total voters

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
So guys, even though the Halloween Fanworks Contest is coming to a close I am always thinking about the next big thing.

The way I figure it I'd like the next project to be a bit more casual and require less work so that we could get more people involved in it. To that end, I've come up with two possible community projects that could be a lot of fun and hopefully a bit more relaxing.

Round Robin Story
I believe this has been done before on these forums, but I really like where these can go if we get a lot of people involved. Basically we would begin a story and then each person who posts would post the next part of the story etc, etc. The story would be set in a Final Fantasy multiverse and could incorporate any FF franchise (or theoretically any franchise at all). It's sure to get ridiculous.

As a slight variant to this, if you all would prefer we could do a "Round Robin Retelling" where we take turns telling the story of a certain Final Fantasy game. Some folks might tell the story accurately but others might want to throw in wild twists to the storyline.

Either of these could be a fun little bit of controlled chaos and with either variant the only rule is to not ignore or retcon previous posts. No matter how insane, everything has to be incorporated.

People's Choice Awards

If you're burnt out on creating and want to get to judging, like a middle class, middle-aged republican (terrible joke is terrible), then the People's Choice Awards might be a better idea for you. Basically it would go the same as the other various choices. People would nominate fanworks from any category and then from there we'd break it up into appropriate "awards" and vote on the best for each. I'd give plenty of time on this one for nominations, probably straight through to December for nominations, if not longer.

You would also be able to let the content creator know that they've been "nominated" and the winners would have their work featured on a front-page article (doesn't that sound familiar?) so it could also drive people to the site.

So what do you all think?

Top Bottom