• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General TV thread

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
For some reason we don't have one stickied, so I'm making a new one.

The Simpsons/Futurama crossover was surprisingly good. Not as good as the classic episodes of either show, but there were quite a few more laughs than I expected there to be.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I'm not the type to watch when I'm bored. So far these are the shows I watch religiously:

Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares every Tues night
American Horror Story: Freak Show every Wed night
Gracepoint every Thurs night
The Walking Dead every Sun night

I also record episodes of Hell's Kitchen and UFC Unleashed/Fight Night.

Oh, and a TV turned on with no one watching is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
I just watch archive tv now.
I'm currently watching Xena. Its my commitment to finish the story I first started watching in 1995 or 1994 (hercules movies) my mind was too infantile to remember which, but never got around to it. Its surprisingly good and improves after each Season.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Is anyone else watching the last season of The Newsroom? Because I'm a little amazed at how eerily Sorkin predicted the fate of the New Republic among other things. I thought the first two seasons of this show were just ok, but this season has been very, very good.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I so behind on all the shows, like seriously. I haven't seen 1 episode of TWD, SoA and I've only finished Season 1 of GoT and Breaking Bad. (I love acronyms).

And I do love TV don't get me wrong but I just can't binge watch shows anymore and there is so much I still want to watch and catch up on and it just keeps building :(

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I watch GoT, Breaking Bad, Flash, American Horror Story and Agents of SHIElD. I'm now adding Arrow to the list and by god there's so many to watch. One at a time imo.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm not going to even list the shows that I'm watching, far too many to count. But I'm a huge TV lover and it's almost equivalent to my gaming life. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Shows I'm currently watching

Greys Anatomy*
Revenge*
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
The Vampire Diaries
New Girl*
Castle
Glee
Looking*
Supernatural
Once Upon a Time
Orange is the New Black*
Homeland
Orphan Black* (just started season 2)
RuPaul's Drag Race*
Scandal
Sons of Anarchy (I'm still on season 1)

*particularly enjoy/ is a favourite

There was a time when I thought my affair with TV shows would end with Buffy and Angel, but that's not been the case. I used to get worried that when a TV show ended I wouldn't find something to fill the void left in my life. Around the time Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, The OC and a lot of other shows I loved ended I was like NOOOOOOO but now I'm like.... there's always going to be TV out there that you enjoy, worry not mr. procrastinator.

I watch all of the shows on this list, but my problem is that some of them are pretty shitty now or have redeeming moments a while into them, some of them are hated on because they're popular when they're really well written and enjoyable (I'm looking at you Grey's Anatomy).

I can't stop watching a show if I've watched more than say 5 or so episodes. Even if I miss the episodes, I'll come back to them at some point. The result is that I still watch shows that I probably should stop watching (Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Glee). Castle has also dipped in quality since last season but it's still a great show.

A strange trend I've noticed that I'm not used to is some of them actually getting better as they progress (Revenge, The Vampire Diaries, New Girl) and it feels odd to tell people "persevere, it gets better" with a TV show but when it's worth it, it's worth it (Revenge is so fucking good it's ridiculous).

Obviously people are going to turn their nose up at The Vampire Diaries too - I was one of them. I put it on on Netflix for a laugh one day while I was busy doing something and now I think it's really well done. Yes it's teen-focused, yes it's based on terrible novels by a terrible writer, and yes it's a bit ridiculous. But it's also self aware, surprisingly well written and very very unpredictable. Like the nobody is safe TV-trope is all over the bloody place in this show, main characters drop like flies at the most unexpected moments. And you sometimes go "eyeroll, now this is going to happen" and it NEVER DOES. In that, it is enjoyable.

Homeland I started watching on Netflix and now I'm bored shitless with. I actively want to stop watching it which is very unusual for me.

Greys Anatomy is the one that's been with me since I discovered how to watch TV shows online the minute after they aired in America (this began with season 1 of Lost) since the UK generally waits 4 months and then airs them weekly with no gaps rather than the US approach of airing while filming - in some cases shows air here a year later. But Greys is like... the home of TV for me. Like any TV show it's had its ups and downs, but it's important to recognise that it's in its 11th season and the past two seasons have had some of the strongest writing the series has ever seen, and that's a bloody achievement.

Scandal is another Shonda Rhimes show and I've taken a break from it. I think I was somewhere in the middle of season 3 when I stopped watching it. How to Get Away with Murded is her other show (the Shonda Triad). I hear it's excellent but I haven't started watching it yet.

