• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General Anime Thread

iJFXfZb.jpg

It (almost) always be like that

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Well intros are ment to be catch people's attention to watch the show, so naturally they are more bombastic than the outros.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Those type of outros are usually done in series where shit gets real and depressing and serve as a way of either

A) Showcasing the characters in a happier, brighter setting to offset the soul crushing despair of the current scenario. Because sometimes it's nice to show characters in happier times to give variety.

B) Further hammer home that these characters will never know happiness and this is the type of everyday peace and joy they'll never know.

So yeah. :mon:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Can this be a thread about shit I complain about?

Because I'm seriously getting sick of all the stupid, lazy incest that's been forced into anime as of late. I'm not so weak willed that incest will immediately send me running for the hills (ala Game of Thrones or Penguindrum), but now it's neither deconstructed or well written, it's a harem kink and I hope this trend dies.

Oh wow. I know this is a 5-year old post (I apologize because I really don't remember having opened this thread before), but I'm always pleasantly surprised every time Mawaru Penguindrum gets mentioned (nevermind if it be in a positive or negative light, idc). It's difficult and confusing, but it's still a favorite, so I'm always glad when it gets a mention considering that it's a pretty obscure title.

But yes, I agree. The incest is generally tiresome in anime. I have a little sister, but I can't really see the appeal of the "kawaii imouto" type of incest or whatever, or just any kind of incest (or twincest) for that matter. If anything, it actually makes me cringe like in "Aki Sora" or "Yosuga no Sora" (and why does one of these characters named Sora? lol). I could tolerate the pseudo-incest in Penguindrum because of the later reveal that they aren't blood related, but then there's this one female character who's romantically (arguably) chasing this one male character despite the both of them knowing that they're actually... lol twins. Until now, I still don't know what to make of that plot point. Guess it's time for a rewatch.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Erased.

Pretty good and tense. You may figure out the killer early, but that doesn't really matter to the story tension, because it's not so much 'who did it' as 'who will be saved/what will it cost'. Could have done without the last moment meeting Airi, though.

Oh wow. I know this is a 5-year old post (I apologize because I really don't remember having opened this thread before), but I'm always pleasantly surprised every time Mawaru Penguindrum gets mentioned (nevermind if it be in a positive or negative light, idc). It's difficult and confusing, but it's still a favorite, so I'm always glad when it gets a mention considering that it's a pretty obscure title.

Penguindrum is great (I, too, am glad whenever it's mentioned)! Have you watched any other Ikuhara shows?

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I hope the arsonist gets punished to the full extent of the law, and then some extra. Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with people like this fucking asshole?

....I hope the KyoAni shop accepts paypal, cause that's all I got for online payment.
Edit: They accept credit card too, so it's cool.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Best 2020 anime news thus far:

21 (sans Grave of the Fireflies) Ghibli movies will come to Netflix outside of North America & Japan.

They will release on monthly batches:

February 1st:
• Castle in the Sky (1986)
• My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
• Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)
• Only Yesterday (1991)
• Porco Rosso (1992)
• Ocean Waves (1993)
• Tales from Earthsea (2006)

March 1st:
• Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
• Princess Mononoke (1997)
• My Neighbors the Yamadas (1999)
• Spirited Away (2001)
• The Cat Returns (2002)
• Arrietty (2010)
• The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (2013)

April 1st:
• Pom Poko (1994)
• Whisper of the Heart (1995)
• Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
• Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2008)
• From Up on Poppy Hill (2011)
• The Wind Rises (2013)
• When Marnie Was There (2014).

----
The only concern some fans have right now will be dubbing...

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Will we get more anime adaptations of korean webcomics :monster:?

Tower of God coming this April. Very interested in thus one, as a reader of the webcomic I hope this adaptation does a lot streamlining because, the story in the source can get needlessly padded in parts, even during the beginning portion.
f96e6c829fe34e9bf82100a3aed934c11582602917_full.png

Sometime in the future God of Highschool is coming anime, produced by Mappa.
p4k2a5vrr3j41.jpg

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Best 2020 anime news thus far:

21 (sans Grave of the Fireflies) Ghibli movies will come to Netflix outside of North America & Japan.

They will release on monthly batches:

February 1st:
• Castle in the Sky (1986)
• My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
• Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)
• Only Yesterday (1991)
• Porco Rosso (1992)
• Ocean Waves (1993)
• Tales from Earthsea (2006)

March 1st:
• Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
• Princess Mononoke (1997)
• My Neighbors the Yamadas (1999)
• Spirited Away (2001)
• The Cat Returns (2002)
• Arrietty (2010)
• The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (2013)

April 1st:
• Pom Poko (1994)
• Whisper of the Heart (1995)
• Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
• Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2008)
• From Up on Poppy Hill (2011)
• The Wind Rises (2013)
• When Marnie Was There (2014).

----
The only concern some fans have right now will be dubbing...
Second batch of Ghibli movies are now on Netflix worldwide (sans NA & JP).

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Alright, well I'm three years late to the boat on this one, but it isn't 2019 anymore anyway so who cares. I found this show from 2017 called "Girls Last Tour" about these two girls just kinda getting by in a post apocalyptic world. It's all at once super chill, cute, and incredibly depressing. I dunno, given the current state of the world, it made me feel a lot of things. Highly recommended!

91etWDEYUmL._RI_.jpg

Top Bottom