General Anime Thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just watched the "Blame!" film and now I'm gonna see about diving into the manga.

Also watched Gantz: O the other night as well.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Has anyone gotten news if they'll remake or continue this old anime called Baccano? Fuckin' love the anime and had to read all the light novels to get an understanding of the old anime.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
God damn it to hell, If they can adapt Durarara! they can adapt this gangster epic. Sigh, hoping that they can someday, considering the manga was just released recently.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That video reminds me of how one of my favorite childhood cartoons (also traumatizing) was a Japanese animation (story was from NL, based on a theater show). Only learned that recently. Mind you, it doesn't have That Specific Style or whatever. Nor the language.

That theme song / opening thing <3

At 3:50, dat booty just too fine. THICC

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Back to youth traumas? :monster: there's a long-nailed creature in the opening scene, it's still making me feel a bit uncomfortable <_<.

That and the
hku___dolf_is_rechtvaardig_by_dougurasu-e1488372430285.jpg
, :monster:.

TIL from this interview that Ollie the stork changes gender midway through the series ("because if you always deliver boys and girls you sometimes want to be one or the other"), and becomes the first elected president of Groot-Waterland. Didn't know it was that progressive at the time :monster:. That and there's an episode that deals with racism, which was specifically intended for the South-African market (which was still dealing with apartheid at that time); it's often excluded from the video tapes or DVD's due to racist remarks made by the character Wannes de Gans directed at black ducks.

I should watch the whole thing on youtube, :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Same, watched the first two episodes last night. It probably explains a lot about my personality, :monster:. My therapist would have a field day, if I had any.

I mean
it's saying that falling in love and wooing a mate is easy, yet futile because everything dies. I mean fuck, it wasn't even just his parents, but his six siblings too!
And the main reason he survives is due to having ADD.

Anyway I'm now broken for life once again.

Alfred J. Kwak... I caught a glimpse of this show when I was a wee lad. I only watched a few minutes...and I happened to see the saddest part.

THAT SCENE stuck with me for years. Being reminded of the show now roughly 20 years later feels a bit nostalgic, despite how little I watched of it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah, watch moar of it, he's got a birthday party in that same episode and he's got like friends and shit :monster:. One of which who happens to be a kleptomaniac that steals the crown jewels which Alfred is chucked in jail for, wrong place, wrong time. The Dutch VA's "But I'm just a duckling!" is so heartwrenching. If I had one left, that is, :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Just finished watching Death Parade. I started it on Friday and watched 10 episodes in one day. :wacky: Then I finished the last two tonight. That's all there is but it's definitely worth watching imo. I wasn't sure about it after the first ep, but it intrigued me enough to continue, and I'm glad I did!
I won't go into detail about the plot, but it gives you some thoughts to contemplate and is genuinely intriguing and enjoyable. It got me emotional several times. :monster:
The tone is overall darker but quite good. It's only 12 episodes but I liked the story and several of the characters. Idk peoples, just give it a watch, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :monster:

Also it's got a kickass opening. I found this OP on youtube randomly and no joke this is what made me want to watch this series. LISTEN TO IT. :reptar: IT'S SO JAMMABLE!

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I watched Death Parade with my friend earlier this year! We fuckign love the OP song, it's so great.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
I&#8217;m not finished with it, but I been watching Hyouka and it&#8217;s great. Pretty short with only one small arc I&#8217;d consider boring.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Danganronpa, Future Despair, and Hope Loved Future, Despair Arc good but less enjoyable because I care less about DR2 characters, Hope Good, but Short. Have become a huge fan of this series in the short time since I stumbled across it and for the first time in quite awhile I am shipping something (Naegiri) hard.

Also Attack on Titan. Love the music and the op, really wishing I hadn't read ahead in the manga.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Recently watched the Blame! movie on Netflix, and dear gods, I got instantly hooked, and am now 4.5/6 volumes through the series, and I absolutely love it.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd like something new to watch, preferably something on crunchyroll because apparently I'm still paying for them :monster:.

I've watched half of Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure, but it's getting very grindy in a way, err, like repetitive and boring and not really going anywhere, not like the first and second seasons (?). I'd like to finish it, but arsedness is hard to find.

A friend of mine watched most / all of Natuto, but IDK if I cba with a thousand episodes of that.

DBS gets a new episode every week, I can sorta keep up with that. The current arc is kinda dragging on though. Still, probably the best and most ambitious arc in all of DB's history, with dozens of new characters introduced over the past idk, 50 or so episodes.

Anyway, a lot of the stuff on there is either like I've never heard of it, or I have heard of it but only like once or so and nobody talks about it, which is for me a big indicator on whether something's worth watching. Same with all of Netflix' current offering, I mean they churn out loads of movies and TV shows but the quality is dubious and nobody talks about them.

Top Bottom