To me good TV can be as enjoyable as a good book. I find that as long as something takes me on an emotional journey and I can connect with it, I love it. I would rather sit and watch a TV boxset than a movie any day of the week. I know the majority of people are "movie people", but I've got to say it's my least favourite form of storytelling media and this is probably due to the emotional connection factor re: time constraints. My favourite movies are again movies that have taken me on an emotional journey, and that's hard to do in the typical 90 minutes. That's probably why my favourite movies are those with actors I love (Sandra Bullock), or huge epics like LoTR or Interstellar. Or they're Disney movies.

As you can tell, I could talk all day about TV. If anyone wants to make a thread for any of these shows or talk about them with me I could chat all day :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I caught that a while back but I don't like to post about shows if I'm not completely up to date. Scandal is pretty good but it's not really even in my top 5 so it'll probably be a while before I start getting caught up :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I watch an insane amount of television. This are the shows that I watch that are currently on the air:

Game of Thrones *
Gotham
Sleepy Hollow *
The Flash *
Agent Carter *
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. *
The Golbergs *
Modern Family *
Blackish
Parks and Recreation *
Community *
Vikings *
Orphan Black *
Outlander *
Doctor Who *
Saturday Night Live
Archer *
The Walking Dead
Silicom Valley *
Once Upon A Time
Adventure Time

* Really enjoy/ Is a favorite

Shows that I used to watch but stopped in the past year:
Castle
Defiance

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Since everyone else has listed them, I might as well list mine. :monster:

Shows currently on air:
Agent Carter
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Archer
Arrow
The Big Bang Theory
Broadchurch
Community
Doctor Who
The Flash
Game of Thrones
Glee
Gotham
Looking
Lost Girl
New Girl
Once Upon a Time
The Originals
The Vampire Diaries
The Walking Dead

There are probably more, but those are the ones on the top of my head. As I've typed this list out, it's occurred to me I'm a bit behind on a few of them and didn't realise they'd started airing again. The ones I feel particularly passionate about, I post reviews up on Geekspective.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Off the top of my head, currently running shows I watch on a regular/semi-regular basis:

Agent Carter*
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.*
Archer*
The Blacklist*
Blue Bloods
Broadchurch
Castle
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Doctor Who*
Elementary*
Galavant
Game of Thrones
Gracepoint
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver*
Modern Family*
The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
Orphan Black*
Scandal*
Sherlock*
The Simpsons (although I mostly watch old episodes of this)
True Detective*

As with other people, asterisked shows are ones I really enjoy.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
The only shows (excluding anything animated) that I actually keep up with and/or watch to completion each season are Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead...and I'm actually not too captivated by The Walking Dead. I use my television mostly for background noise or so that potential intruders will assume that I'm home when I'm not. :closedmonster:

The show that I most commonly use for background noise is Roseanne.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Holy shit?! You watch Vikings!?!??!

FLOKI BABY! FLOKI ALL THE WAY!!!

floki79769898_138.jpg

You rang? :neo:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
So Better Call Saul is pretty great. I'm going to have to watch more of Breaking Bad, I think. I've only seen the first episode so far.

Lex

Administrator
I watched up to the episode with the bathtub and the leaking through the ceiling and then stopped. I get that it's supposed to be the be all end all of tv shows but I'm just not feeling it. No doubt I'll binge it one day. It's just that some shows these days go out of there way to look grimey and grungey and it's not realistic. The Walking Dead is a culprit in this respect, but it's a show about zombies so it gets a bit more leeway.

Plus I have a lot of trouble dealing with Brian Cranston as anything other than Malcolm's dad since that's another show I was incredibly attached to (Lois is my life, that woman is fucking amazing - Jane Kaczkzkzkamehameha or whatever her name is).

Cabaret

Donator
Ok how about East Enders?! Talk about puling out all the stops! I think they did a better job than the Dr Who 50th. Go the Beeb!

I'm also hoping we''ll get a good story line about child killers now. Cos it's not really been done yet afaik.

Ami, I'm back on board!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
You're literally the first person, besides family, to actually get onboard with the anniversary (haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate, etc :monster:), so let's break it down Cami (Cab/Ami, geddit?) style. :monster:

All right, my original theory was Abi and thought I had a pretty strong case about this:

- The promo picture had her in the middle wearing a red coat. Red meaning blood, meaning murder. Little Red Riding Hood stood in the middle of the picture.
- Abi finding out about the affair between her dad and Lucy since she sent the email with the photos.
- She accidentally ran over and killed her dog during a driving lesson, exerting strange behaviour later when she said "things die".
- She broke up with Jay not long after Lucy's death.
- Her behaviour dramatically changed over the ten months.

