• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General Anime Thread

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Alright, well I'm three years late to the boat on this one, but it isn't 2019 anymore anyway so who cares. I found this show from 2017 called "Girls Last Tour" about these two girls just kinda getting by in a post apocalyptic world. It's all at once super chill, cute, and incredibly depressing. I dunno, given the current state of the world, it made me feel a lot of things. Highly recommended!

91etWDEYUmL._RI_.jpg
I also recommend reading the manga after the anime, the manga concluded a few months after the anime and if you want to continue where the anime left I believe it's only 15 chapters. The ending was soul crushing.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I also recommend reading the manga after the anime, the manga concluded a few months after the anime and if you want to continue where the anime left I believe it's only 15 chapters. The ending was soul crushing.
I'm looking into getting the manga right this very moment actually lol.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PSA: The last batch of Ghibli movies are available now on Netflix worldwide (sans NA & Japan), the movies are:

• Pom Poko (1994)
• Whisper Of The Heart (1995)
• Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
• Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea (2008)
• From Up On Poppy Hill (2011)
• The Wind Rises (2013)
• When Marnie Was There (2014)

Grave of the Fireflies is still missing :(

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Also I just remembered this funny bit of trivia, John Eric Bentley, Barret’s English voice actor in the Remake, was/is also the voice actor for the hero Fire Emblem (a non-binary character who would fit right in with the Honey Bee Inn staff) in the Tiger & Bunny English dub. Wrap your mind around that!

(Also bonus trivia Barret’s old English voice actor Beau Billingslea, was the English dub voice for Ben Jackson, one of Tiger’s employers/boss in the anime).

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like it doesn't need to have a date at all?
Might as well just have a general anime thread. These threads are never busy enough to warrant a new one every single year anyway.

Anybody a fan of Slayers here? The 30th anniversary was a few days ago and I think I'm gonna rewatch it to kill some time.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Might as well just have a general anime thread. These threads are never busy enough to warrant a new one every single year anyway.

Anybody a fan of Slayers here? The 30th anniversary was a few days ago and I think I'm gonna rewatch it to kill some time.

I have like the whole soundtrack. The one caveat is that I haven't watched the show. :monster: I feel like I should.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I have like the whole soundtrack. The one caveat is that I haven't watched the show. :monster: I feel like I should.
You should! Especially of you like 90's cheese. I always site it as the show that managed to achieve the perfect balance between serious plot episodes and comedy slice of life filler. Admittedly, the first half of season 1 is a bit rough around the edges, but Slayers at its prime (season 2) cannot be beaten. Also all of the theme songs are amazing, as you apparently already know.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Spoilers for the anime (and manga parts), if you haven't watch it yet you should, this 2017 anime is easily the best looking CGI anime out there and one of the finest usage in anime right now.

Reactions: Wol

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I started reading a series called school live. It's pretty depressing, especially given current world circumstances, but I like it a lot so far.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm kinda enjoying Parasyte on Netflix. I mean it's got quite a bit of the annoying anime tropes and the theme tune is god awful but that's par for the course. I like the gore and stuff anyway, very Junji Ito, only 3 eps in so maybe I'll be slagging it off in a few days.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the theme tune is god awful
it's funny that this song randomly popped into my head the other day, specifically the part in the full version where the singer shouts at you to shut up as he screams about maslow's hierarchy of needs while one of the other band members keeps saying the word 'baby' a bunch

i might go rewatch that. i have one minor complaint about a way they adapted a scene from the comic but overall i remember enjoying it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yo. 3 months later, but I finally got my hands on all the manga volumes and read them. I'm... sad. It didn't take a genius to figure out how it would end, but still. Actually getting there hurt.
I think I'm gonna draw Yuuri and Chito.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart

Always had this anime in my backlog and now that I think it's time to give it a watch.
Man I've been meaning to watch that for years.

Gankutsuou is one of my favorites. It's been years since I finished it, so I've probably forgotten enough to warrant a rewatch, but it's definitely a treat. It's an eclectic mix of a lot of different genres mixed into one, and sews it all together pretty greatly.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Gankutsuou is one of my favorites. It's been years since I finished it, so I've probably forgotten enough to warrant a rewatch, but it's definitely a treat. It's an eclectic mix of a lot of different genres mixed into one, and sews it all together pretty greatly.
Back when used anime was easier to find, I would always find the later disks but never the first one. I mean, I could just pirate it, but that's no fun. It looks so pretty.

Top Bottom