• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General Anime Thread

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
So I log into Netflix - probably for the first time this year - and they got their hands on MONSTER?

Netflix: listen bitches. If you can extract Monster from the unholiest pits of streaming rights hell, you can play goddamn Fly Me To The Moon. And now I want the Cowboy Bebop movie. No excuses!

Robert S. S. Gordon

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Made in Abyss season 2 coming on 2022!!

mia2.jpg
Lulcielid, is Made in the Abyss part 1, the one where there's a huge hole that goes all the way down into the earth and the kids go down into it?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Scott Pilgrim has always been polarizing, but I like its chutzpah.

Also I think they got the entire movie cast to return? Impressive!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i haven't watched anything in so long and when i finally do it was freaking gibiate, a show i heard was bad but still watched because it was said to be bad

and it turns out yes, it is pretty bad. i could have watched so many other shows but i did this to myself

UBADDoV.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
oh god yes

VeYPFES.jpg

i will admit that it surprised me with its twists near the end, but mainly because it just feels so out of nowhere lol

also within the first 5 minutes it gets things wrong, talking about the victors of the battle of sekigahara but the scene specifies that it takes place on the 15th of october. the battle of sekigahara didn't take place until the 21st. they should have just not given an exact date but instead decided to be inaccurate for no reason

although the op does kind of slap, but the ending animation did annoy me. who the hell is watching that tv in this immaculate room, you will never find out. it isn't even nonsensical in an interesting way, it's just mostly static images of someone watching reused clips from the series. baffling choice all around

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I watched Ooku: The Inner Chambers this weekend. I am shocked that no one is talking about it. It was on my (well, technically my friend's :wacky:) Netflix feed for a while but I never watched it because I assumed it would be a hollow revenge fantasy that I wouldn't want to indulge. Wrong was I. I recommend this anime for people who have enjoyed heavily political dramas like Gundam and Star Trek, and for people who have enjoyed thoughtful gender deconstructions like Utena. It's only 10 episodes. Very dense, very sad, very nuanced. Lifelike characters. I have mixed feelings about the ending and I'm not sure what the author was trying to say, if anything more than presenting a situation as is. I think it's a study of how societies, individuals, and the concept of gender, adapt to all kinds of circumstances. It's historically accurate, with the obvious alt history twist that is treated in universe as a secret conspiracy. Considering reading the manga. Hopefully they make a season 2.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got a trial of the crunchyroll amazon video channel (because i wanted to rewatch shin godzilla), and i decided to throw on fafner to rewatch after not watching it since it first aired

do crunchyroll use machine translation for the subtitles or something, because these are a mess. one of the first lines says "steel fastener" randomly and i was like, what. i just realised it was mistaking 'fafner' ファフナー for 'fastener' ファスナー. it's the name of the show and you messed it up in the second line of dialogue

it seem to get better after the opening but that didn't last. it gets characters' names wrong (calling kazuki 'keisuke/katsuki', soushi 'sushi') yet used the first name 'kenji' where the audio uses his surname 'kondou' so you do know the character names?? lines that aren't 'steel fastener'-level wrong are unnatural or stilted, or internally inconsistent ("so she's come back, hasn't he?")

i think i have heard they don't pay translators at cr well and they get rushed, but i thought that was more for simucast shows airing now. this is a show from 2004

edit; i turned off the subs eventually but the next episode repeats the 'steel fastener' line so i turned them on again to see if it got fixed

"hozuki. the'll fockler
itself unite with it."

it was not. instead kazuki got another name and 'fafner' became 'fockler'. i am almost tempted to leave them on just to see what else it gets wrong

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I took a quick look at Fafner through the Crunchyroll app and the subs don’t seem quite that gloriously bad. I suspect Prime has its own copy of the catalog and manages the subs itself, whether it actually has them on hand or not.

Top Bottom