There are other reasons, but can't think of them at the top of my head. With those in mind, my theory for Abi killing Lucy would be because she's so sick of her dad having affairs and didn't like Lucy very much, anyway. She perhaps wanted him back. After the Max/Stacey affair coming out, Max/Tanya being on and off, Lauren's alcoholism over the years... she's led a very dysfunctional life since being on the Square. It wouldn't surprise me if she snapped and that moment of anger was taken out on Lucy.

But after Tuesday's revelation of Max thinking Lauren thinks Abi killed her, it just clicked to me: Bobby! Only a few facts came to light: Jane whisked Bobby away not long after the death and they recast the role of Bobby just before the murder when Jane returned with him.

The dysfunctional part that I mentioned about Abi? Well yeah, apply that to Bobby. He's grown up without his biological mother (Laura) since she fell down the stairs and died (which Janine was wrongly accused and put behind bars for). The only one he think has ever cared for him is Jane because he's always referred to her as his mother. Ian was always clashing with the kids (even Cindy, who's not even his but half-sister to Lucy and Peter) and had some kind of drama going on.

And as seen from the flashback episode at 9.25pm last night, Bobby said that Lucy made everyone unhappy (although we know it's not entirely true, she was just struggling with cocaine). So in a moment of anger, he must've grabbed the music box to see what was inside (everyone was going on about it beforehand) and a struggle ensued. Since Lucy had suffered head trauma already (Max's car lot, Abi, Denise) and been accidentally assaulted (Jake), it only took one blow during the fight between them to kill Lucy.

Cue Jane who was on the phone to him. It's no wonder Bobby rang her, as she's the one person who's always been there for him. It's quite eerie to think this all happened whilst Ian, Denise and Cindy were all sleeping upstairs. However, it's understandable that they wouldn't hear what happened because of Roxy's party across the square. We'll find out tonight, but I bet Jane dumped Lucy's body on the Common to make it look like a mugging (which we already know) and maybe had someone help her to do it.

Although it'll probably be ruled as an accident, Bobby looked like he meant it and it's quite fascinating to look at child killers. The tough environment he's grown up in is a huge contribution towards what happened. I'm excited to see how it'll all turn out tonight, but I'm sad to say that I won't be able to watch it because I'm out for a meal!

I haven't analysed a TV episode as much as this. Heck, I didn't even think about Archie's murder back in 2010 as much as this!

PS: I totally had my money on Ronnie for killing Archie. :monster:

Cabaret

Donator
Spoilers from the ep from 20th Feb here:

You're literally the first person, besides family, to actually get onboard with the anniversary (haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate, etc :monster:), so let's break it down Cami (Cab/Ami, geddit?) style. :monster:

Lawlers I think you'll be doing most of the driving here, I'll be your sub ;)

All right, my original theory was Abi and thought I had a pretty strong case about this:

- The promo picture had her in the middle wearing a red coat. Red meaning blood, meaning murder. Little Red Riding Hood stood in the middle of the picture.

Ah I don't think modern tv does that kind of thing cos it gets too corny no?

- Abi finding out about the affair between her dad and Lucy since she sent the email with the photos.
- She accidentally ran over and killed her dog during a driving lesson, exerting strange behaviour later when she said "things die".
- She broke up with Jay not long after Lucy's death.
- Her behaviour dramatically changed over the ten months.

Yeah in hind sight you can see that she was just dealing with it all & it wouldn't add up to murder, but with all the suspicions flying round it really looks possible. I guess this is why Max jumped to his conclusion. I think that's going to make for an interesting story line because if Ian & co don't go public about Bobby, Max will keep believing that & already he's betrayed her trust by suggesting it. That's really going to fuck up their relationship, so it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

The dysfunctional part that I mentioned about Abi? Well yeah, apply that to Bobby. He's grown up without his biological mother (Laura) since she fell down the stairs and died (which Janine was wrongly accused and put behind bars for). The only one he think has ever cared for him is Jane because he's always referred to her as his mother. Ian was always clashing with the kids (even Cindy, who's not even his but half-sister to Lucy and Peter) and had some kind of drama going on.

I think it'll be interesting to see how they play out this child murderer and it'll be a good story, particularly as he seems unaware he actually killed her. ( I think he may be aware.... not sure as I don't know him as a character)

And as seen from the flashback episode at 9.25pm last night, Bobby said that Lucy made everyone unhappy (although we know it's not entirely true, she was just struggling with cocaine). So in a moment of anger, he must've grabbed the music box to see what was inside (everyone was going on about it beforehand) and a struggle ensued. Since Lucy had suffered head trauma already (Max's car lot, Abi, Denise) and been accidentally assaulted (Jake), it only took one blow during the fight between them to kill Lucy.

I think you're looking too deeply into it. Having had knocks wouldn't make you more vulnerable. But if you have a significant knock in the right place it could well kill you. I think she was probably ignoring him as she concentrated on her note & he picked up the box to wallop her to get her to sit up n listen.

I think there are a couple of details here that make me think Bobby may know he killed her. Like he was still holding the box suggesting he had intended to hide it, esp as he came from another direction (the kitchen). That to me says 'oh shit, hide it here, no wait put it back where it was.') He did see Lucy as causing all the trouble which I think shows his immaturity - kids do that, they like things black n white. She he may well have wanted to punish her in a child like way and that's how it happened. I can't see Lucie struggling with him & being unable to overpower him or just walk away from where she was. Also he said he saw her writing something, but that letter was finished. So he saw her writing, let her finish then fought with/attacked her, suggesting it's premeditated to a point.

It's gonna be interesting for sure!

Cue Jane who was on the phone to him. It's no wonder Bobby rang her, as she's the one person who's always been there for him. It's quite eerie to think this all happened whilst Ian, Denise and Cindy were all sleeping upstairs. However, it's understandable that they wouldn't hear what happened because of Roxy's party across the square. We'll find out tonight, but I bet Jane dumped Lucy's body on the Common to make it look like a mugging (which we already know) and maybe had someone help her to do it

I get that he'd phone Jane, but I hope they'll say he did so cos he knew she'd back him whatever & he knew he'd done wrong. Also when she pulled him out the wedding, he kept phoning her & phoning her, he knows something is wrong and more wrong than normal. I think he's trying to keep her on side. Also cos when Ian went to speak to him, he did a typical child reaction - you want to speak to me, so I might be in trouble so I'm gonna make a distraction, minecraft. He knew he was in trouble & is avoiding it.

I didn't get that no one heard anything. I'm sorry but if someone comes in your house, you just know it. It was like Picadily Circus in that house that night!!

Although it'll probably be ruled as an accident, Bobby looked like he meant it and it's quite fascinating to look at child killers. The tough environment he's grown up in is a huge contribution towards what happened. I'm excited to see how it'll all turn out tonight, but I'm sad to say that I won't be able to watch it because I'm out for a meal!
yep yep and yep!!!

I haven't analysed a TV episode as much as this. Heck, I didn't even think about Archie's murder back in 2010 as much as this!
I find a lot of whodunit plots very simple to work out or unrealistic cos they try to avoid you working it out. East enders have blown this out the water cos they've kept it all very realistic. I've been watching thinking, but none of them have done it, it's just not in their character.

PS: I totally had my money on Ronnie for killing Archie. :monster:
I missed that story... and the last 10 years or so!! :/
[/QUOTE]

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I watched up to the episode with the bathtub and the leaking through the ceiling and then stopped. I get that it's supposed to be the be all end all of tv shows but I'm just not feeling it. No doubt I'll binge it one day. It's just that some shows these days go out of there way to look grimey and grungey and it's not realistic. The Walking Dead is a culprit in this respect, but it's a show about zombies so it gets a bit more leeway.

Plus I have a lot of trouble dealing with Brian Cranston as anything other than Malcolm's dad since that's another show I was incredibly attached to (Lois is my life, that woman is fucking amazing - Jane Kaczkzkzkamehameha or whatever her name is).

If you like MitM then you'll probably get a kick out of Breaking Bad's alternate ending. (Spoiler free, surprisingly :monster:)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Am watching Better Call Saul atm. It's a bit more low-key and far more PG than Breaking Bad was/is - less violence, less swearing, less drug abuse and less srs business so far. But, I like it, and I wonder where the story will go and shit. It probably won't be as critically acclaimed as Breaking Bad in the end though. But that's fine - it's still solid, and not everything should be the best evar.

Top Bottom